Viv - I have a quilt question please......

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Viv - I have a quilt question please......

Post by Amethyst » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:45 pm

TJ with a question, now the kids are going to choose the colour of their bedrooms I want to make them each a quilt (I made a cot quilt for the nursery when they were babies), but how do you choose a pattern? I know the colour to base each on, but how do you decide on what pattern to make??
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:19 pm

grizle wrote:
Vivianne wrote:I've never used fusible batting, I usually pin, but have just found a good link showing a good way to thread baste, I'm gonna try that next time.
The lady's at the bernina store introduced me to 505 adhesive spray the other day. Made quilting so much easier.
I love 505, but it doesn't work well on blankets, they're too heavy for the spray to hold. Works really well on wool batting though, used it on George's single bed quilt and it made a huge difference.
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Vivianne
TNN guru

Post by Vivianne » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Look at lots, working out if you like traditional or modern, then working to skill level I guess. This year I'm extending my skill levels by completely handstitching a whole quilt ,the piecing and quilting) and working on a New York Beauty. Lots of the easy patterns are very effective and I know a whole bunch that look quite hard but are easy to make. Get quilting books from the library if you can.

Return to “DIY everything else”