2013 Crafting Goals

goose
TNN nerd

Re: 2013 Crafting Goals

Post by goose » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:46 pm

Ooooh love that quilt RachaelD :smt060 Quilting has been on my to do list for over 10 yrs, but I keep putting it off, am scared of getting addicted to yet another craft 8-[ I'd love to make my girls a quilt like that each though 8-)

So far this year I've made 9 oven cloths, 10 or 11 dresses, 5 fabric notebook covers, 2 knitted dishcloths, and tonight I hope to finish dd1s cotton olearia shrug (was started in December).

As of yesterday I'm on holiday for a few weeks, so it's all knitting and sewing for my girls, plus a few skirts to sew for me. dd1 needs a swimming bag.

Have patterns in progress for another style of girls dress, as well as little boy trousers. Plans in my head for a million other projects :morningcoffee: :lol:

I know of at least 7 babies being born this year to friends and family, so will be a bit of baby knitting to do too :vibes:
Rachael (mum to DD1 8yrs, and DD2 5yrs)

sophyzippo
TNN nerd

Post by sophyzippo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Finish all the projects I have on the go so I can stop being called 'Half job Soph' although I must say I am much better now than I was!

So I need to finish my cross stitch and finish the scarf I am making for the child. Maybe find some use for my pretty scrap booking paper but thats it.
Sophyzippo and the Year of Frugality

http://sophyzippo.blogspot.co.nz/

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:24 pm

My crafting time is going to be limited to small "sanity" projects in the next week or so as school is going to be super crazy. I would like to make these before school starts again (28th Jan):
* Pillowcases to match Will's & James' recently finished quilts
* Class set of togas cut & sewn for DH's Classics class :lol:
* Ideally a sewn tote bag for me for to & from school
* a few RAOKs/trades to sort
* Possibly an upcycled bottle to yarn holder http://pinterest.com/pin/88805423873845486/

* Will keep watching calls for testers & opt for small sizes/projects for my young nieces/nephews/great nieces (my kids are getting a bit big for quick projects now :( )

My big projects wish list:
* Rainbow coin stack quilt for Emily (hope to make next holidays)
* B&W quilt for our bed at some stage (still to sort layout - have fabrics waiting)
* Finish a 4 ply fingering cotton granny square blanket (This is my pottering/portable fall-back project until I start joining & it gets too big to transport)
* Have another go at this http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/capelet-cardi (didn't like the yarn I started with so frogged)
* Crochet rainbow blanket :smt049
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Chooky
TNN guru

Post by Chooky » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:44 am

I want to sew a rag quilt for Isla, and one for Ebbe too if the first one's a success (cutting the squares is a mission in itself :twitch: me and the rotary cutter aren't friends!)
I have a lot of knitting to get through, my sister is due with twins in april ( :TNN2: :TNN2: ) so I want to knit a couple of cocoons, dresses and hats for them. Also a pile of nappies to sew up! As well as winter knitting for my kids. There are so many lovely new patterns on rav that I want to try out but time (and money) don't always allow! :D

Mrs Shavas
TNN nerd

Post by Mrs Shavas » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:03 pm

Updated from my blog

21/01: Selfish sewing - top for myself
28/01: DD1's birthday presents
4/02: Nappies
11/02: Advent calendar
18/02: DD1's birthday presents
25/02: UFO's
4/03: Selfish sewing- maybe another top, or a skirt
11/03:
18/03:
25/03: DD1's birthday presents
1/04: Winter sorting/sewing
8/04: Knitting
15/04: Birthday prep
"almost without exception [women] are shown in their relation to men. It was strange to think that all the great women of fiction were, [...]not only seen by the other sex, but seen only in relation to the other sex. And how small a part of a woman’s life is that"Virginia Woolf
Mum to my P Monkey 18/04/08, fox 28/11/09, and Missy moo moo 2/07/12

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:06 pm

I want to learn proper screen printing. DH gave me a kit for Christmas... just gotta
a) get arse off computer chair
b) clean house
c) actually do some work
and then I'll be free to have fun screen printing... so maybe it's a 2014 goal :mrgreen:

Sezzles
TNN nerd

Post by Sezzles » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Ohh and Mum just gave me a big old wooden doll house that Pop made for us when we were little, big square one with open roof, moveable walls etc. So I am going to do it up for DD, hopefully have it done for her birthday at the end of Feb 8-) Or failing that maybe Christmas lol
Last edited by Sezzles on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah - WAHM to Riley 19/08/07, Olivia 24/02/10, six wee ~0~ babies, and finally our precious little Cameron 13/04/14.
Image Image Image
http://www.chaseebee.co.nz/

piggywiggy
TNN nerd

Post by piggywiggy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:33 pm

Claire wrote:I want to learn proper screen printing. DH gave me a kit for Christmas... just gotta
a) get arse off computer chair
b) clean house
c) actually do some work
and then I'll be free to have fun screen printing... so maybe it's a 2014 goal :mrgreen:

Oh yes, you have no idea how much this is describing me. I have so much time off at the moment and could be doing oodles, but I'm just doing not much everyday at the moment. Which is incredibly relaxing but I neeeeeeeeed to actually pull finger and start doing something.
Catherine
Working mumma to D (march 08) and N (dec 10)

Return to “DIY everything else”