Luxury yarn - coloursong?

Foxtrot
TNN nerd

Luxury yarn - coloursong?

Post by Foxtrot » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:35 pm

We have recently come into a wee bit of unexpected money and I am allowed to buy some fancy yarn as a treat \:D/. I thought I'd get something to make a gorgeous winter scarf and hat for myself for next winter, but I don't really know what will be good. I am quite sensitive to itch around my neck, so it has to be really soft and not scratchy at all. Some of the colorsong ones look lovely http://www.colorsongyarn.com/yarns/yarn_weight.htm but has anyone tried any of them and know how soft they are? Its so hard to choose when you can't feel them first. Or can you recommend anything else that will be lovely and soft and beautifully dyed?
Bernadine
Image Image Image
Angel baby Feb 2010

“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” Roald Dahl

CarlaK
TNN guru

Re: Luxury yarn - coloursong?

Post by CarlaK » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Malabrigo is a yarn i love, i cant handle prickles around my neck either, but the worsted yarn i have (and covet more of!) is soft and gorgeous, a dream to knit and i would definitely wear it, from what friends tell me Madelinetosh is gorgeous too

i have no idea about Coloursong yarn though, havent heard of it till now, gorgeous colours though!
Carla, Mum of Kaylee - 8, Olivia - 6, Benjamin - 3

Just keep swimming ;)

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:38 pm

I've got quite a lot of their yarn in my stash, but most of it's for socks and therefore scratchiness wasn't really an issue. One that I've already knit though in socks is lovely and soft. It's the Hand Maiden Casbah which I really like; it does lose a little depth of colour over time, but has also lasted well.
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Foxtrot
TNN nerd

Post by Foxtrot » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Thank you! The Malabrigo yarns look gorgeous so I might try one of those. The Handmaiden Casbah is lovely too, but it looks like it only comes in fingering weight and I think I want something a bit heavier this time. Will keep it in mind for next time though :D
Bernadine
Image Image Image
Angel baby Feb 2010

“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” Roald Dahl

Return to “Yarns Crafts (knitting, crochet etc)”