I'm releasing my longies pattern to the wild...

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:41 pm

Here's my latest pair - they are an awesome fit!

Love this pattern JJJ!!
Julia - Knitting nut and mum to 3 delicious children: DD - 9, DS#1 - 7 and DS#3 - 5

Knitting Pattern Designer of The Little Rascals, Poplar, Katniss, Primrose, Greyson patterns - available HERE

flea
TNN guru

Post by flea » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:08 am

Cleckheaton country and cleckheaton country naturals :D - my attempt at doing something boyish ( I don't do boys lol - I'd have no idea if these are too girly as I'd but them on em hehe)
My Blog with Pettiskirt and Tutu Tutes
www.lostinstash.blogspot.com

JJJ
TNN nerd

Post by JJJ » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:57 am

oh these all look so rad!

OK I am going to get off my chuff this week and update the site and the gallery. Are you all ok with me nicking your pics of your beautiful longies to go in my gallery?

I can't believe you guys are all churning out longies so quickly, and I am still working on a pair I started in March :oops:
Mama to Elliott and Connor

kb

Post by kb » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:57 am

Yip Jen, you can use the pics I've posted (of my pair and the ones Mum made), and I'll have another pic (of ginormous Amelia sized ones!) tomorrow for you ;)

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:20 pm

JJJ wrote:oh these all look so rad!

OK I am going to get off my chuff this week and update the site and the gallery. Are you all ok with me nicking your pics of your beautiful longies to go in my gallery?

I'm fine with that if you want to use any of mine - i've just finised a pair of mohair/wool ones for a newborn that are gorgeous!
Julia - Knitting nut and mum to 3 delicious children: DD - 9, DS#1 - 7 and DS#3 - 5

Knitting Pattern Designer of The Little Rascals, Poplar, Katniss, Primrose, Greyson patterns - available HERE

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:29 pm

Can I ask a really obvious question? :oops: :oops: (total newbie here!)
When it says:
Starting at A, k to B, then turn and p back to C for a short row.
can someone explain how you turn from B and purl back to C - is it as easy as it sounds or more difficult? I had a look at the accompanying tute and was waaaayyyyy confused.
Mama to A, J, & A
www.farmfamily.blogspot.com

kb

Post by kb » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:40 pm

It really is as easy as it sounds Shae!
Knit to marker B, then turn the work around so that the needle that was in your left hand is now in your right hand, (and right is now in your left), and purl back to marker A, then purl past marker A until you reach marker C
:)
Does that help?

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Thanks Kelly! I'm still not very good at fixing mistakes so would rather not make them in the first place - hence my knitting is a bit stop-start! You guys are probably thinking :roll: "if shes asking about this, we'd better get ready for loads more questions!" (I should have chosen something a little less ambitious perhaps but they look so cute!)
Mama to A, J, & A

kb

Post by kb » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:05 pm

Ask away Shae!
It s a rare occurence that I know enough about something to be able to help people out :lol:

Makana
TNN guru

Post by Makana » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:19 am

You can use both of mine if you want too JJJ. Going to do a bigger one soon for Missy.
Kate
SAHM to Ariana 8yrs, Makayla 5 years & Holly 2
and three angels
Please check out: Hats for Ethan
My blog HERE

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:25 am

Argh! This morning Joel got a hold of my knitting and unraveled a huge section, unfortunately I had a minor weeping meltdown over it. Hopefully when I get 5 second of peace I might try again.
Mama to A, J, & A

Makana
TNN guru

Post by Makana » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:46 am

KateE wrote:You can use both of mine if you want too JJJ. Going to do a bigger one soon for Missy.

Just realised I have the photos posted on my Homemade gallery thread, here they are for you:

Opal longies in small for niece

Sunset longies in small
Kate
SAHM to Ariana 8yrs, Makayla 5 years & Holly 2
and three angels
Please check out: Hats for Ethan
My blog HERE

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:50 am

There's a video on http://www.knittinghelp.com (under advanced techniques, I think).

We are all happy to answer your questions... we've all been there :)

You'll want to do short rows with wrap, otherwise you will get holes. If you have already done it, don't worry, you can sew them up afterwards, so it's not a biggy. :)

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:44 am

While I'm here, are you able to update the lengths for rise/legs for the smaller sizes JJJ? I've gone and had a look through what people have done but there is quite a variety. For the smalls myself i think i did 16 cm rise, 16 cm legs, but having not got a model to try them on (and as they are a gift for someone else I'm not too sure if they are right)
What have others done?

Thanks!

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:08 pm

j-j wrote:While I'm here, are you able to update the lengths for rise/legs for the smaller sizes JJJ? I've gone and had a look through what people have done but there is quite a variety. For the smalls myself i think i did 16 cm rise, 16 cm legs, but having not got a model to try them on (and as they are a gift for someone else I'm not too sure if they are right)
What have others done?

I'm wondering this as well, TBH I'm doing a practice pair of smalls and have finally finished the short rows (they are so obvious and ugly! - need some help me thinks) but I'm wondering how many cms I need to add now.
:smt100 :shrug: :Knitting:
Mama to A, J, & A

Return to “Yarns Crafts (knitting, crochet etc)”