CHUNKY wool- where to buy??

MamaLoops
TNN nerd

CHUNKY wool- where to buy??

Post by MamaLoops » Fri May 11, 2012 12:49 pm

Is it me or is it hard to buy a good quality chunky/super chunky wool in this country- esp ones in interesting, bold colours? I'm wanting to knit some basics- scarves for hubby, some ponchos etc for the girls- that kind of thing- and am firmly decided upon super quick, funky looking chunky wool. I haven't been near spotlight yet but I'm fairly certain if I make the effort to get to the nearest one they won't have a thing (or it will be UGGLAY :lol: ) We have some mini-wool supplying shops here but I'm struggling! More than happy to go online too- perhaps my googling isn't up to scratch today but have been :detective:

TIA :drama:

Falcon Stirling, Master of the Universe, smiles whilst napping. He is THAT amazing------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

rootoo
TNN guru

Re: CHUNKY wool- where to buy??

Post by rootoo » Fri May 11, 2012 12:53 pm

There's this which could be dyed? http://www.skeinz.com/shop/View+by+Yarn ... Cream.html

then it can be any colour you want it to be!
Rachel
Mama to Josh 6/10/08 and Ollie 25/5/11

http://www.facebook.com/featherbrushyarns

MamaLoops
TNN nerd

Re: CHUNKY wool- where to buy??

Post by MamaLoops » Fri May 11, 2012 1:05 pm

oooooh I'm not sure I'm ready for dyeing yet but I might just be putting off the inevitable :lol: Thanks rootoo- see I had a google FAIL moment I think as that seems to be a farily obvious site to have brought up...never mind- thank you!

Falcon Stirling, Master of the Universe, smiles whilst napping. He is THAT amazing------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Return to “Yarns Crafts (knitting, crochet etc)”