Yarn hogs

lizzie
TNN nerd

Yarn hogs

Post by lizzie » Fri May 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Does anyone else get pissed off with people who list HUGE stashes of top quality wool on TM - when some of us (i.e. me :roll: ) can't ever buy vintage purls because it obviously gets sold to the 'yarn hogs' within 1 minute of it being listed?

Seriously someone on Ravelry just listed almost 40 skeins of VP! I would dearly love to purchase the odd skein of VP but I never ever get onto their site on time, yet obviously some people are buying up enormous stashes that they clearly have no way of ever knitting up. I feel cheated :rant:

I feel like my 3 yo stamping my foot and yelling that "its not fair" :gaah:
Lizzie

Emma
TNN guru

Re: Yarn hogs

Post by Emma » Fri May 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Yeah! And to make it worse Featherbrush and Olive and Emma both list their yarns when I have other things on and can't use the computer - darn you both being so popular :smt044
Emma
Mum to 5 lovely children

Petals
TNN guru

Post by Petals » Fri May 18, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm wondering if that TM seller is just selling off the residual stock from Joy of Yarn? They used to stock Vintage Purls. And the seller is based in Carterton.
Kylie

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Fri May 18, 2012 8:20 pm

There are some seriously addicted people out there. I have seen some pretty huge stashes on Ravelry.

JOY when out of VP yarn a couple of years ago. I'd say that's just a garden variety addict.

lizzie
TNN nerd

Post by lizzie » Fri May 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Khai wrote: I'd say that's just a garden variety addict.
:rotfl:
Lizzie

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Fri May 18, 2012 8:38 pm

This is a lady I know, but there are many others - http://www.ravelry.com/people/cnrstone/stash

lizzie
TNN nerd

Post by lizzie » Fri May 18, 2012 8:45 pm

Khai wrote:This is a lady I know, but there are many others - http://www.ravelry.com/people/cnrstone/stash
OMG! Issues much? Like how many thousands of dollars would that lot cost? Its just not cricket! Meanwhile the rest of us can't get hold of a skein for love nor money :(
Lizzie

HCsMum
TNN nerd

Post by HCsMum » Fri May 18, 2012 9:02 pm

You know you can search peoples stashes for VP up for sale on Rav right?

ETA http://www.ravelry.com/stash/search#cou ... iew=thumbs
Emma

ImageImage

Listen to the MUSTN'TS, child, listen to the DON'TS, listen to the SHOULDN'TS, the IMPOSSIBLES, the WON'TS, listen to the NEVER HAVES then listen close to me - anything can happen, child, ANYTHING can be. - Shel Silverstein

shortly
TNN guru

Post by shortly » Fri May 18, 2012 9:16 pm

lizzie wrote:
Khai wrote:This is a lady I know, but there are many others - http://www.ravelry.com/people/cnrstone/stash
OMG! Issues much? Like how many thousands of dollars would that lot cost? Its just not cricket! Meanwhile the rest of us can't get hold of a skein for love nor money :(
Remind me to neither
a) invite you to my craft room
b) list my stash on Ravelry.

In my defence, I've been buying VP for at least 4 years now...
Sheryl

Mum to Shay (17) Alison (7) and Rebecca (6), obsessive knitter, full-time teacher, and *still* working on my Masters. Not long to go now!!

RachaelD
TNN nerd

Post by RachaelD » Fri May 18, 2012 9:21 pm

I had about a dozen skeins that I destashed last week, and I advertised on here.

Morag normally gives a time that the yarn will go up for sale, it is always a Friday now.
Rachael, Mum to Melissa 5/6/05 and Hannah 2/10/06... and now Archie the Miniature Schnauzer

Read about our USA trip here... 293 days and counting...

On Instagram here.

Handknits for Children, plus some accessories for the Mum's too.
More info on my Blog, Facebook page or PM for details.

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Fri May 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Am feeling practically angelic. :rotfl:

lizzie
TNN nerd

Post by lizzie » Fri May 18, 2012 9:34 pm

RachaelD wrote:
Morag normally gives a time that the yarn will go up for sale, it is always a Friday now.
Yes she does, and to be fair I don't always remember to check, but even when I do remember I still miss out. I'm not sure what time she listed today, but I was on VP at 6.50pm and it was all gone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not all seriously mad/angry/on the war path, just feeling like I always miss out when there are some who 'get lucky' all the time :lol:
Lizzie

annie
TNN nerd

Post by annie » Fri May 18, 2012 11:16 pm

i have 2 skeins of vintage purls sock yarn, one i bought and one was a gift.
i doubt i will ever knit them...or at least not in the next few years...
if i can find them they are yours...can't tell you what colours they are, can't remember.
anyway you can have them...a gift from me to you.
annie,

mama of the feral five

Tentacles
TNN guru

Post by Tentacles » Sat May 19, 2012 7:41 am

Does it matter if you dont get it straight from VP. I know I used to buy a lot, simply because I could log on when she listed but now I never can and ahvent bought for probably nearly 2 years now. There are always loads of people destashing VP so if you want some get it that way? I get a lot of my yarns through destash anyway. Feel fe to browse my VP in stash there are some there I could probably part with, PM me if interested.
Alison - Currently SAHM to DS (04/07) and DD (09/10).

http://kiwicraftychemist.blogspot.com

Claude30
TNN guru

Post by Claude30 » Sat May 19, 2012 9:10 am

Just out of curiosity the person who has listed all the VP on TM at the moment is this a person destashing or is it VP or a someone who used to stock it. They are from Wairapa I think - but they have a lot and really yummy colours too.

And I agree I am never quick enough to get any yummy yarns off out Tnn ladies, I normally remember a day too late.
OMG did anyone notice though that she has 8 hundred and something in stash but only 5 in the knited used tab. I thought that was a bit weird.
Kiley - SAHM to - Caycee (8/03), Stefanie (6/05), Brody (12/06), Keegan (5/10) and
Image Image

Return to “Yarns Crafts (knitting, crochet etc)”