Yarn hogs

shortly
TNN guru

Re: Yarn hogs

Post by shortly » Sat May 19, 2012 9:23 am

Claude30 wrote:Just out of curiosity the person who has listed all the VP on TM at the moment is this a person destashing or is it VP or a someone who used to stock it. They are from Wairapa I think - but they have a lot and really yummy colours too.
She's an average knitter I think. I followed a link off Rav to her sale :)

Oh, and LIzzie, I totally knew you were mostly tongue in cheek :D (as was I - you're welcome to come pet my stash as long as I can pat you down before you leave!)
Sheryl

Mum to Shay (17) Alison (7) and Rebecca (6), obsessive knitter, full-time teacher, and *still* working on my Masters. Not long to go now!!

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Sat May 19, 2012 10:45 am

:smt044 :rotfl: :smt005

Just what I needed to brighten up my day. I had to disconnect from the ample stash for fear of using our entire month of broadband allowance :rotfl:

My puny little stash is nothing :wink: I still don't know how people find the time to load their stash onto Ravelry or maybe they have less yarn than me.
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

RachaelD
TNN nerd

Post by RachaelD » Sat May 19, 2012 10:49 am

Kaz wrote:I still don't know how people find the time to load their stash onto Ravelry or maybe they have less yarn than me.
I do mine when I get the yarn, helps that I like taking photos though.
Rachael, Mum to Melissa 5/6/05 and Hannah 2/10/06... and now Archie the Miniature Schnauzer

Read about our USA trip here... 293 days and counting...

On Instagram here.

Handknits for Children, plus some accessories for the Mum's too.
More info on my Blog, Facebook page or PM for details.

redhead
TNN oracle

Post by redhead » Sat May 19, 2012 10:52 am

RachaelD wrote:
Kaz wrote:I still don't know how people find the time to load their stash onto Ravelry or maybe they have less yarn than me.
now that ive caught up im loading mine up as i recive it :)

i dont like looking at the huge stashes but thats just because im jelous :wink: :wink: but imagine the storage issues they would have! i mean where do you store 800 skeins of yarn?! :twitch: :twitch:
Mama to Ashton 7 and Flynn 4 and Madeline 1

Plingie
TNN guru

Post by Plingie » Sat May 19, 2012 10:58 am

redhead wrote:
RachaelD wrote:

i dont like looking at the huge stashes but thats just because im jelous :wink: :wink: but imagine the storage issues they would have! i mean where do you store 800 skeins of yarn?! :twitch: :twitch:
She has a dedicated room - pics under projects

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Sat May 19, 2012 3:40 pm

I keep getting behind on my stash listing, but I think I have 85% of mine on Rav, mostly so I can remember what I have. I destash often to keep to approx 100 lots.

Petals
TNN guru

Post by Petals » Sat May 19, 2012 3:43 pm

Plingie wrote:She has a dedicated room - pics under projects
I have a dedicated room too, it's called The Girl Shed 8-[
Kylie

Nutbar
TNN nerd

Post by Nutbar » Sat May 19, 2012 4:25 pm

I never list any of mine - I hate taking pictures :lol:

mamacas
TNN nerd

Post by mamacas » Sat May 19, 2012 5:40 pm

redhead wrote:
RachaelD wrote:

you havnt listed the ones i gave you yet :hide:

i dont think that i have even a quarter on my stash on rav, i hate taking pics, so normaly only list them if i can steal someone elses pic 8-[

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Sat May 19, 2012 5:42 pm

funny to read this thread ... today i did have a look on tm to see if it was worth listing wool there (decided better to list here at less and not have fees and hassle) and saw cnrstone had purchased all that vp ... wow ... not sure I want to look at her stash but yeah must have a nice budget for wool ... mind you pre children I managed to spend way more than I should have and my storage is currently in attic ... but really needs to be cleared to be used for our business stuff - hence my wee sell offs!!

mama anne
TNN nerd

Post by mama anne » Sat May 19, 2012 5:51 pm

I don't have any of my stash on there!!!

I have to say, I do get a bit annoyed/sad at some of the Facebook yarny buyers. Not their fault, their budget is their budget and mine is mine but when you see the same people buying lots and snagging the one you were after, I do get a bit :gaah:

But most of the time I'm probably then relieved after as it's not like (to me, with not a massive stash) I need more wool. I just need more time to knit what I already have!
Working Mama of miss7yo and mr5yo.

rootoo
TNN guru

Post by rootoo » Sat May 19, 2012 6:16 pm

My stash is quite teeny now and all listed on Rav, as long as I take pics and list yarn as soon as it arrives then i find it really useful to have it all on there :)

New house has a 4th bedroom, if i get my way it will NOT have a spare bed for DP's parents... it will have sewing and knitting and dyeing related stuff... a whole room 8-[ that might be the thing I'm most excited about when we move :lol:
Rachel
Mama to Josh 6/10/08 and Ollie 25/5/11

http://www.facebook.com/featherbrushyarns

RachaelD
TNN nerd

Post by RachaelD » Sat May 19, 2012 6:17 pm

mama anne wrote:I don't have any of my stash on there!!!

I have to say, I do get a bit annoyed/sad at some of the Facebook yarny buyers. Not their fault, their budget is their budget and mine is mine but when you see the same people buying lots and snagging the one you were after, I do get a bit :gaah:

But most of the time I'm probably then relieved after as it's not like (to me, with not a massive stash) I need more wool. I just need more time to knit what I already have!
I used to get annoyed when I miss out on RRHY and the like, but then realised that you can normally just place a custom order for the same price anyway :wink:
Rachael, Mum to Melissa 5/6/05 and Hannah 2/10/06... and now Archie the Miniature Schnauzer

Read about our USA trip here... 293 days and counting...

On Instagram here.

Handknits for Children, plus some accessories for the Mum's too.
More info on my Blog, Facebook page or PM for details.

Neak1
TNN guru

Post by Neak1 » Sat May 19, 2012 7:03 pm

When I came across VP many years ago she had stock sitting there not moving :lol: I had the pick of about 5 colours with many in stock :lol: along come rav and she is sold out all the time.I note some of those yarns are sock club yarn she is selling too ;) Morag does customs but I think you have to buy 3 skeins.
Monique

Seth 8
Nina 4

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Sat May 19, 2012 7:24 pm

so i did weaken and look at cnrstones stash ... impressive ... but a lot of yarns she only has one skein of so not sure what she is planning to knt with all that lot???

Return to “Yarns Crafts (knitting, crochet etc)”