Anyone joining the Tour De Fleece? (or Ravelympics?)

nova
TNN oracle

Anyone joining the Tour De Fleece? (or Ravelympics?)

Post by nova » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Anyone joining the Tour De Fleece? :D

I've just joined Team Aotearoa, which Sable is the Team Captain for :smt041 I'm also in the Rookies and Stashbusters too lol..

There are heaps of people in the Rookies ranks who have only just started spinning (on a wheel or spindle) or who are only just learning for the Tour!! So it should be a great chance to learn some new skills from all the fantastic spinners there :alright:

The tour is on 10th - 17th July, and I'm hoping that I'll have something useable at the end of it to use for the Ravelympics!! \:D/

Come and join Team Aotearoa NZ for that too! No pressure, just fun! 27 July - 12 August :D J-J, her sister, and I are the captains, I'm in charge of the OCD dept. ;) ) There are events for knitters, crocheters, weavers, dyers & spinners!! And it's all about challenging yourself, not out-doing others :vibes:

It's a good time for yarn crafts :dancin: :knit:
:star:

Joanne
TNN nerd

Re: Anyone joining the Tour De Fleece? (or Ravelympics?)

Post by Joanne » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:04 am

Yes I'm in. :)
Have great plans on spinning a great quantity ... but as usual, my main goal is to actually complete the Tour! I cannot even blame 'gear failure' ... more like 2-legged interferrence and timing issues ;) LOL
Wife to M, Mum to DS 2/02, DD1 3/05, and DD2 1/07

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:27 pm

Funnily enough I'm in :rotfl: . I'm planning on making my way through a big bag of washed and carded fleece; just have to decide which particular bag I'm going to do. I will also put some dyed fibre on the wheel too. Hoping to have enough spun in 3-ply Aran weight to knit a particular cabled jersey in Ravelympics afterwards. Carpet is almost down so once I've got the furniture back in the right rooms I'll be able to plan a bit more and create a pile.
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Neak1
TNN guru

Post by Neak1 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:49 pm

OH Nova you are evil :lol: I have been debating whether to to the TDF or my spinning for the ravelympics :lol: not sure I can hold off that long the silk/merino is calling my name :lol:
Monique

Seth 8
Nina 4

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:12 pm

:devil: Lol I ignored it for as long as I could Monique, but I really enjoy spinning, and it always ends up at the bottom of my to-do list (i.e. the NEVER pile) so this is an excellent excuse! And since it's just a 'do what you can' kinda thing, it's not too much pressure :D

:dancin:
:star:

Joanne
TNN nerd

Post by Joanne » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:38 am

It is a really good way of getting a little spinning done each day. Almost habit forming ;)
Wife to M, Mum to DS 2/02, DD1 3/05, and DD2 1/07

Return to “Yarns Crafts (knitting, crochet etc)”