pinwheel baby blanket

Tinkerbell
TNN guru

pinwheel baby blanket

Post by Tinkerbell » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:58 am

Is it easy? does it wind up a good size? and would you recommend it? if so which particular pattern LOL thanks :D
Pipi
Sahm

Petals
TNN guru

Re: pinwheel baby blanket

Post by Petals » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:20 am

I suggest Kelly Brooker's pattern. It starts from the outside and works inward so each round gets smaller and you can see how much further to go. Casting on 500-plus stitches is a bit daunting, but from there it just gets easier and easier and quicker and quicker.
Kylie

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:22 am

Super easy. Here's my one, it is a good size http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Khai/ro ... by-blanket you can make it as big as you want, just keep knitting.

I didn't enjoy the reverse pinwheel as much as you have two decreases for every YO, whereas the regular one is just knit.... YO, knit... YO..

Petals
TNN guru

Post by Petals » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:35 am

Yeah each to his/her own I guess! Casting off 8000ish stitches doesn't excite me. But I will conceded that I was half way through my reverse pinwheel before deciding that I would've liked to make it bigger, and it was too late by then, so you have more flexibility with the other one.
Kylie

Foxtrot
TNN nerd

Post by Foxtrot » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Khai wrote:Super easy. Here's my one, it is a good size http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Khai/ro ... by-blanket you can make it as big as you want, just keep knitting.
Hehe I asked on the Skeinz website about what yarn to use for a project a while ago and she sent me your picture (4th one down) of this very blanket to show how well the colours went together. I love it!
Bernadine
Image Image Image
Angel baby Feb 2010

“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” Roald Dahl

Tinkerbell
TNN guru

Post by Tinkerbell » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:44 pm

was it an expensive knit with the colour changes?
Pipi
Sahm

Return to “Yarns Crafts (knitting, crochet etc)”