knitted socks question

mumtotwo
TNN oracle

knitted socks question

Post by mumtotwo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:54 pm

not at sock knitting level yet ......but I bought some hand knitted plain socks to try , I have some 4 ply that didn't dye up the way I wanted it too . The lady would knit socks for me if I provided wool . Soooo , anyone have any experience as to how 100% merino would wear ? I am planning on getting some sock wool anyway but wondered if I could use the stuff I dyed ?
Anyone here want to knit me some socks ? would rather give money or pay with wool to someone I 'know' .....
Mum to my two gorgeous and sometimes headache inducing children
Mara 21/02/96
Ashley 27/03/06

Image Image

Chooky
TNN guru

Re: knitted socks question

Post by Chooky » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:52 pm

I think it would go to holes after a short amount of wear so probably best to use sock yarn. I would offer to knit socks for you but I need to get my hand sorted first... (seeing a physio next week!)

Wicked Knits
Yarn Pirate

Post by Wicked Knits » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:11 pm

I still owe you. :hide: No, haven't forgotten, just the world got on top of me, and I went and hid from life for a while. :hide:

I have these two if you are interested in either - http://www.ravelry.com/people/Khari/sta ... -sock-yarn http://www.ravelry.com/people/Khari/sta ... s-of-fancy Both sock yarns.

Also have a 100g ball of black patonyle sock yarn somewhere.
Alia
Alexander - 3, and Sebastian - 6.
My Ravelry Account :Knitting:

nickers
TNN nerd

Post by nickers » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:40 pm

sorry OT but just wanted to say Hi to Alia, really nice to see you here, we have missed you. Hope everything is looking brighter for you now :grouphug:

Neak1
TNN guru

Post by Neak1 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:53 pm

If the yarn has a high twist to it, it may last some time I know one NZ brand of sock yarn doesn't have nylon in it :) but its a high twist yarn.
I would offer but am extremely busy doing sewing for all the locals up here :lol:
Monique

Seth 8
Nina 4

Return to “Yarns Crafts (knitting, crochet etc)”