what to use inside little bean bags

Siew-Siew
TNN nutter

what to use inside little bean bags

Post by Siew-Siew » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:56 am

Dd2 loves "bean bag bop" etc. Thinking of making a few for home play. (She currently tries with her soft toys on her head :lol: )
I'm not a great sew-er at all. Might even stoop to using socks or glue and felt though wonder about robustness of glue option. Thoughts?
Anyway, wondering what you have found good inner option. Websites suggest everything from sand, pebbles, beans ( :smt044 ), rice. . I'm liking rice or wheat (next question is where to get wheat)

The poly beads.. Don't really want to volume they are sold in and maybe too light for the purpose?

Advice .. tia :D

sable
Spinning Goddess

Re: what to use inside little bean bags

Post by sable » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:18 am

I'd use wheat, you can get it from Bin Inn from memory
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:26 am

I've only ever used rice as I've had it in the cupboard already. I also make an plain internal bag with a pretty outside just to be extra sure it won't burst on the carpet.

You could use a taped up plastic bag of rice inside a felt outer. I know you are more than capable of doing that :wink:
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

AmberLeah
TNN nerd

Post by AmberLeah » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:27 pm

I make mine with the poly beads they work perfectly, happy to whip you up a few if you want?

Facebook: "Angel Inspired"

Siew-Siew
TNN nutter

Post by Siew-Siew » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:43 pm

AmberLeah wrote:I make mine with the poly beads they work perfectly, happy to whip you up a few if you want?
thank you :) i will try kaz's option first- cheeky woman :wink: [that even i can manage that!] else you might just get a pm :oops:

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Siew-Siew wrote:
AmberLeah wrote:I make mine with the poly beads they work perfectly, happy to whip you up a few if you want?
thank you :) i will try kaz's option first- cheeky woman :wink: [that even i can manage that!] else you might just get a pm :oops:

:smt044 :rotfl: :smt005 :whip: your blanket stitch is much better than glue any day :D
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

enjay
TNN nerd

Post by enjay » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:52 pm

I used rice. It wasn't that flash but I put it inside the smallest ziploc bags inside the sewed cover.
Natalie, mum to 7yo DS and 4yo DD

http://www.gentlydoesit.co.nz
Caring for you and your baby

Return to “Tips, Tricks and How-to”