Knitting needle holder

dodgums
TNN guru

Knitting needle holder

Post by dodgums » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:00 pm

I found one from on here ages ago that had 2 "levels" was cut on a diaginal and was really good. But I cant find the patern. Anyone know of it or a good one? My sister needs some encouragement and I also owe her a birthday gift so thought I would get on with the patchwork beaded knitting bag and add in a knitting needle holder with all the needles for her.

Looking fw to hearing from someone that may know of this pattern
Mum to G 21yrs, B 20yr, B 14yrs, G 12yrs, G 9yrs, B 7yrs, B 5yrs and wife to a great dh

miggs
TNN nerd

Post by miggs » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:25 pm

Is this the one you wont sue??
http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=1153

I know there is the same design but in a better tutorial ill try and find it :wink:
Margaret Mum to-
Joshua 7
Zoe 5
Elizabeth 2

sb
TNN nerd

Post by sb » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:30 pm

Shyrel - Mum to James November 06

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:09 pm

http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=1153

This one might be it. I seen it by someone made on here. Does not look like there is enough room for all the sizes of needles and circulars though. I may need to make 2. One for each. Maybe my ones will go on hold LOL
Mum to G 21yrs, B 20yr, B 14yrs, G 12yrs, G 9yrs, B 7yrs, B 5yrs and wife to a great dh

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:14 pm

I made one for Mum with a diagonal - just made it up as I went along. (wanted not so deep pockets for some of them hence the diagonal)

Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

miggs
TNN nerd

Post by miggs » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:14 pm

dodgums wrote:http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=1153

This one might be it. I seen it by someone made on here. Does not look like there is enough room for all the sizes of needles and circulars though. I may need to make 2. One for each. Maybe my ones will go on hold LOL

Just add an extra tier , I make mine with three and i manage to get 16 pockets up the top for flats then smaller ones for double pointed needles and one 1/2 tiers are dedicated to circulars, Just wish i had more time to make me another as i dont use flats now :D
Margaret Mum to-
Joshua 7
Zoe 5
Elizabeth 2

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:24 pm

http://www.jenminnis.com/artblog/?p=152

Found this onefor circulars. Will have to have a think

I like this one too http://alexandrasknits.blogspot.com/200 ... -case.html

Like all the pockets. Not the fabrics though. Will think on it. will cut out her bad tonight and see how much fabric I have left. Have only gor lots of flat squares but I should be fine if I am careful

miggs
TNN nerd

Post by miggs » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:32 pm

If your going to run out of fabric, you can use a little of your feature fabric that will be seen and then join some lining fabric to it as it will be hidden especially the top tier such a waste of nice fabric to be hiding under two pockets :lol:
Margaret Mum to-
Joshua 7
Zoe 5
Elizabeth 2

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:42 pm

joshuasmum wrote:If your going to run out of fabric, you can use a little of your feature fabric that will be seen and then join some lining fabric to it as it will be hidden especially the top tier such a waste of nice fabric to be hiding under two pockets :lol:

mmmm good idea.
thanks heaps for this ladies. Thanks also for your photo Leanne good to see different ideas

Glenfelik
TNN nutter

Re: Knitting needle holder

Post by Glenfelik » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:08 am

An old thread bumped - yes I know.

BUT does anyone know of anywhere that I can buy a knitting needle roll holder?

As my Nana is getting into knitting dishcloths etc and I mentioned about the roll i had and she wants one too - but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Help as I want to buy it for her and give it to her :)
DD Olivia June 2006
DS Luke July 2008

white-rose
TNN guru

Post by white-rose » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 am

do you mean for flats? I think someone on here used to make them, but I cant remember who - I had one given in a swap but I cant remember who that was from either - useful arent I?!!
Louise - CBE and SAHM to 6 children; 14, 11, 9, 8, 6, and 4.
Angel mummy to MissK 12 and 2 little ^i^

*If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together. There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. By Winnie the Pooh*

Owner and creator of Kanzu - Clothing with a difference https://www.facebook.com/kanzudesign

HCsMum
TNN nerd

Post by HCsMum » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:34 pm

knitworld have them!
Emma

ImageImage

Listen to the MUSTN'TS, child, listen to the DON'TS, listen to the SHOULDN'TS, the IMPOSSIBLES, the WON'TS, listen to the NEVER HAVES then listen close to me - anything can happen, child, ANYTHING can be. - Shel Silverstein

Return to “Patterns and Links”