I used snaps to make too-big pants smaller :)

User avatar
jeshiko
TNN guru
Posts: 8425
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:45 am
Location: North Shore
Contact:

Post by jeshiko » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:37 am

oooh - i want to do this to a pair of jeans Finn just got but I don't have any snaps - is it possible to just buy a fews snaps at a time?
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...
Image

User avatar
Kimber
TNN nerd
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:06 pm
Location: Te Aroha
Contact:

Post by Kimber » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:43 am

Do you have a snap press? If so, you could ask on the trading post if another member would sell/trade you a few snaps. If you don't have a snap press you can get sew on ones, the wee see thru ones that you sew on might work, depending on the weight of the fabric :)
[img]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8039/batg2.gif[/img] Kimber
[img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/475786.png[/img] [img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/538947.png[/img]

User avatar
jeshiko
TNN guru
Posts: 8425
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:45 am
Location: North Shore
Contact:

Post by jeshiko » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:48 am

Kimber wrote:Do you have a snap press? If so, you could ask on the trading post if another member would sell/trade you a few snaps. If you don't have a snap press you can get sew on ones, the wee see thru ones that you sew on might work, depending on the weight of the fabric :)


don't have a snap press either but thought I could use a snap service - thanks I will see if I can buy some snaps from someone!
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...
Image

User avatar
Casper
TNN nerd
Posts: 3846
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:39 am
Location: Takanini
Contact:

Post by Casper » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:56 am

If you're ever down South Auckland you're more than welcome to use mine, I have heaps of snaps too :D
Nicole

User avatar
jeshiko
TNN guru
Posts: 8425
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:45 am
Location: North Shore
Contact:

Post by jeshiko » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:09 am

Casper wrote:If you're ever down South Auckland you're more than welcome to use mine, I have heaps of snaps too :D


thanks for that offer! probably won't get out that way till he fits the jeans! Hey maybe I should invite a 'snapper' to my nappy open day.....

http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB ... hp?t=17825
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...
Image

User avatar
blossom
TNN guru
Posts: 6754
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:39 am
Location: Darwin, NT, Australia

Post by blossom » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:29 am

jeshiko wrote:
Kimber wrote:Do you have a snap press? If so, you could ask on the trading post if another member would sell/trade you a few snaps. If you don't have a snap press you can get sew on ones, the wee see thru ones that you sew on might work, depending on the weight of the fabric :)


don't have a snap press either but thought I could use a snap service - thanks I will see if I can buy some snaps from someone!


If you're going to use a snap service they may also have snaps you can use too, instead of having to buy your own snaps to send :wink:
Janine
Mum to L (30/10/02) & Z (01/01/06)
-----------------------------------------

User avatar
jeshiko
TNN guru
Posts: 8425
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:45 am
Location: North Shore
Contact:

Post by jeshiko » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:35 am

blossom wrote:
jeshiko wrote:
Kimber wrote:Do you have a snap press? If so, you could ask on the trading post if another member would sell/trade you a few snaps. If you don't have a snap press you can get sew on ones, the wee see thru ones that you sew on might work, depending on the weight of the fabric :)


don't have a snap press either but thought I could use a snap service - thanks I will see if I can buy some snaps from someone!


If you're going to use a snap service they may also have snaps you can use too, instead of having to buy your own snaps to send :wink:


oooh that would be good - will hassle Sarah at Pikobaby and see if she can help me!
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Snaps and presses”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests