I used snaps to make too-big pants smaller :)

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:37 am

oooh - i want to do this to a pair of jeans Finn just got but I don't have any snaps - is it possible to just buy a fews snaps at a time?
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...

Kimber
TNN nerd

Post by Kimber » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:43 am

Do you have a snap press? If so, you could ask on the trading post if another member would sell/trade you a few snaps. If you don't have a snap press you can get sew on ones, the wee see thru ones that you sew on might work, depending on the weight of the fabric :)
[img]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8039/batg2.gif[/img] Kimber
[img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/475786.png[/img] [img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/538947.png[/img]

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:48 am

Kimber wrote:Do you have a snap press? If so, you could ask on the trading post if another member would sell/trade you a few snaps. If you don't have a snap press you can get sew on ones, the wee see thru ones that you sew on might work, depending on the weight of the fabric :)

don't have a snap press either but thought I could use a snap service - thanks I will see if I can buy some snaps from someone!

Casper
TNN nerd

Post by Casper » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:56 am

If you're ever down South Auckland you're more than welcome to use mine, I have heaps of snaps too :D
Nicole

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:09 am

Casper wrote:If you're ever down South Auckland you're more than welcome to use mine, I have heaps of snaps too :D

thanks for that offer! probably won't get out that way till he fits the jeans! Hey maybe I should invite a 'snapper' to my nappy open day.....

http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB ... hp?t=17825

blossom
TNN guru

Post by blossom » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:29 am

jeshiko wrote:
Kimber wrote:Do you have a snap press? If so, you could ask on the trading post if another member would sell/trade you a few snaps. If you don't have a snap press you can get sew on ones, the wee see thru ones that you sew on might work, depending on the weight of the fabric :)

don't have a snap press either but thought I could use a snap service - thanks I will see if I can buy some snaps from someone!

If you're going to use a snap service they may also have snaps you can use too, instead of having to buy your own snaps to send :wink:
Janine
Mum to L (30/10/02) & Z (01/01/06)
-----------------------------------------

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:35 am

blossom wrote:
jeshiko wrote:

If you're going to use a snap service they may also have snaps you can use too, instead of having to buy your own snaps to send :wink:

oooh that would be good - will hassle Sarah at Pikobaby and see if she can help me!

Return to “Snaps and presses”