Snap Press sets from China

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:04 am

I've just given in and emailed Serena, the Family Assistance payment came through today for last year, so I feel justified in spending!
I'm thinking no more buttons on little boys clothes!
Yippee! \:D/
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:14 pm

Rachelle...you'll be so excited when it gets here :lol:. Sharon

nznats
TNN guru

Post by nznats » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:22 pm

I have just emailed to find out exactly how much it is going to cost me, the only problem is I dont have funded paypal, just CC.. How much in total is it going to cost you Rachelle?
Natalie! Mama to Amalia (04/04) Aston (03/07) Davien (06/08) and Kalina (05/10) Beans (05/19)

~It will all be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end ~

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:30 pm

Cost $99 US. No extra credit card fees (I only have CC paypal too), no worries about insurance, if the package goes missing she will replace herself rather than trying to get through Chinese beaurocracy!
Rachelle

rosebug
TNN guru

Post by rosebug » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:11 pm

WOW... I think I might have to think seriously about getting one too!!! Thats an amazing price!! Wonder if hubby will notice that on the credit card bill? :twisted:
Marie
SAHMama to 4 gorgeous little ones!
DD#1 is 7! DD#2 is 5! DS & DD#3 are 2!

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:17 pm

I highly recommending extra snaps - you will use them up quickly (especially sockets).

The extra credit card fees are hidden in the PayPal conversion rate.

:)
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:30 pm

The thing with paypal is you usually get requested to "voluntarily" cover the vendor's paypal fees too! Serena didn't ask for that which is really good. I didn't get extra snaps at the moment, can't justify the expense, especially as I'm not getting a lot of time for sewing at the moment.
I need to work 24hours per week to pay off credit card, then need to replace all the whitewear. Then there's a whole long list of things to save for, including extra payments on the mortgage and a new PC. It's neverending!
Rachelle

nznats
TNN guru

Post by nznats » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:58 pm

Its an awesome price :) I just have too put the money on my CC and ill pp her the money, its way cheaper than I thought it would be and I am getting the extra snaps. I am really excited and it makes up for yesterdays dissapointment.
Natalie! Mama to Amalia (04/04) Aston (03/07) Davien (06/08) and Kalina (05/10) Beans (05/19)

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:08 pm

Just to jump in - the other really good thing is this is the same type of press as Greenbeans sells so if you suddenly "need" some snaps in a different colour Sarah came have them out to you quick smart!!! (yes... I am speaking from experience!) :lol:

Serena also added free extra snaps and labels for me :smt023 ----would be prefect if not for the 2 month wait...

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:14 pm

Yes, yes and yes.

Socket wise, Serena sells them for $13 US for 500 (about $20 NZ). Her snap delivery is very fast - each time I've ordered they've arrived within a week and half (and that's to Dunedin, so imagine it takes a day or to longer than if you lived in Auckland?). And, you can order labels at the same time (and pay no extra for the delivery since the snap price includes delivery).
Leanne
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

AbbeHG
TNN nerd

Post by AbbeHG » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:57 pm

Leanne, regarding the sets - how does the choosing colours work? ie if you order a set of 500 sockets do they have to be the same colour. How many have you ever ordered in one package to stay within the weight?
Abbe
Abbe
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:40 pm

Serena sells them in sets of 100 and in some cases sets of 50 (depending on the colour - for example, the size 14 snaps she sent were in packets of 50).

To my knowledge, a 500 socket set has to be of the same colour (you could always ask if you can have a mix). Trust me - you'll use them up before you know it. I have bought the socket 500 piece in white, black and red (special order for the red). White will need restocking in the next couple of months.

Postage is included in the cost of the snaps whether a set of 100 snaps or thousands of snaps. Usually I order about $50US of snaps at a time. Let's just say postage is her problem, not mine!
Leanne

AbbeHG
TNN nerd

Post by AbbeHG » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:51 pm

Thanks for clarifying that Leanne. I guess I was recalling when you first got your press and she could only add a few extra things to stay within that weight range.
Abbe
Abbe
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

nznats
TNN guru

Post by nznats » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:44 pm

Well I finally got around to ordering my press and snaps. I ordered an extra 6 sets of plain snaps and I order 4 lots of engraved snaps also, came to a total of $145USD :oops: which isnt too bad. Shame about the wait but it should be here for xmas or new years and by then hopefully my sewing skills are way better by then :)

Darny
TNN guru

Post by Darny » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:29 pm

OH, engraved snaps!???

What?, where? how much do they cost?... I want some!!!!!

I thought you could only get them for the metal domes...
Shar
http://www.darncat.com Clothing Patterns for Kids (and some for Mum and Dad)
http://www.facebook.com/DaRNCaT.Patterns http://darncatpatterns.blogspot.com/
http://www.nznappies.co.nz OSFM adjustable rise nappy patterns

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness' :penguin:

Return to “Snaps and presses”