Page 4 of 4

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:26 am
by cat
What is a die set??

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:20 am
by Dunners
A die set makes up the pieces that hold the snap pieces in the press. It consists of a stud snap holder, socket snap holder (KAM brands screw-in at the top) and a cap holder which pops in at the base.

The die sets come in different sizes - 20, 16 & 14 (although my 16 & 14 share a cap holder).

If you are making a snap press out of something like an old bottle press, you'll need to buy a die set to hold the snaps in the press.

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:05 pm
by KS_wrapper
Just wondering if ground shipping would even be available any more? I know the US postal service has abolished it completely. :evil: If it's not, it may be more economical to get it the press GB (haven't gone thru and done the math though).