Pattern for Bandana Bib

AngelaParker
TNN newbie

Pattern for Bandana Bib

Post by AngelaParker » Wed May 12, 2010 7:16 pm

As Little Miss 5 month old slept today, I whipped up a bandana bib. I was pleased to actually finish something, but it doesn't sit properly under the chin. Suggestions please/where can I buy a pattern. Thanks in advance.

bubbagirl
TNN nerd

Re: Pattern for Bandana Bib

Post by bubbagirl » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure whether there is a pattern you can buy, but the ones I make have a slight dip at the top (ie. the edge that goes by the neck) and I've seen others that have some elastic at that edge

:)

Middy
TNN guru

Post by Middy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Yeah, I do a dip under the chin, and also make mine much deeper than any I've ever purchased - 19cm from chin to bottom point. That makes it sit nicely, and actually catches the huge amount of dribble my wee guy emits. Most bandana bibs don't!
Sophie: April 20, 2007 and Caleb: September 12, 2008 and...
http://db-bellzone.blogspot.com/

Bobby1971

Post by Bobby1971 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Oh I wish I read your posts before I made my bandana bib, oh well trail and error. Mine has a dip at the base of the neck and sits nicely but I'm wishing I made it longer, so I will have to take up your suggestion. I just love the Bandana bibs and they are so cute, I'll never buy one again now that I can make them :D

LuluNZ
TNN guru

Post by LuluNZ » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:42 pm

Bobby1971 wrote:Oh I wish I read your posts before I made my bandana bib, oh well trail and error. Mine has a dip at the base of the neck and sits nicely but I'm wishing I made it longer, so I will have to take up your suggestion. I just love the Bandana bibs and they are so cute, I'll never buy one again now that I can make them :D
You don't need them to be long. A lot that I have made have not been very long at all. Its mainly to catch the dribble under the chin. When I first made them, K was getting a bad rash under his chin. After wearing the bibs for a day it had gone and his clothes remained dry.

There are lots of things you'll never buy again now :wink: .
Mummy to DD (19) and DS(5)

anotherhopeful
TNN nerd

Post by anotherhopeful » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:24 pm

LuluNZ wrote:
Bobby1971 wrote:Oh I wish I read your posts before I made my bandana bib, oh well trail and error. Mine has a dip at the base of the neck and sits nicely but I'm wishing I made it longer, so I will have to take up your suggestion. I just love the Bandana bibs and they are so cute, I'll never buy one again now that I can make them :D
You don't need them to be long. A lot that I have made have not been very long at all. Its mainly to catch the dribble under the chin. When I first made them, K was getting a bad rash under his chin. After wearing the bibs for a day it had gone and his clothes remained dry.

There are lots of things you'll never buy again now :wink: .
i agree. i made mine really big esp when ds was still spitting up but when it was just dribble mine were very small, almost like an oversized collar lol... but they did what they were made to do - stop dribble wetting clothes! and didnt cover his nice clothes when we went out!
Mum to Zak (April 09), Lockie (Jan 11) and Sadie (May 14)

Return to “Snaps and presses”