Snap press Tauranga

Anthea
TNN nerd

Snap press Tauranga

Post by Anthea » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:58 pm

hi

does anyone in TGA have a press i could borrow...or anyone that could even do the snaps for me? im too scared if mucking up :P

thinking about making more nappies, but want to do snaps this time, makes sense to find a pess first!

thanks,
Anthea

emmapea
TNN guru

Re: Snap press Tauranga

Post by emmapea » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Hiya whereabouts in Tauranga are you? You are more than welcome to come to my house and I can help you with the snaps. We are in Brookfield. There are a few other TNNers around different parts of Tauranga too :D
Emma - Mum to Oliver (May 2007), Lachlan (December 2009) and Annabel (January 2014)

Anthea
TNN nerd

Post by Anthea » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:42 pm

im in Ohaiti, so im close - will take be a few weeks to get materials etc, and to make them, can i PM you in a few weeks?

making minky pockets, with hidden PUL, so is it best to just finnish, then snap, or snap then stitch?

AmberLeah
TNN nerd

Post by AmberLeah » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:44 pm

I usually snap the tummy panel then stitch the nappy up then snap the wings :wink:
You're also welcome to come and use my snap press (or I'll snap for you), I'm in Pyes Pa just behind Grace hospital :D

Facebook: "Angel Inspired"

Mr. Greenbeans
TNN addict

Post by Mr. Greenbeans » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:31 am

Hi Anthea (or anyone else who reads this),

At Greenbeans we have a DK-95 Automatic Snap press set up and will continue to have it set up for our own needs.

We have discussed allowing people who want to come in and hire it on a very low $$$ per hour basis during our operating hours to be able to and is only a matter of time before we narrow down how this would work. So feel free to email me if you are interested. Would be great for someone who has a lot of snapping to do in one hit even if they have a hand press.

We have also supplied DK-95 press machines to WAHM's who have been open to work with people with a bit to snap in:
Auckland
Nelson
Christchurch
Hamish
- Director of Greenbeans NZ LTD
- WAHD (work at home DAD)
- Significant other to "thebean" (Sarah)

hamish@greenbeans.co.nz
027 2799745

[color=indigo][size=134][b] www.greenbeans.co.nz[/b][/size]
Your nappy sewing store
and so much more [/color]

Claude30
TNN guru

Post by Claude30 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:40 am

Hi Anthea

I may know of a snap press and dies going up for sale sometime soon if you want one yourself. I will check if you are interested. But I would definatly look at getting help for your first go, its so much easier than doing it yourself. Also if you are getting your materials from Greenbeans, you could ask Sarah for help, she makes all sorts of nappies and her minky ones are lovely.

Hamish - I would be interested in knowing more once you have $$$ sorted. (i loathe snapping :smt044 )
Kiley - SAHM to - Caycee (8/03), Stefanie (6/05), Brody (12/06), Keegan (5/10) and
Image Image

Mr. Greenbeans
TNN addict

Post by Mr. Greenbeans » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:05 am

Claude30 wrote:Hi Anthea

I may know of a snap press and dies going up for sale sometime soon if you want one yourself. I will check if you are interested. But I would definatly look at getting help for your first go, its so much easier than doing it yourself. Also if you are getting your materials from Greenbeans, you could ask Sarah for help, she makes all sorts of nappies and her minky ones are lovely.

Hamish - I would be interested in knowing more once you have $$$ sorted. (i loathe snapping :smt044 )
For us it is more getting something to cover the costs. If you are wanting to use it now, I would say maybe would try it for say $2 per hour, that price will only go up in time from that depending in how much time is consumed in people inquiring about it vrs use it and how many people book and then cancel/change their booked hour. Again the biggest cost to us in doing this, is the cost in admin in bookings and saying hi to everyone when they show up. Other than that, the press is sitting there, and while we will use it for our own needs from time to time, it isn't utilized most days at all.
Hamish

hamish@greenbeans.co.nz
027 2799745

Your nappy sewing store

Claude30
TNN guru

Post by Claude30 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Mr. Greenbeans wrote:

For us it is more getting something to cover the costs. If you are wanting to use it now, I would say maybe would try it for say $2 per hour, that price will only go up in time from that depending in how much time is consumed in people inquiring about it vrs use it and how many people book and then cancel/change their booked hour. Again the biggest cost to us in doing this, is the cost in admin in bookings and saying hi to everyone when they show up. Other than that, the press is sitting there, and while we will use it for our own needs from time to time, it isn't utilized most days at all.
Thanks Hamish - When I get my next surge of nappy making I will be in touch.
Kiley - SAHM to - Caycee (8/03), Stefanie (6/05), Brody (12/06), Keegan (5/10) and
Image Image

Anthea
TNN nerd

Post by Anthea » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:08 pm

i may just be intrested - can you let me know the details etc?

Mr. Greenbeans
TNN addict

Post by Mr. Greenbeans » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Just email me a time you want to come in between 6am-2pm (so would be coming in at 1pm at the latest to be out before 2pm) and will let Tauranga know to expect you. Bring in what you need to snap, bring in snaps as well, your snap stash, and get snapping. You can order online prior any snaps you want on the day for a pick up order, but am sure if you do run out or need another colour on the day, we can sort a packet or two on the day, but would rather you had sorted all the snaps you need prior in an order sitting there ready for you to go.

Tips to make things faster:
1- pre-mark where you are going to apply all your snaps
2- Line things up in a sockets first, then studs - or vise versa, rather than colours - changing the die set takes a minute to do given it is an allen key one, than screw in thread.

It isn't that complex, just organize a time when we are there and working, and show up. The press is just sitting there and it isn't in our road if someone is in using it.
Hamish

hamish@greenbeans.co.nz
027 2799745

Your nappy sewing store

Return to “Snaps and presses”