Snaps on bibs

Feijoa
TNN addict

Snaps on bibs

Post by Feijoa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:50 am

Hi there - I bought some of the bibs with the arms etc on Trademe but the velcro had gone so I unpicked it off. - I bought some sew on snaps from Spotlight but after sewing one set on I can tell it won't last long (maybe just my terrible sewing haha!) (Not so cheap bibs now either!!! haha!)

I saw the other snaps there (you hammer them on???). Have you found these work ok - are they reasonably easy to put on (because its just for a bib doesn't need to be flash), and do they stay on ok (with my opening and closing them all the time to get the bib on and off). Thanks for any advice :-)

annmaree
TNN convert

Re: Snaps on bibs

Post by annmaree » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:55 am

Do you know someone with a snap press? In my experience the resin snaps applied with a snap press have the best lifespan.

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:31 am

If you ask if anyone lives near you with a snap press, most of us are happy to let people use ours :D
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

Foxtrot
TNN nerd

Post by Foxtrot » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:11 pm

I have used those hammer on ones from spotlight and they work fine. They are easy to use - you just need to line up all the bits and then pound it with a hammer - and if you are not planning to do loads of snaps for something like nappies it's probably not worth buying a snap press just to do a few bibs. They seem to be exactly the same as those metal snaps on bodysuits and the necks of baby clothes and don't come undone or anything.
Bernadine
Image Image Image
Angel baby Feb 2010

“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” Roald Dahl

Feijoa
TNN addict

Post by Feijoa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Thank you - I think I will try the hammer on type (hubby is good with a hammer so maybe a job for him haha!!)

Thanks for the replies :-)

Return to “Snaps and presses”