Minky blanket

Post Reply
User avatar
lilmonster
TNN nerd
Posts: 1538
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: South Waikato

Minky blanket

Post by lilmonster » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:44 am

Im going to make bunny (the baby in my tummy) a minky blanket but unsure if i should back with minky or i should use cotton or maybe even merino?? - Probably just to be used as a in the pushchair/capsule blanket maybe on the bed??
Hayley: Mum to 2girls (dd1 oct 05 and dd2 april 09), 2 boys (ds1 april 11 and ds2 april 13)
Image

ditto
TNN guru
Posts: 5255
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 10:26 am
Location: Wellington

Re: Minky blanket

Post by ditto » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:14 pm

I`ve backed a couple with flannelette and it works pretty well.
Mama to Braden (5/05), Rosalia (6/08), Corin (3/10) and Annelise (2/14)

sjl
TNN nerd
Posts: 1331
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:23 pm
Location: Lower Hutt

Re: Minky blanket

Post by sjl » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Yep, flannel and minky is a great combination..

Hehe I just caught that iPad autocorrect changes minky to kinky!
Image Image

User avatar
Misp
TNN convert
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 am

Re: Minky blanket

Post by Misp » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:30 pm

sjl wrote:Yep, flannel and minky is a great combination..

Hehe I just caught that iPad autocorrect changes minky to kinky!
:rotfl: awkward! :smt044

User avatar
Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Posts: 14166
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:06 am
Location: lalalalalalalalala
Contact:

Re: Minky blanket

Post by Amethyst » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:24 pm

Misp wrote:
sjl wrote:Yep, flannel and minky is a great combination..

Hehe I just caught that iPad autocorrect changes minky to kinky!
:rotfl: awkward! :smt044
I posted once I had a kinky nappy :smt044 , changed it pretty darned quickly!!
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8
Image

User avatar
lilmonster
TNN nerd
Posts: 1538
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: South Waikato

Re: Minky blanket

Post by lilmonster » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:46 pm

ditto wrote:I`ve backed a couple with flannelette and it works pretty well.
anyones know of where to buy thumper (from bambi) materail?
Amethyst wrote:
Misp wrote:
sjl wrote:Yep, flannel and minky is a great combination..

Hehe I just caught that iPad autocorrect changes minky to kinky!
:rotfl: awkward! :smt044
I posted once I had a kinky nappy :smt044 , changed it pretty darned quickly!!
:rotfl: would love to see that nappy - gotta love autocorrect
Hayley: Mum to 2girls (dd1 oct 05 and dd2 april 09), 2 boys (ds1 april 11 and ds2 april 13)
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Fabrics and Notions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest