Outer layer fabric?

gummybear
TNN nutter

Outer layer fabric?

Post by gummybear » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:31 am

I made tons of pocket nappies when my four were babies but for some reason cannot remember what the outer fabric is called. Total brain blockage!! I used procare which was the thicker of the ones I used with a crisscross sort of backing and I used PUL which has the white layer sort of "glued" on the backing (is that right?) and then there was one more that was my fave it was sort of shiny on the back and it was lightweight and I really preferred it and used up the last bit I had to sew waterproof "fireman" pants for my youngest and he wants another pair and I can't even remember the name of it to order any. Help appreciated!! :boohoo:
Gummybear
Mum to Ruby (Jan 04) and Nelson (Sept 05) (Jun 08) and Oscar (Jun 10). All homebirthed, breastfed, non-vaxed, cloth-nappied and mostly homeschooled :)

Kaz
TNN guru

Re: Outer layer fabric?

Post by Kaz » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:29 am

PUL is what you want for the outside of nappies. Have a look at Ecomoon or Greenbeans :D
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

Petals
TNN guru

Post by Petals » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi Marie :wave: nice to "see" you again!

Was it called PU Nylon or something like that? Greenbeans had it in just a couple of colours?
Kylie

gummybear
TNN nutter

Post by gummybear » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:09 pm

Thanks! Yes, it was PUL. I was getting it mixed up with PU coated nylon which I didn't love quite as much, great to know it was PUL I was using. Appreciate the help. :D
Gummybear
Mum to Ruby (Jan 04) and Nelson (Sept 05) (Jun 08) and Oscar (Jun 10). All homebirthed, breastfed, non-vaxed, cloth-nappied and mostly homeschooled :)

Return to “Fabrics and Notions”