Te Awhina Nappy Scheme Kits Available! + Phase 2 (last post)

Shae
TNN nerd

Te Awhina Nappy Scheme Kits Available! + Phase 2 (last post)

Post by Shae » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:59 pm

Te Awhina Nappy Scheme

The Aim of Te Awhina Nappy Scheme is to provide loan kits of nappies (and accessories) to low income and struggling families. The loan kits will be free and loaned for a 3 month term (negotiable)
Along side the loan kit scheme we would also like to build a bank of nappy making fabrics and notions which can then be passed on to those willing to teach MCN making classes, either through an established community group or by their own initiative (Please PM Chantelle (Channyhoo) or Shae if you have an interest in facilitating some classes, or know of some one who would)
Included with the kits, will be information about any local nappy making classes, city council subsidies and long-term lay-by schemes offered by some of our lovely TNN WAHMs (all WAHM’s/nappy makers should have been contacted regarding this – please let us know if you haven’t been). Of course the recipient of the loan kit will be under no obligation to utilise these lay-bys. But we will provide a costing of disposables vs lay-by and home made nappies, to help them budget for future nappies.
Transparency is of the utmost importance to Te Awhina, therefore an inventory of nappies and accessories (and postage) will always be available to any interested parties.
Initially we would prefer donations to consist of nappies (& accessories) or postage instead of cash.

Te Awhina Nappy Scheme, will be run on a referral basis: from Active TNN members. This will allow for a level of accountability for the hirer if they know a TNN member in real life and hopefully reduce any abuse of the scheme that may occur.

So how can TNN members help:

• Donation of any size/type nappy in reasonable used or new condition.
• We will make periodic announcements when more nappies are needed and to let you know how many kits we have in circulation and their availability.
• Donation of nappy accessories: snappis, wetbags, boosters/inserts, nappy pails etc
• Nappy making fabrics and notions large enough to make a nappy or booster etc from.
• Postage
• A Christchurch based member to occasionally help Chantelle with inventory and day to day running of the scheme.

The nappies etc will be held by Chantelle, so please contact her for a postal address.

To begin with, we invite any and all donations, and will keep you posted on when the scheme will be up and running and ready to loan kits out. In the meantime if you know of anyone in need of a loan kit please contact Shae or Chantelle and we can start a booking calendar. Please be aware that the scheme will be extremely limited initially but we will start a waiting list if there is great demand.

(We are currently in negotiation with a courier company to sponsor postage for the scheme, if you have a large number of items to donate and need assistance with postage costs please contact Chantelle or Shae)

We are looking forward to establishing this exciting scheme and want to thank TNN members for their generosity and willingness to support Te Awhina Nappy Scheme.

We now have 3 kits!! 1 NB/SML, 1 Sml, 1 Med
The NB/SMl kit is currently in use until the beginning of April
But the Sml and Med Kits are available. Please contact us if you know someone who can make use of it.
Last edited by Shae on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Mama to A, J, & A
www.farmfamily.blogspot.com

channyhoo
TNN nerd

Post by channyhoo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:24 pm

Ja ja ja BUMP!
Chantelle
Lucky Mum of Kalila and wee angel baby May Uenuku.

Goldilocks
TNN nerd

Post by Goldilocks » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:41 am

Oh yay this is great!!! I'm happy to help Chantelle out in Chch if needed. I'm sure I have a few things here to donate too :D

Carla
~Carla~

Proud mummy to 3 boys..
kayd 23/6/02
Kyan 11/9/06
Rafferty 6/5/10
Life is crazy!

<---My 3 gorgeous boys!

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:23 am

I'm just wanting to let everyone know that we have vertually 1 whole NB/Sml Kit ready, we would ideally like a few more small pockets and prefolds, but as always we will accept any generous offers.
We are currently putting together an information pack, and contract.
So if you know anyone in need of a loan kit please contact either Chantelle (Channyhoo) or myself. :D
Mama to A, J, & A

channyhoo
TNN nerd

Post by channyhoo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:07 pm

NB. We're also still waiting to hear if we have sponsorship from TNT Express couriers (fingers crossed!) :D
Chantelle

DANIELLE887
TNN newbie

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Post by DANIELLE887 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:41 pm

I could definitely hook with Chantelle and help out, just had another donation towards the pyrchase of nappy fabric, so stoked!

I also have a 7 yrold with ASD, x-mas is difficult as fantasy wars with his black and white way of thinking.

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:31 am

Bumpity bump! The kit is available, so if anyone knows of someone in need of it please drop us a line.
Mama to A, J, & A

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:44 pm

The kit is currently booked for the next 12 weeks (approx) but we are more than happy to make advanced bookings for preggy mums (and families).
Mama to A, J, & A

Faraway
TNN nerd

Post by Faraway » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:53 pm

Wow that's great!!
Kathryn
Mum to Master K 4/07 and Miss A 2/09

beccahv
TNN guru

Post by beccahv » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:59 pm

Are you going to be offering kits in larger sizes and are homemade (no idea of pattern) nappies needed??
Bec - Lucky Mama to Luca (July 2005) & Alexander (May 2008) :-)

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:19 pm

I think the majority of donations have been of NB's and smalls but we'd certainly love to be able to offer med and large. I think from our perspective so long as the nappy is in good condition and has plenty of life left homemade nappies are just as good as any branded nappy. :D
Mama to A, J, & A

channyhoo
TNN nerd

Post by channyhoo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:51 pm

Yep, we have a grand total of 3 Medium nappies and no larges. We run on a donation basis so we just offer what we have but we have been able to put together two sml/nb kits :D

Oh and we're definitely not brand only! We are offering purely what we can, including old fashioned flats if we have them in stock.
Chantelle

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Can one of you pm me your address again, I will send you some larger ones.
Lisa, mama to Maya, no more nappies here!

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

channyhoo
TNN nerd

Post by channyhoo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:58 pm

Awww, more nappies from you Mandli? You're too kind. Thank you very much. Will PM you now.
Chantelle

beccahv
TNN guru

Post by beccahv » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:00 pm

Can you please PM me too and I'll put some nappies in the post:)!
Bec - Lucky Mama to Luca (July 2005) & Alexander (May 2008) :-)

Return to “Charitable and Community Projects (Public)”