Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Dunners
TNN oracle
Posts: 17750
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: Ōtautahi

Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by Dunners » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:45 pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4099855 ... u-can-help

I saw on the news tonight that the rescue centres have a shortage of pillows, if any locals have any spare. I also saw kids playing with toys that had been donated, so I'm thinking I'll get the kids to go through the bookcase tomorrow & pull out some books/toybox for some toys. (I also thought some homemade jam from the cupboard may be useful?)

For those further afield, there are RedCross & Sally Army details in the link above for monetary donations.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

User avatar
Minty
TNN oracle
Posts: 11991
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:24 am
Contact:

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by Minty » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks Leanne. :vibes:
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Going button-crazy here. http://www.buttonsbybenji.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Jessp
TNN nerd
Posts: 4350
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:26 pm
Location: Quakeville

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by Jessp » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:26 pm

thanks will be dropping dtuff off to tomorrow
Jess
Busy Mum to three Monkeys

User avatar
rootoo
TNN guru
Posts: 8341
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:12 am
Location: Christchurch
Contact:

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by rootoo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:39 pm

I have pillows but no idea how I'll get them there, if anyone from over my way is going swing by and pick up my pillows? :lol:
Rachel
Mama to Josh 6/10/08 and Ollie 25/5/11

http://www.facebook.com/featherbrushyarns

User avatar
Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Posts: 14166
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:06 am
Location: lalalalalalalalala
Contact:

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by Amethyst » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:43 pm

rootoo wrote:I have pillows but no idea how I'll get them there, if anyone from over my way is going swing by and pick up my pillows? :lol:

Where are you? I'm going past Addington tomorrow.
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8
Image

nicky-noodle
TNN guru
Posts: 5140
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:46 pm
Location: Christchurch

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by nicky-noodle » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:07 pm

I got sent this

The items that are deperately needed are: Baby Wipes Formula Nappies-all sizes needed Blankets Bottles/Teats Shampoo, baby oil, moisturisers, nappy rash creams Socks Bibs Hats Portable cots Clothing-singlets, all in ones, woolensWe appreciate that some of you will have been hit hard by the earthquake and will be unable to help but please forward this out to your friends and family that may be able to help in some way drop to Addington or Linwood Welfare Centres.

User avatar
rootoo
TNN guru
Posts: 8341
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:12 am
Location: Christchurch
Contact:

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by rootoo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm in Shirley, so not really anywhere near you lol. I'll have a fair bit of stuff actually looking at nicky's list so I might see if a friend or maybe my flatmate can take it over.... all those baby skin products we never used and I never threw out might be handy yet :lol: will have to sort through DS's drawers and wardrobe in the morning
Rachel
Mama to Josh 6/10/08 and Ollie 25/5/11

http://www.facebook.com/featherbrushyarns

User avatar
kyle
TNN nerd
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Kapiti

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by kyle » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:11 pm

nicky-noodle wrote:I got sent this

The items that are deperately needed are: Baby Wipes Formula Nappies-all sizes needed Blankets Bottles/Teats Shampoo, baby oil, moisturisers, nappy rash creams Socks Bibs Hats Portable cots Clothing-singlets, all in ones, woolensWe appreciate that some of you will have been hit hard by the earthquake and will be unable to help but please forward this out to your friends and family that may be able to help in some way drop to Addington or Linwood Welfare Centres.


Do you know if there is a street address or postal address - I would love to send a box down.
Rachel

SAHM to Kyle 07/09/06

User avatar
beccahv
TNN guru
Posts: 5005
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:55 pm
Location: Glendowie

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by beccahv » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:13 pm

kyle wrote:
nicky-noodle wrote:I got sent this

The items that are deperately needed are: Baby Wipes Formula Nappies-all sizes needed Blankets Bottles/Teats Shampoo, baby oil, moisturisers, nappy rash creams Socks Bibs Hats Portable cots Clothing-singlets, all in ones, woolensWe appreciate that some of you will have been hit hard by the earthquake and will be unable to help but please forward this out to your friends and family that may be able to help in some way drop to Addington or Linwood Welfare Centres.


Do you know if there is a street address or postal address - I would love to send a box down.



Yup......I've got stuff too :mrgreen:
Bec - Lucky Mama to Luca (July 2005) & Alexander (May 2008) :-)

Paws
TNN guru
Posts: 6040
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:57 pm

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by Paws » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:20 pm

Yeah I'd happily see if I've got stuff also....maybe if there are other Auckland ladies who want to send stuff we could pool our resources?

User avatar
Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Posts: 14166
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:06 am
Location: lalalalalalalalala
Contact:

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by Amethyst » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:24 pm

You can send to me and I can drop it off to the Addington centre. It's literally one minute from the shop :).
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8
Image

User avatar
kyle
TNN nerd
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Kapiti

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by kyle » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 pm

Amethyst wrote:You can send to me and I can drop it off to the Addington centre. It's literally one minute from the shop :).


Awesome, can you please pm me your address. :D
Rachel

SAHM to Kyle 07/09/06

0ebuny
TNN nerd
Posts: 2712
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Hamilton

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by 0ebuny » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:57 pm

kyle wrote:
Amethyst wrote:You can send to me and I can drop it off to the Addington centre. It's literally one minute from the shop :).


Awesome, can you please pm me your address. :D



ditto ive got stuff here i could send anyone one else in hamilton wanna combign postage?
BEX

wahm to Mikayla waterbirth on 7/3/05, tristan 4/2/07 and Akasha (unplanned homebirth) 25/4/11
one angel baby Zane



Bum Basics: cheak out our facebook page were having a big sale.

User avatar
Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Posts: 14166
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:06 am
Location: lalalalalalalalala
Contact:

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by Amethyst » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:10 pm

Send to the shop:

Bumbles
Attn Welfare Centre
Addingtown Mall
300 Lincoln Road
Christchurch, 8024
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8
Image

Dunners
TNN oracle
Posts: 17750
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: Ōtautahi

Re: Canterbury Earthquake - ways we can all help

Post by Dunners » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:44 pm

0ebuny wrote:
kyle wrote:
Amethyst wrote:You can send to me and I can drop it off to the Addington centre. It's literally one minute from the shop :).


Awesome, can you please pm me your address. :D



ditto ive got stuff here i could send anyone one else in hamilton wanna combign postage?


Mum is flying down tomorrow mid-morning. Excess baggage is $15 per piece (not sure of size limit), if it works out cheaper having her bring it that way, that is an option. (not sure what room Mum will have in her checked luggage - puzzles/colouring books etc may fit in with ease?)

When I dropped stuff in today they were so excited to see the bag of books/puzzles/games/colouring in books & felts etc, if that's a help with focus of need...
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Post Reply

Return to “Charitable and Community Projects (Public)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest