Charity auction 2011 Update - Another $500 donated Pg. 12

Minty
TNN oracle

Charity auction 2011 Update - Another $500 donated Pg. 12

Post by Minty » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:03 pm

This auction is to support North Shore Hospice, who do a wonderful job caring for our loved ones.

Items can be viewed here: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listin ... er=3828181
There will be more items added next week, so check back to see those.

I'm now calling for donations for this charity auction. Nova, that's a great idea (above) I'll bundle some, and sell others separately. I haven't approached TM yet about the charity fee refund, so I'll work on that, and in the meantime I'll cover the first $100 of fees (I'm hopeful that we'll have that much :wink: ), and then after that it will come out of proceeds unless TM have come to the party.

I'll gather stuff at my place, and list it (and let you all know when its up), and we'll go from there. If your contribution is heavy/large and it would make sense to send it directly (at buyers cost) from your place, rather than sending to me first, then please send me good pictures and full description instead. I would imagine most things would be able to be posted here though for bundling etc.

PM for my address please.

Initially, I think end of March cut-off date would work (for early April auctions).

Thanks so much to everyone who has made offers and ideas so far, I'm really looking forward to running this auction.

I am immensely thankful for the awesome support Mum is receiving through her local hospice and I want to do something to express my thanks and to help them in their fantastic work. I can't praise them highly enough for the respect and caring they continue to show Mum, and they greatly increase our peace of mind and give us a blanket of support at this tough time.

I've been involved in a charity auction on Ravelry (Kate Buntine Foundation for children with diabetes) and it was great fun and very successful at raising money. The organisers asked for auction donations and then ran an online auction for all the items donated. There was a huge range of items including handknits, yarn, buttons, bags, sewn items etc. I think most of the people bidding were people who had actually donated as well, and it was lovely to see the amazing creations donated.

Sooo.... .... I want to run a similar auction via TNN, and I'm calling for expressions of interest. Given that it is a busy time of year, I think it would be best to arrange it for early 2011, but it might be something to book into your busy crafting schedule, or start thinking about now. I need to look into the nitty gritty of running an online auction (help gratefully accepted with this).

Let's share the TNN love. :smt049 Are you up for it? :vibes:
Last edited by Minty on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:09 am, edited 14 times in total.
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Going button-crazy here. http://www.buttonsbybenji.blogspot.com/

Petals
TNN guru

Re: Charity auction 2011 - are you keen?

Post by Petals » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:39 pm

I'm up for it - I didn't know about the diabetes one. Remember the auctions we did years ago to raise money for fistula treatment?
Kylie

ariayla

Post by ariayla » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:41 pm

I'll be in, can certainly offer up a couple of items.

Gaia
TNN guru

Post by Gaia » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:47 pm

I'm in. Canoffer an item or two.
~Heather~

**Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have. - ANON **

http://overthetoporiginals.wordpress.com/

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:51 pm

I love the Kate Buntine ones - in fact I blogged about the latest ones today!
http://justonewip.blogspot.com/2010/11/ ... ising.html
I'll be in for something depending on how timing goes with bub etc, but I'm sure I'll be able to contribute :) Great idea!
Julia - Knitting nut and mum to 3 delicious children: DD - 9, DS#1 - 7 and DS#3 - 5

Knitting Pattern Designer of The Little Rascals, Poplar, Katniss, Primrose, Greyson patterns - available HERE

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:18 pm

:vibes:
absolutely in!

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:15 am

of course!! I really enjoyed the fistula fundraising.

daikininz
TNN nerd

Post by daikininz » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:48 am

I'm in... hospice care is a cause close to my heart too - my late Nana was a volunteer for her local one until a couple of years before she died. I honour her memory by supporting my local hospice whenever possible :D
Becca
Mum of MissK12, MrJ8, MrX6, MrJ5, MissC3
1 dog (Chester)

:PC: Find our blogs on parenting, geocaching and my creative efforts at narelo.com

Taylas_mum
TNN nerd

Post by Taylas_mum » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:51 am

I would happily knit something to donate if it's ok with copyright of the pattern etc - don't have any knowledge about these sorts of things :D
Emma
Knitting-mad mummy to Tayla (7) Kade (4.5) and Reid (2)
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Taylasmum

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:05 am

Taylas_mum wrote:I would happily knit something to donate if it's ok with copyright of the pattern etc - don't have any knowledge about these sorts of things :D
I know most copyrights are fine with charity knitting, though in the Aus group people would check with designers, and lots of the designers were there anyway and gave their permission. I'm absolutely fine with anyone knitting any of my patterns for this. We've got lots of lovely designers right here too that it would be easy to check with - Rachel/Razz, Sheryl/Shortly, Julie/Skyflame, gurnard/kb (isn't around here anymore but would be easy to check with), tikki and Shannon would be easy to ask too. Sable's got some patterns too hasn't she and I feel like there's someone else obvious I'm missing too.
Julia - Knitting nut and mum to 3 delicious children: DD - 9, DS#1 - 7 and DS#3 - 5

Knitting Pattern Designer of The Little Rascals, Poplar, Katniss, Primrose, Greyson patterns - available HERE

Tentacles
TNN guru

Post by Tentacles » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:27 am

I'm sure I could be in for something will just have to start thinking about what that might be :D
Alison - Currently SAHM to DS (04/07) and DD (09/10).

http://kiwicraftychemist.blogspot.com

Fi
TNN nerd

Post by Fi » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:32 am

Yep - I'd be in. Like some of the others, it depends on timing as to my level of commitment, but I am certainly happy to help out.
Fiona
SAHM to Miss J (6), Master H (4) and newby Master C
Partner to SAHD Shane
http://kiwifisworld.blogspot.com/

cj
TNN guru

Post by cj » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:50 am

minty, I can't find a link to that Kate Bunting charity - is it an NZ one? Very keen to support KIDS with diabetes, we support diabetes NZ but there's no way of directing your money towards type 1 diabetes when you do that.
You know who I am! Mum to DS1(7), DS2(6), DD(6), DS3(5).

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:55 am

http://www.wahmnaps.com/store.php?SS=46
minty, I can't find a link to that Kate Bunting charity - is it an NZ one? Very keen to support KIDS with diabetes, we support diabetes NZ but there's no way of directing your money towards type 1 diabetes when you do that.
It's a charity for Australian kids with Type 1 diabetes. Details above :)
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Going button-crazy here. http://www.buttonsbybenji.blogspot.com/

Megan
TNN guru

Post by Megan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:58 am

I'd love to donate something.
And a big hug to you, Minty. Being with your Mum as she battles with this can't be easy :bighug: .

Return to “Charitable and Community Projects (Public)”