Kids charities brainstorm - sock monkey love

Dunners
TNN oracle

Kids charities brainstorm - sock monkey love

Post by Dunners » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:12 pm

I borrowed Craft Hope from the Library today. One of the projects is for sock monkeys - something I've always wanted to have a go at. http://crafthope.com/2009/09/monkeys-ju ... n-the-bed/

I was thinking that it would be cool to do a Sock Monkey Sew-a-long & charity drive.

Any ideas about the Kiwi kids charities that would be keen to accept & distribute the sock monkeys?
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

beccahv
TNN guru

Re: Kids charities brainstorm - sock monkey love

Post by beccahv » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Slightly alone these lines (sorry for the TJ Leanne but I thought people might have knowledge in both areas :D )..........Luca heard on the news on the way home from school today that there are many children suffering in Northland at the moment through poverty related illness. This upset Luca and required a long involved conversation about what it actually means and the things we could do to help........one of his suggestions was to make hats to keep them warm which made me think of Amanda Blake Soule's hat drive a year or so ago. Does anyone know of a charity that would accept winter hats and more to the point, would they be used/useful?
Bec - Lucky Mama to Luca (July 2005) & Alexander (May 2008) :-)

white-rose
TNN guru

Post by white-rose » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:27 pm

what a great idea, I will play along if I have time to do it - do you need the book are the instructions etc available on the blog?
Louise - CBE and SAHM to 6 children; 14, 11, 9, 8, 6, and 4.
Angel mummy to MissK 12 and 2 little ^i^

*If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together. There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. By Winnie the Pooh*

Owner and creator of Kanzu - Clothing with a difference https://www.facebook.com/kanzudesign

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Not a TJ at all Becca! That's the sort of thing this thread is for.

WR - here's a tute for a sock monkey, looks like a good one ;) http://www.web-goddess.org/writing/tutorial/Image0.html
Leanne
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

0ebuny
TNN nerd

Post by 0ebuny » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:31 pm

that is so cute in that tutorial i think i might even be able to manage that (i might get a pair of socks and try before i commit to anything)
BEX

wahm to Mikayla waterbirth on 7/3/05, tristan 4/2/07 and Akasha (unplanned homebirth) 25/4/11
one angel baby Zane

Bum Basics: cheak out our facebook page were having a big sale.

growingclothie
TNN oracle

Post by growingclothie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:33 pm

I started a sock monkey for H a couple of years ago and its still sitting half finished in my sewing pile, I'm not a big fan of hand stitching :oops:
Bec

Home educating mum to precious blessings:
*MissW (stillborn Jan'04)
*MasterZ (11yrs old, born Jan'04)
*MasterH (7yrs old, born Sept'07)
*MissK (4yrs old, born Nov'10)
*MissF (2yrs old, born July'13)

Visit me on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SteppingInWater

xmasangls
TNN nerd

Post by xmasangls » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:02 pm

growingclothie wrote:I started a sock monkey for H a couple of years ago and its still sitting half finished in my sewing pile, I'm not a big fan of hand stitching :oops:

DS made one using the sewing Machine, made a pretty good job for a first ever atempt at sewing
Rachel,

Agent for Prenzel Pantry
https://www.facebook.com/PrenzelAgentRachelMitchell

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Leanne

Return to “Charitable and Community Projects (Public)”