5%
Didn't work on my computer
9%

Total votes: 22

NZ Child Restraints

www.childrestraints.co.nz

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:25 pm

Introducing www.childrestraints.co.nz
Kiwi made site, with information on many things child restraints related.

Including how to clean your seat, why rear facing to 12 months is a must, why you should keep your toddler in a car seat as long as possible.

Also information about education classes in your area. (new).

Please have a look, and tell me what you think.

This has been permitted to be advertised.

Please rate the site, anf give any tips, suggestions etc.

Cabbettenz
TNN nerd

Post by Cabbettenz » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:34 pm

Looks Great,

Only had on problem- When I clicked on the toddler section etc (on the side bar), it didn't do anything, I assume it was meant to jump down the page to that section.

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:21 pm

I have just had a look at it seems to be working correctly. Can I ask what page it was from and to?

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:35 pm

It's a lot of reading!! - But looks like good information.

ps I was wondering if I had missed your introduction to tnn? 8-)

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:58 pm

I have tried to limit the amount of text as the sites aim to be more visual for quick reference, but some areas need a lot of writing.

Sorry, I only just noticed your wee question in regards to intro. I had one on yesterday.

I am an Aunty to 2, and one on the way. I work with special needs children in a child care centre. Uni Student. Have sewen 2 nappy covers, 1 trainer pant, some hats with ears and some bodysuits and booties.

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:05 pm

By sharing any faults or dislikes about the site, changes can be made and the site can be more user friendly.

By selecting poor means there is something you do not like, by telling me the site can be improved. By selected excellent, I know what is best to keep and why.

Please take the time to say what you like and dislike.

Thank you to those of you who already have. :)

Annabella
TNN nerd

Post by Annabella » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:07 pm

I put average because I think that if I was actually looking for info your site would be very informative and seems well written.
I am not sure why I don't think it is better than average, I will have another look later when I have more time but I think it is just that it didn't excite me very much - not that eyecatching?

Rachel03
TNN nerd

Post by Rachel03 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:43 pm

I voted average
- info that is there is good

But would value a comparison of seats in each category as an independent person - pros/cons etc in plain language
like - meets safety stds vs exceeds them. You are paying etc for extra padding/soft fabric vs safety considerations.

Not sure if this is what you were intending though.

Rachel
Rachel

Oliver - my big 6 year old
Tayla - 3 years

Nikki
TNN nerd

Post by Nikki » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:03 pm

OK, here are my comments. :)

I rated it average - but really I think what brought it down for me was the home page layout/reception to the site. Once inside I actually really liked all the info and layout, pictures etc.

Re. the home page, I found it a bit "full" and it kind of gave me that feeling of "oh too much to read, I'll skim right on past" and I think that that is the opposite effect of what you want particularly if it has cruicial info. I realise why you had the disclaimer there, but if people are possibly going to skip past it anyway, then maybe just having it accessible via a hyperlink as you have from within the site is all that is adequate (and perhaps hyperlinks within your info pages back to the disclaimer (and bookmarked to the particular point you want to get across)?

I would prefer to see a more welcoming page as the first thing I see - going back to the whole marketing concept of how ever many seconds or "clicks" do you have to capture your audience - it missed the mark for me, and if I weren't critiquing it because you requested us to, I think if I were Joe Bloggs I might not continue? I also found the fade in and out of pages (not sure of the technical term) a little unusual as I am used to a crisp change - perhaps just a personal choice thing, not sure.

Anyway, my vote is to alter the welcome page and it would make it a more attractive site to me.

ditto
TNN guru

Post by ditto » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:54 pm

Positives:
Informative
Correct (as far as I know)
Plenty of info given
Looks professional

Negatives:
Too many words
Difficult to find info you're looking for
Purpose of site unclear
Home page unwelcoming
Needs editing

I think if you divided it up to meet the needs of the reader it would be better, e.g.
Choosing a car seat
Buying a used car seat
Installing your car seat
Weight and age recommendations
Car seats and the law
... that sort of thing.

Sorry if I'm being blunt! You've got a lot of good info in there; it just needs to be made more accessible to the reader :wink:
Mama to Braden (5/05), Rosalia (6/08), Corin (3/10) and Annelise (2/14)

shortly
TNN guru

Post by shortly » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:15 pm

I agree with Ditto on all of her points. Great site but a bit overwhelming on the welcome page.

I had problems when I clicked on the car seats link on the left

http://www.childrestraints.co.nz/[type%20Function]share?p=[object%20Object]&embed=1

Four seperate pages started up, and none of them worked.

So I didn't get to see the info on these pages at all.
Sheryl

Mum to Shay (17) Alison (7) and Rebecca (6), obsessive knitter, full-time teacher, and *still* working on my Masters. Not long to go now!!

frannym
TNN nutter

Post by frannym » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:20 pm

i agree with what the others have said, way tooo much information on the first page.

is this the site that "xsm" from Trademe created?
Mum to Angus and Lochie

Founder of http://www.breastmates.co.nz

Annabella
TNN nerd

Post by Annabella » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:26 pm

What they said :lol:

That sums it up for me too, paticularly what Nikki said 8-)

stripeycat
TNN nerd

Post by stripeycat » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:48 pm

Is this the site that "xsm" from Trademe created?

That's www.childrestraintsafety.com
Megan, crazy lunch lady and mum to 5 gorgeous girls.

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:01 pm

So, was this other one set up after you started your website? Is there a reason why there are two with the same type of info? and the safe2go website too?

Anyway, nice to have some more aunties on the net (I'm actually a great-aunty now!!) and I also work with people who have disabilities.

:idea: If you are looking for projects ... you could look at getting more appropriate car seats, for children / babies who need to wear SPICA frames, into hospital loan pools. Some of the problem being that neither ACC and/or DHB's who have the contract to provide short term equipment, think it's their role to provide them.

http://www.mgh.harvard.edu/ORTHO/DDH%20 ... asting.htm

Return to “Related businesses”