36%
Didn't look
5%
Didn't work on my computer
9%

Total votes: 22

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:45 pm

Wow! Thanks everyone I wasn't expecting as much of a reply today. I thought it would be quiet in here.

I will look into shortening the intro page. Reason that is there is to stop people resting fault with the site. I will bullet point the main ideas.

I have started a site with measurements and features of some seats. I am tossing up placing measurements as to do this i actually need access to a wide range of seats. I can however note standards, tether etc.
I have access to an AHR safe-n-sound, Recaro start booster, IGC infant capsule, mothercare booster (England), safe-n-sound compaq and safe-n-sound galaxy (I think, it has expired and is being used for education only).

I will look at taking the fade in off, I really liked it.
What pages have too much writing? I have tried to limit it a lot and thought there wasn't too much.

I will also look into seats suitable to children in casting, I have some in mind but no access to a child that has a cast, but will do my best in 2007 to talk to someone who deals with these children in the hospital and hopefully a helpful parent.

Would you find this live information useful in antenatal classes?

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 pm

Also this site has been online since early 2006, and underwent a face lift in mid 2006.
Safe2go website has only been online since about July 2006.

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:57 pm

Keep your eyes open over the next few days...some changes have been made and will be uploaded shortly :)

Any suggestions? keep them coming!

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:10 pm

it has been updated. I think people don't like the site though?

Annabella
TNN nerd

Post by Annabella » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:40 pm

I like the improvements, I think the information is laid much better and I found it easier to read and navigate around the site.
I think it would be good if the disclaimer page was not the initial page, maybe provide a very clear link to it from the main page?

Great work :D

Nikki
TNN nerd

Post by Nikki » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:47 pm

I think the home page is better - but it just doesn't seem welcoming to me...is it a legal requirement you need that there like that? I honestly wouldn't read it and just want to enter the site straight away if I'm after specific info anyway (usually I would google a specific issue and enter a site that way anyhow). Sorry if that sounds blunt...

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:00 am

Thanks.

Once you enter the site you can use google to find specific pages within the site, ie search on booster it then finds all the pages with the word booster in it.
However since I updated some parts the google search needs to be updated once i work out how.

I will look into the disclaimer being placed elsewhere. Would the page with the baby in the seat (once you enter site) be the preferred front page?

Nikki
TNN nerd

Post by Nikki » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:39 am

NZ Child Restraints wrote:Once you enter the site you can use google to find specific pages within the site, ie search on booster it then finds all the pages with the word booster in it.
However since I updated some parts the google search needs to be updated once i work out how.

Oh, what I was meaning, that unless I had heard of your site and type it into the address bar, I might only chance across it on google if say I was googling carseat info in NZ and therefore google would throw up a specific page and I would bypass your disclaimer page altogether. kwim? So I think you will get people hitting your site that haven't entered through the homepage anyhow and because of that I think it negates the use of having the disclaimer on the front page for that purpose. Make sense, not sure it does to me now. :lol:

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:06 pm

When you search on google from NZ you will see the site there:

Search string:
http://www.google.co.nz/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLR,GGLR:2006-36,GGLR:en&q=child+restraints&meta=cr%3DcountryNZ
No other pages will come up on the google search due to the way the domain is set up even when viewing the page on boosters, you will notice that the address bar is still www.childrestraints.co.nz and not like other sites for example www.childrestraints.co.nz/ltnzcr.htm

Seeing that is is placed as the 2nd site 3rd reference. (thats above many other sites) when searching from the web there is the AU one, so some people will change the .com.au to .co.nz and get to my site. I will look into changing the front page. Thanks

Nikki
TNN nerd

Post by Nikki » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:27 pm

OK, gonna keep at this... :wink: ...all in the aid of helping you keep in mind. When I did a google search I was thinking what I want to know and these are the words I typed in 'carseat booster child weight' and your site didn't come up. I realise that your search includes 'restraint' (and that this is the official term), but to be honest, that's not a word I would think of when searching on carseats. Then I really wanted your site to come up so I specifically put in 'child restraint', still no luck in the first few pages I scanned, so I added 'disclaimer' and then it pulled it up with this link on the 2nd page of results http://www.childrestraints.co.nz/csnzcr.htm

So still bypassed your disclaimer page. :? Then this link was on my 3rd page of results.
http://www.childrestraints.co.nz/stnzcr.htm

Or have I completely hashed what you are meaning? :oops: Anyhow, you've said you'll likely move the disclaimer page so kind of a moot point I'm making. :roll: :lol:

To me it all looks good once you get inside anyway. So anyway, I'll let it go now. :wink:

ETA: just realised that your search was on 'retraints' not 'restraint' as I put in...Guess it depends on your googling skills and the way your mind works the problem.

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:00 pm

Yes there are ways to avoid the disclaimer so I may remove it but it takes a while to upate the index page and the frames.

I have added a site map with google so can see how that goes. I do not know how to change the key words. But once you are in the site you can use the google box on the site to search within www.childrestraints.co.nz and that will find all pages within the site.

As for rankings on google it can be very hard to get it on there and on the first pages.
I will work on it though

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:38 pm

Latest update!!

The site has been updated and no more disclaimer on the front page!! WOOO. Disclaimer has it's own page now.

There is also a forum board which is now functional! I flicked the old one as even i struggled to use it.

WOOOOOOOO I'm now an active member!!! :lol:

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:40 am

Stats of poll:

3.9 people say the site is excellent
4.95 people say it is average
3 people say the site is poor
0.9 people didnt look
1.95 people say the site didnt work

- It would help to have more responses, and if people could say why the site is not working for them

Statistically I know some of these results are not correct, some people would have answered without looking, and others have looked but not answered anyway.

If the input is given, then I can make the site what YOU as the consumer of information wants. :)

Thanks

JandC
Queen of the sewing machine

Post by JandC » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:29 pm

I've always used this website: http://www.childrestraintsafety.com/

Love the info in there, and the lady is really nice to talk to (on email).

She helped me decide what carseat to buy for my newborn & i'm so grateful for her advice!

She does it all in her own time and is such a wealth of knowledge.

I find the pictures take ages to load on your website (www.childrestraints.co.nz), not sure why since i'm on broadband. Also the few times i've been to the site quite a few links are always broken..(perhaps your server?)
Natalie *Mum of MissJ 10yrs, MrC 8yrs and MissA 6yrs*

When you don't give up, you cannot fail

JandC
Queen of the sewing machine

Post by JandC » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:39 pm

Hi,

Are you safe2go trained? I looked on this website but couldn't find you (sorry I just prefer to make sure i'm taking advice from someone who is trained on such a precious matter as carseat safety):

http://www.safe2go.co.nz/technicians/index.html
Natalie *Mum of MissJ 10yrs, MrC 8yrs and MissA 6yrs*

When you don't give up, you cannot fail

Return to “Related businesses”