Didn't look
5%
Didn't work on my computer
9%

Total votes: 22

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:42 pm

JandC wrote:Hi,

Are you safe2go trained? I looked on this website but couldn't find you (sorry I just prefer to make sure i'm taking advice from someone who is trained on such a precious matter as carseat safety):

http://www.safe2go.co.nz/technicians/index.html

Yes I am: I am Safe2Go trained. My certificate was earned on 17th February 2006; it is valid for 12 months and will be updated early 2007. (This information is available on the very first page of the website)
I’ve also applied recently for the trainer position.

I can critique the other mentioned site highly. But I will not do so.

I also run this site in my own time. The site has been made by myself does not use a template like the other site. Templates are preloaded and you simply click and load images, and enter the text on to the site.
www.childrestraints.co.nz has been made by entering loads of script and started from blank pages using front page. This requires hours of planning for layouts, and entering tables, frames, images, text and codes to enable the pages to work.

I have been working with child restraints for over 7 years. I currently have access to 8 car seats ranging in price from $140 - $989 (that is per seat), (Safe-n-sound, Babywell, Recaro, IGC & Mothercare). Also yesterday 2x maternity seat belts donated to me from a supporting company.

I have knowledge of seats dating back to 1990's. Namely Century & Evenflo. These companies were originally patented in 1985 for century and 1986 for evenflo.
Prior to that was the GM love seat rear facing infant seat (non rocking base, no handle and very heavy) and the forward facing gm love seat from 8 - 18 kgs. Very ugly seats.
From there developments have improved to the likes of the Safe-n-Sound AHR and Recaro branded seats.

I do not promote any particular brands of seats as this can make people feel guilty when they cannot afford a specific brand of seat. Of course people want to promote the best, as best is business. But as incomes of patrons changes often it is best to offer advise on a "range" of seats, both price wise and feature wise.

I am currently in the process of looking into importing seats that harness children past 18kgs, and gaining certification to do so as well as registering as a charity or business, as well as running education classes to parents/caregivers and the local community, not to promote seats, but to promote correct use, and encourage parents to keep their children in child restraints for longer durations, as well as keeping a child rear facing until 12 months.

My site has been checked over by an ACC agent, LTSA staff as well as members of Plunket. There has been no reports of incorrect information.

When I look at any child restraint the entire seat is looked at not just the outer covers. I remove the belts and covers. See how easy they are to fit in a standard vehicle, and compare them to other similar seats.
ie, babywell to safe-n-sound Compaq.

There is a lot more to my developments that it seems.

My site was uploaded to the internet early 2006, the site you mention was uploaded some time later and the safe2go site only recently.

I understand there is competition in this world and I can accept that. However as the consumer you (and others) need to be aware of the information you may come across as not all things on the internet, or even in baby stores can be correct so sometimes your own research needs to be done.

Also I'm sure that places like the Baby Factory dislike being compared to that of Baby City. I have had some very postive reviews about my website. I was going to link it to Bonnie's site but the comments I have received from her supporters have meant that this link will not be provided as there is no need for patrons to run down another company/person for no real reason. (Please keep this in mind, as these comments can have very hurtful affects)

I will look into the images, as they may need to have the resolution reduced to reduce the lag time.
If you can mention where the site has these issues, that is with images or broken links I can have these fixed within 24 hours.

Thanks for your feedback, hope that answers your questions.

MsBonbon
TNN nutter

Post by MsBonbon » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:00 am

Hi Trish

Hope you are well! In regards to being safe2go trained you may want to contact safe2go and have yourself added to their website of listed technicians, obviously there has been an over site and your name has been missed out.

Re: template, I don't feel it's important how the website is made and I'm sure you will agree, it's the content that matters most. But, for the knowledge of others, I spend hours developing this website and it certainly isn't as easy as clicking and putting in pictures there is a lot of thought and effort put in to the website I've developed. I have looked at your own website and can tell you have put a TREMENDOUS amount of effort in to it since it was recently re-uploaded.

In regards to comments from 'supporters' of my website, unfortunately I cannot control the actions of others but I do apologise on their behalf. I do not encourage this behaviour at all and understand that yes it can have hurtful effects especially when you have put a great deal of effort in to your website.

Good luck for your education classes and future ventures!
:)
Bonnie, Working Mumma to 2 gorgeous little boys :) 3 and almost 5!
Child Passenger Safety Technician & Safe2Go Technician (used to be!) - http://www.childrestraintsafety.com

JandC
Queen of the sewing machine

Post by JandC » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:01 am

Thanks for all that info, interesting about other sites :)

Will look at yours later & let you know what does/doesn't work for me.

So on that list, who are you?
Natalie *Mum of MissJ 10yrs, MrC 8yrs and MissA 6yrs*

When you don't give up, you cannot fail

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:38 pm

JandC wrote:Thanks for all that info, interesting about other sites :)

Will look at yours later & let you know what does/doesn't work for me.

So on that list, who are you?

I am not mentioned on that list. The technicians listed are related to a business, ie Famers. I was meant to be on that list under the previous child care centre where I was working. However I left before the website was uploaded and asked them to remove my name as I no longer worked there.

I am trained, I do exist.

I am hoping to re-train in March this year.

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:39 pm

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for your kind words.

Can you please email me via the website address?

Much appreciated.

Trish

chuffed
TNN nerd

Post by chuffed » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:06 pm

The booster link won't work from either the 'carseats' page or the 'toddler' page. Is this the sort of thing you are after?

I would LOVE some pictures of the car seats you list at the bottom.
Mum to dd 8yr6m, ds 6yr9m, triplet girls 4yr6m

Distributor of Diono Car Seats in New Zealand www.diono.co.nz

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:22 pm

chuffed wrote:The booster link won't work from either the 'carseats' page or the 'toddler' page. Is this the sort of thing you are after?

I would LOVE some pictures of the car seats you list at the bottom.

First errors have been corrected thank you for pointing those out. Will look at my database of images and see if I have one of each of the seats. Did you find the catalouge easy to use?

10.12pm - Website has been updated and now contains images on the catalogue.
Hope this helps with the search. As I view more seats I will update the information. (Also as i get some spare time!) :)
Last edited by NZ Child Restraints on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chuffed
TNN nerd

Post by chuffed » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:41 pm

yes, do you know if that booster in the video is here in NZ?

I would love to move dd into a taller seat with 'racing car straps'
Mum to dd 8yr6m, ds 6yr9m, triplet girls 4yr6m

Distributor of Diono Car Seats in New Zealand www.diono.co.nz

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:49 pm

chuffed wrote:yes, do you know if that booster in the video is here in NZ?

I would love to move dd into a taller seat with 'racing car straps'

Nope! There are none that harness past 18 kgs yet. I am in the process of getting compliance and looking to import some seats that harness over 18 kgs.

MsBonbon
TNN nutter

Post by MsBonbon » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:14 am

NZ Child Restraints wrote:Hi Bonnie,

Much appreciated.

Trish

No worries.

Sorry I didn't email, was busy (as you know).

Thank You I received your update email and e-cards :) Very nice of you.
Bonnie, Working Mumma to 2 gorgeous little boys :) 3 and almost 5!
Child Passenger Safety Technician & Safe2Go Technician (used to be!) - http://www.childrestraintsafety.com

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:53 pm

MrsXsm wrote:
NZ Child Restraints wrote:Hi Bonnie,

Much appreciated.

Trish

No worries.

Sorry I didn't email, was busy (as you know).

Thank You I received your update email and e-cards :) Very nice of you.

Hi Bonnie,

I understand your reasons for not being able to email, there is no hurry but would appreciate it if you could email me some time.

Congratulations on Hayden's arrival. I sent that card before I got your message above...funny ha.

Anyway it's good to hear all is going well and that you and the hubby and bonding well with the boys and each other. :)

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:59 pm

Hi

I have been quickly browsing your site, but can't find the info on why a baby should be rear-facing as long as possible...

TIA
Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image

SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:31 pm

posh2109 wrote:Hi

I have been quickly browsing your site, but can't find the info on why a baby should be rear-facing as long as possible...

TIA

There is a little bit of info on rear facing, however I can see your point!
Check back by the end of the weekend and the information shall be available. :)

Cheers

pixeldust
TNN guru

Post by pixeldust » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:06 pm

A couple of things:

1 On your main page, the links to bookmarks do not work (Home Safety Tips Safe Traveling Tips Practice Common Faults).

The links should read:

http://www.childrestraints.co.nz/sanzcr.htm#tr

Not

http://www.childrestraints.co.nz/sanzcr.htm#tr.html

(if you have set the bookmarks within the page to "#tr" for example).

2 Under "Common Faults" and the answers page, the image click through links are incorrect. The majority are linking to "http://www.childrestraints.co.nz/images/(letter).jpg", where the actual images are .gif's. Therefore the links 404.

3 Under "Links", the second and third videos are incorrectly coded. Example:

http://www.childrestraints.co.nz/www.ch ... rmance.wmv

Should be http:///www.child-restraint-injury.com/images/video/crash_performance.wmv

I know this wasn't necessarily the feedback you were after, but I figured I might as well mention it.
Jayce

ImageImage

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:16 pm

pixeldust wrote:A couple of things:

1 On your main page, the links to bookmarks do not work (Home Safety Tips Safe Traveling Tips Practice Common Faults).

The links should read:

http://www.childrestraints.co.nz/sanzcr.htm#tr

Not

http://www.childrestraints.co.nz/sanzcr.htm#tr.html

(if you have set the bookmarks within the page to "#tr" for example).

2 Under "Common Faults" and the answers page, the image click through links are incorrect. The majority are linking to "http://www.childrestraints.co.nz/images/(letter).jpg", where the actual images are .gif's. Therefore the links 404.

3 Under "Links", the second and third videos are incorrectly coded. Example:

http://www.childrestraints.co.nz/www.ch ... rmance.wmv

Should be http:///www.child-restraint-injury.com/images/video/crash_performance.wmv

I know this wasn't necessarily the feedback you were after, but I figured I might as well mention it.

Thanks for that it is much appreciated! Have a look now and those errors should no longer be there.

This feedback is very useful and things are beginning to move forward nicely now.

Return to “Related businesses”