Didn't look
5%
Didn't work on my computer
9%

Total votes: 22

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:02 pm

just something i noticed on some pages... ya know how the blue gradually fades down to almost white? well the butter yellow font gets almost impossible to read after a while :( maybe change the font shade as the background gets lighter (bit of a pain i know..)??
:star:

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:06 am

nova wrote:just something i noticed on some pages... ya know how the blue gradually fades down to almost white? well the butter yellow font gets almost impossible to read after a while :( maybe change the font shade as the background gets lighter (bit of a pain i know..)??

Waht page is that on? as the background should be fixed and the text scroll over the top. I may have missed one page and will fix asap once I know what page it is. Will have a look and try to spot the page in the mean time. Thanks heaps for pointing that out. *Thank you thank you thank you*

Pookee
TNN guru

Post by Pookee » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:17 pm

I've noticed the yellow being difficult to read on the following pages:

Site Map
Pregnant Women
Car Seats
safety Tips
Features
Seat D ates
Clean and Store
News
Links

So basically any page with a decent amount of writing is illegible once it gets to the white background.
Mel

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:27 pm

I have run the updates and noticed that firefox does not display as does IE.

I have made it a solid colour back ground so there should not be any colour problems now!

Thanks for pointing that out.

Changes have been applied to all pages.

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:33 pm

Poll results this time:
How do you rate the site?
Excellent 22% [ 5 ] =4.84 people
Average 27% [ 6 ] = 5.95 people
Poor 36% [ 8 ] = 7.92 people
Didn't look 4% [ 1 ] = .88 people
Didn't work on my computer 9% [ 2 ] = 1.98 people.

Total Votes : 22
Mean vote = between average and poor.

Last time:
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:40 am -------------------------------------------

Stats of poll:

3.9 people say the site is excellent
4.95 people say it is average
3 people say the site is poor
0.9 people didnt look
1.95 people say the site didnt work

As there have not been many people commenting on the site, and an increase in the "poor" rating, can the people voting this (and others) please comment.

There was 15 votes last time, now there are 22 thats 7 more people and it seems most of those votes have been on "poor" but there are no comments to go with it.
The site cannot be excellent without the feedback.
This includes feedback on content, images, layout, etc

Thanks.

nzmum
TNN nerd

Post by nzmum » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:46 pm

My 2 cents :-)

- I don't like the blue background. The dark blue text is very hard to read. I find dark backgrounds tiring on the eyes. White backgrounds with dark writing is much easier to read. I know this seems petty but if something is a bit harder to read I tend to click away.

- I hate websites with a pointless "click here" page. Put your most important information on your home page and link from there.

- Things I wanted to find quickly but couldn't:
1)recommendations for seat types by age/weight/length of baby
2)When it's time to change seat type (with pictures)
3)how to get installation information
4)What to look for when buying a carseat
5)NZ standards
I'm not saying the information isn't there, just that it needs to be very easy to locate.

-I think your headings may need tweaked. For example Seat Dates - this means nothing really to a lay person. The information in there might be important, but different wording would help. For example, Seat Expiration Dates means a lot more, Car seat Life spans gives more information too. Under this heading you have good information on "after an accident", "used seats" etc but I would not have looked in here for that information.

I don't have time at the moment to look through your site properly, crying bub. Hope this information is helpful, you said you wanted criticism :)
Jannene

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:18 pm

nzmumoftwo wrote:My 2 cents :-)

- I don't like the blue background. The dark blue text is very hard to read. I find dark backgrounds tiring on the eyes. White backgrounds with dark writing is much easier to read. I know this seems petty but if something is a bit harder to read I tend to click away.

- I hate websites with a pointless "click here" page. Put your most important information on your home page and link from there.

- Things I wanted to find quickly but couldn't:
1)recommendations for seat types by age/weight/length of baby
2)When it's time to change seat type (with pictures)
3)how to get installation information
4)What to look for when buying a carseat
5)NZ standards
I'm not saying the information isn't there, just that it needs to be very easy to locate.

-I think your headings may need tweaked. For example Seat Dates - this means nothing really to a lay person. The information in there might be important, but different wording would help. For example, Seat Expiration Dates means a lot more, Car seat Life spans gives more information too. Under this heading you have good information on "after an accident", "used seats" etc but I would not have looked in here for that information.

I don't have time at the moment to look through your site properly, crying bub. Hope this information is helpful, you said you wanted criticism :)

Thank you for the feedback. I cannot do work until my exams are over and i am back from overseas. I will take your advise on board and look at the access to content and how i can make it more accessable.
As you said the content appears not to be there. It is but as you also mentioned, i do need to look at how easy this information is to find.

Thanks again :P

NZ Child Restraints

Newly updated site online

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:50 pm

New format, lots more details, new reviews coming in May!

Return to “Related businesses”