Cotton On Kids

posh
TNN oracle

Cotton On Kids

Post by posh » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:41 pm

Well, this is kinda related... related to kids and all... and a bit of a vent here!

I recently discovered Cotton On Kids and some gorgeous kids stuff that they have... I have been telling everyone how cool their stuff it...

Well, I have now changed my mind about them! I will never shop there again!

I went to exchange some items bought for Amelia for Christmas - they were 000 size (0-3 months), and Amelia is 4 months, so I thought it was best to get 3-6 months otherwise we were likely to get a week's worth of wear from the clothing!

I firstly went into Pumpkin Patch - I didn't have a receipt or exchange voucher, but they happily exchanged the items for the right size, no questions asked - and I also had an item from last season, and they just gave me a gift voucher - no questions asked.

So I went into Cotton On Kids - I received some gorgeous cargo pants - but too small - I just wanted the next size up...

Sales Assistant "Do you have a receipt?"
Me "Um, no, it was a Christmas gift"
Sales Assistant "Sorry no exchange without the receipt"
Me "But I just want the next size up"
Sales Assistant "You need a receipt"
Me "But it was a gift - you don't get receipts with gifts"
Sales Assistant "You need a receipt"

I walked out in a huff - I will not go there again - especially when I had such a great experience at Pumpkin Patch!

And, I am trying to find some contact details so I can write (and complain) to the Head Office - but I can't find any details anywhere!! So, I am using word of mouth... they will regret messing with me! :evillaugh:

Yeah, I know that I do need a receipt, but it was a gift... and all the tags were there, and when you weigh up the experience I had there to the one at Pumpkin Patch, COK definetely come out lacking.

So that is my experience with them... take from it what you will... but I wanted to let people know...
Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image

SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

flea
TNN guru

Post by flea » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:44 pm

What a shame - I do like COK clothes.

I haven't found the staff polite at the Manukau one and I when I said it was for a gift they never offered an exchange voucher. Hmmmmm stuff to think about.

But I still really love their clothes.
My Blog with Pettiskirt and Tutu Tutes
www.lostinstash.blogspot.com

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:52 pm

I must be so out of touch, Ive never heard of them :?

Ring the store tomorrow and ask over the phone about swapping you might get a manager and they might be more helpful esp if you add "well I was just at PP and they happily swapped other gifts" :wink:

Kimber
TNN nerd

Post by Kimber » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:59 pm

http://www.cottonon.com.au/

HTH, haven't had a good look around so don't know if there is contact details, but perhaps?
[img]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8039/batg2.gif[/img] Kimber
[img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/475786.png[/img] [img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/538947.png[/img]

West_Mum
TNN nerd

Post by West_Mum » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:55 pm

That totally sucks! All you wanted was a straight exchange! Most businesses will exchange an item with tags still on! It's not like you are asking for a refund. :twisted:
Liz - mum to my 3 gorgeous redheads

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:40 am

Wow thats a shocker... hopefully she was just a newbie who had been told the "lines" and left without help... I've never heard of any places taking such a hard line on changing sizes...

I would get on the phone on a weekday (managers are more likely to be there) and ask about exchanging a gift for the next size up, and then tell them that you came in and were very rudely spoken to.

If their policy is really that strict she could have been polite about it and said something like "I'm really sorry but I can't do the exchange without a till receipt, can you ask for it?" (and perhaps hold the size you want for a week so you can get what you want)...
Lisa

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:09 am

Kimber wrote:http://www.cottonon.com.au/

HTH, haven't had a good look around so don't know if there is contact details, but perhaps?

I already checked the website :( it only has head office details for Victoria and New South Wales... no head office details for New Zealand :(

My friend keeps telling me that she will go in to the store and give them a serve :lol: I do not want to be the person at the other end of that conversation! :hide:

I might try ringing them to get hold of a manager...

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

rochellej
TNN guru

Post by rochellej » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:27 am

Wow - that's terrible service! You have to wonder if they honestly think that customers don't talk to friends & most of the NZ on the internet these days :roll:

I've never purchased anything from there because the loud music puts me off even going into the shop, let alone taking the time to browse & buy anything!
Rochelle

Daniel - 2002
Maia - 2004
Ava - 2006

Tinkerbell
TNN guru

Post by Tinkerbell » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:05 am

Well thats sucky! I would defintely ring during the day and ask for a manager. They are usually more empathetic towards situations such as these. Wow she must have been a newbie. Hope you get to swap them. I have been in their shop in aucks but alas all I have now is postie plus :lol:
Pipi
Sahm

nznats
TNN guru

Post by nznats » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:08 pm

I had awesome service from them! Bought a ton of tops to go with xmas presents this year, when I couldnt find the size I was looking for the sales assistant actually came and helped me look, and recommended a bigger size to be on the safe side (I had Amalia with me so she could see what size I needed) The sales assistants seemed friendly and relaxed and very helpful in regards to sizing. Only thing I dont like about there store is it is very cramped!

I agree with them about reciepts, no reciept no refund even with tags on. You could have been someone who stole the item but stole the wrong size (not that you are but still) I always tell people ive bought clothes for that I still have the reciept if they need to exchange them for a different size, as I know how sizing differs from brand to brand. I would have done the same thing had I been the sales assistant, even if Pumpking Patch or joe bloggs refunded/swapped for you. Sucks for the customer, but unfortunately it is the nature of the beast these days, in regards to protecting there monetory interests.
Maybe when writing to them you could suggest a gift exchange card like they have at Pumpking Patch, and signage suggesting people buying as gifts get one.
Natalie! Mama to Amalia (04/04) Aston (03/07) Davien (06/08) and Kalina (05/10) Beans (05/19)

~It will all be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end ~

nikkitheknitter
TNN nerd

Post by nikkitheknitter » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:33 pm

nznats wrote: You could have been someone who stole the item but stole the wrong size (not that you are but still)

I fail to see how this means that they would lose out any less by not swapping.

I mean, I can understand not giving a refund... but changing a size?!?

I hope you get hold of the manager Posh and she is a bit more helpful.
Mama to the Red Headed Devil Child and newbie arriving late Jan 2015.

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:45 pm

I'd understand if it was a brand sold in many places maybe but their stuff is branded with Cotton on Kids so it's not like it's going out of company....

--Rodent
Image Immanuel - 6 Image Zevulun - 5 Image Amram - 4 Image Itamar - 2 Image Benaya - 1

Paws
TNN guru

Post by Paws » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:55 pm

rochellej wrote:Wow - that's terrible service! You have to wonder if they honestly think that customers don't talk to friends & most of the NZ on the internet these days :roll:

I've never purchased anything from there because the loud music puts me off even going into the shop, let alone taking the time to browse & buy anything!

I agree! We've bought a couple of thing from there last year but over all the loud music puts me off as well.

I fail to see the issue with exchanging sizes, especially in light of pumpkin patch's service (which always rocks might I add). They had the tags, they are their own label, what's the issue. Now all that has happened is that you won't touch them with a 10 foot barge pole and quite possible neither will others now.

Makes bad business sense to me.

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:36 pm

Nat, I know what you mean, about receipts and all... but a lot of my relatives are just not in the habit of giving you receipts for exchanges (probably because they buy things dirt cheap and don't want to let you know how much they did or didn't spend :wink: )... plus to me, it is a bit ungrateful to ask for a receipt from the gift-giver after all, it is a *gift*!

Paws wrote:I fail to see the issue with exchanging sizes, especially in light of pumpkin patch's service (which always rocks might I add). They had the tags, they are their own label, what's the issue. Now all that has happened is that you won't touch them with a 10 foot barge pole and quite possible neither will others now.

Makes bad business sense to me.

I really think that if I hadn't gone to PP, I wouldn't have been so mad/upset - it was the direct comparison to Pumpkin Patch which really annoyed me more and highlighted bad and good customer service.

In the end, all's well that end's well!

My darling friend went in and got me a bigger size! :D I think I just got a nasty sales person, so :booty: to that sales person and :curtaincall: to my friend! :D

I still want to complain to Head Office, but can't find any contact details :shrug: I really think they need the same exchange policy as PP (or at least gift exchange cards - instead of requiring receipts)

Petals
TNN guru

Post by Petals » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:23 pm

That sales person probably didn't know how to process an exchange, or couldn't be bothered with the paperwork. Like when you try to complain to your power company and the call centre staff tell you complaints have to be made in writing cos they can't be bothered dealing with complaints themselves :roll:
Kylie

Return to “Related businesses”