Wee Weka serged-edge fitted/contour/snap-in booster/cover

Happi
TNN guru

Post by Happi » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:12 pm

oh !

is the pattern ok for selling on?
Paulette
mummy to Zachary 19, Abigail 18, Sh'Kyna 16, Elisheva 14, Michel ~0~, Davi-Ann 12, Thaddeus 10, Benaiah 9, Katriel 6, Rafayella 5, Eibhilinn 19 mo, someone new dec14

snugglebumz
TNN nerd

Post by snugglebumz » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:41 pm

i don't think this pattern or other free patterns are allowed to be used to sell as nappies unless you have the pattern makers permission, I would say no you can't sell nappies made from this pattern
Ruth, mum to 4 beautiful children

my new blog http://mypreciousfamily.wordpress.com/
Charlotte at about 7 months old ----------------------->>>>>
creator and maker of snugglebumz nappies
velour towelling is avaliable, pm me if interested

annalisef
TNN nerd

Post by annalisef » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:52 pm

It looks as if this is an overseas website/member, judging by shipping options given. Perhaps jcburningham needs to be made aware of the fact that patterns from TNN cannot be used for onselling nappies.
DS 17/01/08

Arguing with an engineer like my DH is like mud wrestling with a pig - after a while you realise that the pig is enjoying it.

Dog training :paw:, nappy making :TNN1:, and now knitting :Knitting:!

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up ladies.

Just sent her a PM so I can check she's received it...
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

jcburningham

Post by jcburningham » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:46 am

I just wanted to clarify that I made my diaper using this pattern as a guideline. I have changed it a lot and didn't mean to imply that I stole it. If you have ever made cloth diapers you will know that the pattern tends to change to fit your needs.

Joyce
TNN newbie

Post by Joyce » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:44 pm

Hello Ladies,

I am new to cloth diapering and have made some leaky diapers so I am in search of a better design. I have been making PUL covers with a 4 layer hemp fleece snap-in soaker (basically an AIO). I am not sure of the problem but I have some general questions for you:

1.With the serged wee weka contour fitted pattern – do I need to make a separate cover? If so, have any of you had success with Katrina’s sew quick soaker cover over it?
2.Any tips on fabrics or patterns specifically for nighttime? In addition to making diapers for my 11 month old, I also want to make some overnight dipes for my 3 and 4 year old. I made one for my 3 year old and he soaked right through it!
3.Since I am from the USA I don’t know what BKT and wincey are. Are there other names for those fabrics?

I am so glad to have found you as my DH is very sick of hearing about my diapering woes!
Mom to:
Kailee (7)
Andrew (4)
Jonathan (3)
Daniel (11 mo)

helennz
TNN nerd

Post by helennz » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:26 pm

I have used Katrina's Quick sew cover over some fitteds, but not homemade ones. I made them from polar fleece and they work great, no leaks. Yes you will need a separate cover.
Helen: Ask me about the Dunedin snap press, demo kit, newborn hire kit, handknit soakers and longies
Mum to Sam, Mollie and Meghan
I blog here: [url]http://purplefish.g.org.nz[/url]

helennz
TNN nerd

Post by helennz » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:27 pm

I made it for my 2 year old who fits an XL.
Helen: Ask me about the Dunedin snap press, demo kit, newborn hire kit, handknit soakers and longies
Mum to Sam, Mollie and Meghan
I blog here: [url]http://purplefish.g.org.nz[/url]

Tentacles
TNN guru

Post by Tentacles » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:23 pm

Do you have absorbant layers in your cover as well or just in the snap in part? If it's just the snap in then you may need a layer of something faster absorbing like microfibre or terry towelling as hemp on it's own can be a bit slow to absorb and might be causing leaks? Can't help with a cover pattern sorry.
Alison - Currently SAHM to DS (04/07) and DD (09/10).

http://kiwicraftychemist.blogspot.com

jannyf
TNN addict

Post by jannyf » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:48 pm

Joyce -

BKT - Burley Knit Terry - Gorgeous soft, stretchy knit fabric with long thick loops. Great for boosters, towels, bathrobes, absorbent layers in fitted nappies...

85% cotton / 15% polyester for durability

Natural colour

Very thick and thirsty

165cm wide

Wincey - is flannel/flannelette.

mama anne
TNN nerd

Post by mama anne » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:52 pm

bamboo is great for overnights - it takes an AGE to dry but thats because its so absorbent.
Working Mama of miss7yo and mr5yo.

Joyce
TNN newbie

Post by Joyce » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:30 am

Tentacles wrote:Do you have absorbant layers in your cover as well or just in the snap in part? If it's just the snap in then you may need a layer of something faster absorbing like microfibre or terry towelling as hemp on it's own can be a bit slow to absorb and might be causing leaks? Can't help with a cover pattern sorry.

The cover had PUL on outside and just flannel on inside with the snap in hemp cotton fleece. I was trying to avoid using microfleece but it seems like I will need to use it on top of the hemp for faster absorption.

I am confused about the serged wee weka contour/fitted/soaker. I am not supposed to make all three in one diaper, right? Do I either make the fitted with the contour or the fitted with the soaker? Maybe the contour is sewn into the fitted? When I looked at the picture of these diapers I could only see the fitted and the snap in soaker. What's the contour for? :oops:

Thanks for the help on the fabrics and cover, too!
Mom to:
Kailee (7)
Andrew (4)
Jonathan (3)
Daniel (11 mo)

jannyf
TNN addict

Post by jannyf » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:44 am

I also asked about the contour line -

http://thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB2/vi ... hp?t=32653

jannyf
TNN addict