Page 1 of 1

Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:55 pm
by ariayla
I recently purchased the pattern and finally got around to sewing some nappies for M.

Its nice and easy to sew (When you dont cut the tabs off cause you didnt read the instructions), but next time will set the tummy snaps down a bit further from the edge as I had issues getting the sewing machine around the corners once they were snapped. Definatley cant top stitch it. I love that you get the extra snap placement pattern piece with this, makes it alot easier.

Nappy on small setting.
tiny tuckin.jpg
tiny tuckin.jpg (97.15 KiB) Viewed 4690 times
Butterfly Nappy Small setting, Pink Fairy largest setting
tuckins.jpg
tuckins.jpg (100.27 KiB) Viewed 4777 times

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:31 am
by ditto
They look lovely :) You won't have to sew past the snaps (except the side ones) if you do the tummy seam first. Also you'll get it fitting for longer if the second wing snaps are further over. Love that fairy PUL!

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:45 am
by Chooky
Very nice :)

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:53 am
by ariayla
ditto wrote:They look lovely :) You won't have to sew past the snaps (except the side ones) if you do the tummy seam first. Also you'll get it fitting for longer if the second wing snaps are further over. Love that fairy PUL!
Yeah the side one was the biggest issue but I think it was because these were the first nappies I have sewn in ages so am a bit out of practice. So the 2nd wing snap you recon to move it over another snap placement?

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:50 am
by ariayla
Action shot in OP.

Loving the fit of this nappy and the fact its not bulky when on the small setting, great knowing that as she grows I wont have to make her more nappies.

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:05 am
by drlauren
ariayla wrote: Its nice and easy to sew (When you dont cut the tabs off cause you didnt read the instructions), but next time will set the tummy snaps down a bit further from the edge as I had issues getting the sewing machine around the corners once they were snapped. Definatley cant top stitch it. I love that you get the extra snap placement pattern piece with this, makes it alot easier.
tuckins.jpg
I have found this with a few patterns till i discovered that it was easier if i shifted my needle over to the left, like when you are doing manual buttonholes on some machines or with the zig-zag width slider on my machine.

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:13 am
by ariayla
drlauren wrote:
ariayla wrote: Its nice and easy to sew (When you dont cut the tabs off cause you didnt read the instructions), but next time will set the tummy snaps down a bit further from the edge as I had issues getting the sewing machine around the corners once they were snapped. Definatley cant top stitch it. I love that you get the extra snap placement pattern piece with this, makes it alot easier.
tuckins.jpg
I have found this with a few patterns till i discovered that it was easier if i shifted my needle over to the left, like when you are doing manual buttonholes on some machines or with the zig-zag width slider on my machine.
Oh good idea, will try this with another lot im making for a friend.

Re: Ditto's Tiiny Tuck-In Nappy

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:31 am
by lilmonster
Love this pattern - love the higher rise with on it :D i brought one of stardusts tiny tuck in nappies and absolutly love it - it been worn everyday since recieving it hehe :D gota love this nice weather to get nappies dried. It fits my dd on the large rise tighest setting, cant wait to try it on a n/b