Funky Bumz Semifolds, Boosters & Liners

TNN oracle

Funky Bumz Semifolds, Boosters & Liners

Post by Dunners » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:08 pm

Available from

I originally bought the Semifold with self-fastening (loop and hook) bits attached, I liked the concept of the nappy, but the loop and hook didn't seem to work for me (apart from being difficult to wash, it didn't sit right on Em). So, I unpicked the loop and hook pieces and I now have a fantastic nappy that I secure with a single pin. The semifold is available as a pin-fastening design, I'm assuming it's what I now have.

I really like using the semifold - it is really absorbent, so I use it for long sleep times.

I also really like the booster, which has a fleece lining attached. It is a large booster and really absorbent.

The separate liner is a fleece wrap styled liner. I'm not sure what type of microfleece it is, but it cleans up really well and still looks great. I like the idea of a wrap type liner, it helps keep poo off the nappy!
I'll comment about the fleece cover under the covers section.
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:44 pm

I had a lot of trouble with the velco, which didnt fit properly, so had to cross it over in an X to make it stick to the velcro in the front, i.e. too short for my chubby 7 month old. Also VERY bulky in the front compared to the 4-5 brands of fitteds I have, even without the booster. It was hard to get the cover on, which wet through at the first wee, but Im a big wool fan anyway.
My friend trialled them also, and we both agreed that they would have been a good cheap option had they worked.
We both like the booster a lot because it is nice and big, allowing some great wicking!
I'd rate the actual nappy a 1

Funky Bumz
TNN newbie

Funky Bumz Semi fold

Post by Funky Bumz » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:54 pm

Yes, I understand this has been a problem for some, but I have listened and now the nappy is easy and a great fit, it has had some modifications and is very popular now.
Angela Dixon

Return to “Inserts, boosters etc”