real nappy week 08??

0ebuny
TNN nerd

real nappy week 08??

Post by 0ebuny » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:24 pm

has anything been started about this yet? has anyone started thinking about it ?

im assuming theres probly a thred ive missed.

anyone know what the dates are for it
BEX

wahm to Mikayla waterbirth on 7/3/05, tristan 4/2/07 and Akasha (unplanned homebirth) 25/4/11
one angel baby Zane

Bum Basics: cheak out our facebook page were having a big sale.

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:38 pm

I enquired wen uk about this back in July and the reply is below:
Thanks for your email. It is great to hear that RNW has been such a success
for you, and lovely to witness how it gradually became a truly international
campaign.

I regret that no dates have been set for RNW 2008 yet. The reason for that
being no obvious funding source for the campaign. You may know that the Real
Nappy Alliance, a body made up of 12 RN businesses, is in the process of
taking over the Real Nappy Campaign (that funded RNW) together with the
Cornish Real Nappy Project. WEN was involved in discussions and will be on
the board. We were informed that some funding will be available for RNW but
I haven't got any more information at this stage as the takeover hasn't been
finalised.

As soon as we have any news and set the dates, we will put up information on
our website. I apologise for not being able to provide more information.

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:47 pm

oh look, i just went to the website and saw that there's a date set!!!!!!
Thank you so much for the reminder 0ebuny!

It's the week of 21-28 April 2008

http://www.wen.org.uk/nappies/index.htm

from the learnings of this year, some of us in Akl discussed the need for appointing national roles (eg Advertising) working with regional coordinators in order that we get economies of scale etc. And that we could have the same theme across the country but still have regional flavours. Thoughts? Objections? Suggestions? VOLUNTEERS?????!!!!!
It does take up a lot of time so please let me know what your capacity to help is like.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:37 pm

I'm thinking that it would be a really good idea for me to get my A into G about bag (and maybe kid's tee shirt) options, prices etc. so we've got some chance to have them ready before Real Nappy Week.

My latest thinking on tee shirts (which everybody will probably hate and shoot me down in flames over :? ) is this:
- Three sizes of kids tee shirt (6 month, 1 year and 2 year)
- White with blue or green text (one colour to save expense)
- Printed with the TNN logo (modified for one colour) in the top right corner (of the wearer)
- And (don't shoot me!) with "More Colour Down Under" in the front centre.
- (Maybe with "thenappynetwork.org.nz" along the hem).

With the bags I need to get prices on options and then do a poll on what people prefer/ are prepared to pay for (ie: organicly grown, sturdy, cheap, compact, fit supermarket checkout frames etc, etc).

Unfortunately I doubt I will get any of this done before Christmas.
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

Emma
TNN guru

Post by Emma » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:42 pm

I can volunteer to do something I think - although I'm not thinking too clearly due to Christmas/end of year over committments :roll: :lol:
Emma
Mum to 5 lovely children

figi9
TNN nerd

Post by figi9 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:16 pm

I'm in again for the West Coast side of things, but we're pretty small here, well it's just me really, so i don't know what help i could be for others, but will definately do as much as i can up and down the coast. I'd like to get to a couple more of the other towns this year.

The t-shirt, bag idea is great. What about bumper stickers with some catchy phrase?
Hirekits avaliable. 3 x NB/SM and a Med/Lrg. Especially on the West Coast or South Island fimale99@hotmail.com

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10751;448/st/20050610/n/Miko+ArtStar/dt/18/k/918e/age.png[/img]

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wSi8zMa/weight.png[/img]

MrsTwoTwo
TNN nerd

Post by MrsTwoTwo » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:54 am

im in for hawkes bay- would love to promote MCNS here! we have alot of "closet" users! :lol:
Julia; mummy to a beautiful scruffy 7 year old
and my special 4yr old little man!!!
Ruby and Jade my two little Gemstones are now here!!
2x :angel: :(

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:01 am

Might be able to try something. Not too keen to do all the organisational stuff again. Will ask around :D
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

waitakereCloth
TNN newbie

Post by waitakereCloth » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:43 am

clothconvert here :)

i'm starting to feel overwhelmed at the thought of what needs to be organised for this event (and it is times like this i want Nova's emoticon talent!!!!)

Not thinking local community yet, as there a few BIG things to coordinate first that I can think of:

1) Volunteer needed to source Signage for Community Boards

There are lots of free community noticeboards around, allocated for Not For Profit groups like us to advertise on (think where you might have seen the likes of ads for Teddys bear Picnic :D ) The catch is that the signs must be professionally signwritten. Here's what Kelly (kb) found out for Akl in our last RNW planning:

They are to be made on 5-7mm thick coreflute, and are sized between 1200x1200 or 1100x815, depending on site.

Who wants to volunteer for this job? You will need to find the best quotes so we know how many signages we (TNN Inc) can afford/want to get.

2) Cloth Expo.

The opportunity to sell their products at the Auckland RNW Expo this year was very well received by WAHMs. Unfortunately, it was a late decision and we only had space for 6-7 WAHMs. For 2008, can we go BIG? As in the concept of a P&C show, Dolls show, Quilt & Craft Show - so a MCN expo in the bigger cities like Akl, Wgtn, and Christchurch? This will be a huge undertaking, so a volunteer is needed urgently to contact all the MCN wahms. You will need to write or call the wahms as not all wahms are on this forum on a regular basis. I will let you know in detail the sort of info you will need to give the WAHMs.

I have asked Stacey to set up a RNW 2008 section and this thread will be moved to it then.

Cheers,
CC

waitakereCloth
TNN newbie

Post by waitakereCloth » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:55 am

Kaz wrote:Might be able to try something. Not too keen to do all the organisational stuff again. Will ask around :D

you posted while I was still composing my post - but yes, Kaz, I absolutely know the feeling! I think that shows too how much work it was for the few of us that have been involved in RNW coordinating teams, and the stress of it all.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:23 pm

I've had another idea.

Has TNN ever had an article/feature in Littlies Magazine? If not (or maybe even so), perhaps we could talk to the editor and ask if they would be interested in doing an article in their April issue to coincide with RNW.
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

mummyjems
TNN nerd

Post by mummyjems » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:00 pm

Sorry if I sound a bit dumb but I think I joined TNN just after or around the time of RNW this year and was so overwhelmed with coming to terms with MCN's that anything else was too much...so now the dumb question...
:oops: What exactly is involved in RNW??? :oops:
Jems
Happily married to Tim since 2002, Mum to Caleb (June '04), Caitlin (December '06)

bee
TNN addict

Post by bee » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:20 pm

waitakereCloth wrote:

2) Cloth Expo.

The opportunity to sell their products at the Auckland RNW Expo this year was very well received by WAHMs. Unfortunately, it was a late decision and we only had space for 6-7 WAHMs. For 2008, can we go BIG? As in the concept of a P&C show, Dolls show, Quilt & Craft Show - so a MCN expo in the bigger cities like Akl, Wgtn, and Christchurch? This will be a huge undertaking, so a volunteer is needed urgently to contact all the MCN wahms. You will need to write or call the wahms as not all wahms are on this forum on a regular basis. I will let you know in detail the sort of info you will need to give the WAHMs.

I have asked Stacey to set up a RNW 2008 section and this thread will be moved to it then.

Cheers,
CC

Would love to help out in this area...
DS1 ~ March 03
DS2 ~ Aug 08

mygirls
TNN nerd

Post by mygirls » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:21 pm

I have a BIL who is a printer so I'm sure he will be able to get us good prices for anything that needs to be printed - t-shirts, baby clothes, banners and maybe signs. I do know that he is really busy until after Christmas but I should be able to get a quote. I did ask him before for quotes for t-shirts but he never got back to me so I can chase him up, quotes for clothes vary quite a lot depending on the quality.

I will give him a call this week and see if he can make the signs that are needed.
Ella (Aug 03), Lottie (May 06) and ......

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://bd.lilypie.com/nmqOp12/.png[/img][/url]

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:24 pm

bee wrote:
waitakereCloth wrote:

2) Cloth Expo.

Cheers,
CC

Would love to help out in this area...

I'm happy to help with this as well. Bee what area are you in? Cause I'm thinking if there are a few of us, we could tackle a region each??

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”