RNW '08 Christchurch

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:02 pm

On the index page I can see fnk has posted, but when I open this thread I can't see the post. :?

Please post again if it's anything that I need to read. TIA. :D
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Going button-crazy here. http://www.buttonsbybenji.blogspot.com/

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:03 pm

AAARGH, what's going on with this thread? My post, that should be last, has just jumped up above Kaz's post about the event being filmed.
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:04 pm

OK, I've figured out what is going one. Posts are being shown in time order.
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:07 pm

Just warning people that the Journalism school will be filming on Saturday. You need to tell them if you do not want to be filmed/interviewed. They are filming for Metro News CTV(?)
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:12 pm

How are you feeling Karen?

I am so sorry I cannot commit to helping on Saturday. The in-laws will be here over the weekend (although I will be looking for any way to escape from them) and Dh has meetings on Saturday from 10am-2pm which means if I go anywhere I will have all 5 kids with me. And that means that I will not be much help to anyone. It is really going to depend on the kids as to whether I make it over to see you all.

I wish there was more I could do!
Mum of 6

gabes
TNN nerd

Post by gabes » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:18 pm

hannah wrote: Will have to organise picking it up as I'll miss the finish of the expo due to 9th b'day madness ;)

I can do that, drop it off to you Hannah

I will be there for the whole time with just baby (yay!). I will be babywearing

I can also give someone a ride if needed. I will have an Estima with just me and the baby :lol: or if there are boxes or whatever that need taking over.I am happy to pick up peeps from south/east areas (we are in st martins) and have bolts all over for carseats

I will do some baking

Nappy art entry from me is not going to happen funnily enough

Something for the raffle...Nic can I just get some foodie things from the supermarket? LMK. I could possibly get some bootees done if there were other baby related items????LMK

DIY display I can bring some soakers/longies. If I get a chance I might be able to unpack my printer and do some sort of info sheet//list of free patterns??? Yes?

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:35 pm

So far for the raffle we have been promised:

6x Cheeky wipes
1x Little Buttons Pocket
Nappy Lotion
Something Outrageous

Hoping more to come :D Would $1 a ticket and one prize be OK? It just makes it easier for dropping a prize off.
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

hannah
TNN guru

Post by hannah » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:43 pm

Thanks Gabes for the offer :D We're just over the hill in Sumner, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pop back at 1.30 though to grab it (or I'll send dp ;) )

Is it worth having some nappy cuts etc for sale? maybe Bumbles could supply some to have at the diy table?

Would it be ok to put a nappy making kit in the raffle? ie pocket style with some preprinted patterns (or just links to download them)....hmmmm I'm sure theres something else I was going to suggest :roll:

...oh yes does anyone have backboards to hang things up on?
Hannah, mama of M 15yrs ♥ , L 13yrs ♥ and A 3yrs ♥
2 teens, 1 preschooler-eeek!

http://www.locket.co.nz

hannah
TNN guru

Post by hannah » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:49 pm

Hanging diy nappy samples like this would be cool :D

Does anyone in chch have one of those fabric sample books that someone made a while ago? Could we get together friday, or an evenings ok for me, to put something together?Happy to have at my place :D or whatever.
Hannah, mama of M 15yrs ♥ , L 13yrs ♥ and A 3yrs ♥
2 teens, 1 preschooler-eeek!

http://www.locket.co.nz

penguin
TNN newbie

Post by penguin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:13 pm

Would be great to have someone help set up as my massive bump slows me down now, but if not thats okay. What do we need in the way of kitchen supplies. From memory there is a roll of newsprint there for the kids table and I can probably find some stuff here. I think DIY kits on the table would be great if it's not too late to organise, and as a prize I think would also be good. I have a snap press if you want to borrow it but of course wont be able to supervise that table as I will be there in a CCC capicity. I have the blow up bouncy thingy for the kids area but would need help to blow it up because i'm short on breath these days. I can also provide a couple of gym mats for the kids area but not fencing.
And I can be available for a meeting almost anytime this week.

Joanne
TNN nerd

Post by Joanne » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Dunners wrote:Oh, and Lisa - if you're reading this and can come, I'd love to have a play with the sling library if you can bring it with you.

sling library will be there.
Wife to M, Mum to DS 2/02, DD1 3/05, and DD2 1/07

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:17 pm

Yay! Can post again!

penguin wrote:Would be great to have someone help set up as my massive bump slows me down now, but if not thats okay.

We can be there - just LMK what time. And how to find it :oops: And what kitchen supplies (are you meaning the coffee/milk etc or cups?)

Gabes - we can always pick you & M up ;) We might be going earlier than you planned though.

I did make a Nappy Art entry last night. It's not great, but oh well, will fill some space. I'll bring my washing racks & pegs incase we have few other options for displaying DIY/art things.

I do have the GB sample book.

Do I need to bring our coffee table for kids to work at too?

We're right for big tables though, right?

Thanks Joanne - look forward to having a wee play with the baby carriers ;)
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:36 pm

I won't be able to make it; have my personal trainer booked and then my spinning class so I'm all booked up! Have fun everyone.
There's also the fact that Ian is impossible at this sort of thing and I don't want to have to call the police again for him.
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Laura
TNN guru

Post by Laura » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:42 pm

ive just got involved - last min i know but at least i can make it.
i sell QuinnyBum nappies and this will be the first expo i have done.
i keen to help out if needed.

i look forward to meeting all of you lovely ladies
The reason I am the person I have become!
Our journey from IVF to Freya http://babybuilding.wordpress.com

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:14 pm

OT, but Laura that cake in your avatar is absolutely gorgeous! Is it your wedding cake? Did you make it?
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”