RNW '08 Christchurch

hannah
TNN guru

Post by hannah » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:17 pm

I can't stay long on the day :( Lucas turns 9 on tues :shock: We've had to change his party to Sat 26th, so his bestest friend can come. I should be in Lytels for setting up, but will have to run away about 11.30ish. Sorry!!
Hannah, mama of M 15yrs ♥ , L 13yrs ♥ and A 3yrs ♥
2 teens, 1 preschooler-eeek!

http://www.locket.co.nz

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:57 am

Well, I've heard nothing from Progressive, so I'm not holding out any hope for grocery vouchers. :(

Are we still planning on having a raffle? I can bring a few things for raffle prizes and could make up tickets if needed. :P
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Going button-crazy here. http://www.buttonsbybenji.blogspot.com/

hannah
TNN guru

Post by hannah » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:28 pm

I'll donate a few raffle things (necklace, bibs, taggy maybe) Could we all meet up next week?

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:43 pm

How about meet at my house Monday 10am :D
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:00 pm

Sorry, can't make it tomorrow.
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:34 pm

Hi, if anyone was planning on coming tomorrow, sorry we have sick people and will have to cancel.
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

hannah
TNN guru

Post by hannah » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:20 pm

Phew as it was going to be a juggle to make it. Hope you guys are all better soon. Is it still yukko tummy bugs? :( Let me know if there's anything I can do to help with RNW while you're out of action.

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:13 pm

Would be fab to have a meeting but I think it's not going to happen :(

Sorry, going to fire a few things off the top of my head and will get back and answer questions later. Still feeling lethargic post tummy bug :?

#1 Anna we need to have 10-12 table set up - do you need someone to help you with this?

#2 Raffle, Nic can I leave this in your capable hands?

#3 Is the DIY demo stuff sorted?

#4 Who is actually going to be their to help?

#5 Are we going to have some muffins/biscuits to sell or is that in the too hard basket :oops: it is at our house as our kitchen is spread between 2 rooms.

#6 Is someone able to bring things to keep children occupied? We have the colouring/collage activity - is there a volunteer to get thins organised. I may be able to find a large bottle of glue and fabric scraps.

#7 Raffle prizes and Nappy Art prizes - are there some more lurking out there?

#8 Anything I've missed?

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:31 pm

I've really dropped the ball on this one.

We will be there (me, DH, kids) for the entire time. Can be there early to set up. Can stay on to pack up.

I will bring some baking, at least for us NNers to nibble on.

Do I need to bring our plastic jungle-gym climber thingy for the kids to play on?

Don't recall what DIY stuff we'd talked about. Can anyone remember? I can bring sewing stuff if needed...

Oh, and Lisa - if you're reading this and can come, I'd love to have a play with the sling library if you can bring it with you.

I'm completely uninspired re making a Nappy Art item - will see, I have a few days...
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:35 pm

Hi Kaz, hope everyone is feeling better at your place soon.

#2 Raffle, Nic can I leave this in your capable hands?

Yes, I'll bring some tickets and a couple of prizes. Any other donated prizes gratefully accepted on the day. :D Depending on how much we get it might be just 1 prize, or perhaps we can have a first and second prize if we gather together enough. I think anything will be fine for prizes, so perhaps some toiletry or candle set you've been given and don't have a need for, or a nappy product, or a double-up child's toy etc.

#3 Is the DIY demo stuff sorted?

Sorry, don't know about this.

#4 Who is actually going to be their to help?

Nicci

#5 Are we going to have some muffins/biscuits to sell or is that in the too hard basket it is at our house as our kitchen is spread between 2 rooms.

Probably in the too hard basket, but small luxury baking/chocolates/relish/pickle etc. could probably be incorporated in the raffle prizes if they are available.

#6 Is someone able to bring things to keep children occupied? We have the colouring/collage activity - is there a volunteer to get thins organised. I may be able to find a large bottle of glue and fabric scraps.

Gosh, I was supposed to be doing something for this wasn't I? I can bring fabric scraps and some glue, and if I get time I'll throw together an A4 sheet with TNN logo baby on it for kids to decorate. Otherwise I'll bring some blank paper.

#7 Raffle prizes and Nappy Art prizes - are there some more lurking out there?

See #2

#8 Anything I've missed?

Not that I can think of - looks like a great :P list.
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:42 am

Right, raffle tickets are done, collage sheet done and printed (only 20 - do we think that is enough? Plus heaps of extra blank paper), and some wee raffle prizes sourced. :D
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

hannah
TNN guru

Post by hannah » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:52 am

I'll definitely have some things to add to the raffle. Can I drop them off somewhere before the day? I have a kids school table (low formica one) that I could bring over the hill. Will have to organise picking it up as I'll miss the finish of the expo due to 9th b'day madness ;)

What time are we meeting Saturday morn?

I can bring diy stuff too. Is someone sewing or is it more a display thing?

Minty
TNN oracle

Post by Minty » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:34 am

Hannah, if you want to drop raffle stuff off to me let me know and I'll let you know my address, but if you want to bring them on the day that will be fine. :D
Nic
Two funny, gorgeous DDs.

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:24 pm

DIY stuff for display would be great :D can't see enough helpers to have someone sew.

Hoping everyone is baby wearing and can answer lots of questions - will have to talk to Lisa about borrowing some of the sling library.

At the moment I think I am still suffering from the bug with bouts of dizzyness and nausea, will have to make a judgement call about Saturday nearer the time :(

Formica table sounds fab, can someone take it back to Hannah - our car will be too full :lol:

Anything else?

fnk
TNN nerd

Post by fnk » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:25 pm

Planning to be there on sat for as much of the time as I can - now I've remembered about it #-o
Though it is on my calendar - just helps to actually read the calendar occasionally ;)
Lucy 12/4/05 & Tristan 10/6/07

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”