Hamilton - Waikato

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:42 am

Netty wrote:For our RNW poster we would love to get a photo of lots of children all together, all wearing cloth nappies. If you would be willing to have your child(ren) in this photo, meet at my place at 10am on Tuesday - if this day/time isn't suitable suggest another that would suit you better and we'll see what suits most people. Dress them in their best nappy and a t-shirt to match :D

But I'm thinking the lake would make a better backdrop for this (especially considering how dry and brown the park is atm) so we'll meet there instead.
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

the nappy lady
TNN addict

Post by the nappy lady » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:06 am

Hi Guys I am shocked that no one has made an attempt to contact me in regards to what I am doing in Hamilton. I have not been on here for about 3 weeks and have had no Idea what plans were going on. I am surprised that you are doing an expo at the same place that I am presenting and with no thought given to perhaps asking what I have planned or if it will fit in or not.
The Nappy Lady
www.TheNappyLady.co.nz

www.NappyDays.co.nz

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:30 am

?? I thought you were presenting at the enviro centre?

and I hate it say it... But why didnt you contact the organisers of TNNs Hamilton RNW to let them know what you were doing? you cant expect a bunch of busy mothers to run around after you keeping tabs surely?? Plus Id say what nappy days does isnt directly linked with what TNN does for RNW unless you arrange it with the organisers and involve them with your planning.
The last we heard you were at the envirocentre the weekend before.
IMO anyway.

Netty... heres hoping its not windy... (hold on just checked... its tuesday today :shock: :lol: woops tolate! darn long weekends) Hope you got some pretty pics, Jakes sick at the mo so not keen to stripp him off at the lake :shock:
Will be at this weeks cino with the kit see you all then 8-) (Will you have posters to hand out by then? Do you need some donated $$ towards printing cost?? let me know)

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:33 am

and netty... what are you doing online at 4am :shock:

the nappy lady
TNN addict

Post by the nappy lady » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Ethan's Mum wrote:Hi Sarah

You could contact Kate for more info. 027 22 11 242 or 0800 Tots Bots.

:D
The Nappy Lady
www.TheNappyLady.co.nz

www.NappyDays.co.nz

SarahS
TNN convert

Post by SarahS » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:43 pm

Hey Kate - I'm the one who emailed you about the upcoming event - thanks for your reply - issue is being printed this week :D

How did the photo shoot go??

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:44 pm

Sarah was writing an article in her mag, Not organising RNW.
She obviously found enough information without having to call you.

SarahS
TNN convert

Post by SarahS » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:57 pm

Yep I just emailed to verify a few things - all good.
Unfortunately article is a little short due to space constraints - but does have all the main information about when-where-why and is quite prominent.

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:15 pm

8-) anythings better then nothing :wink: Thank you Sarah :D

SarahS
TNN convert

Post by SarahS » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:43 pm

This is the ad in LARGE and BOLD in my Autumn Whats on Guide - right under the Balloon Festival. Any comments (prints Friday).

It does look a little bit funny both being at the same place I guess? Just checking before it goes to print that we won't do the same day or anything?? The Sat has the advantage that quite a lot of parents go to the Parents Centre that day to exchange toys at the library.

Real Nappy Week—21-28 April 2008 -
Find out more about modern cloth nappies (thenappynetwork.org.nz) - if you’re curious to find out more about cloth nappies come along—friendly and helpful advice!
Saturday 26th April, 8am-2pm
Real Nappy Week Expo, Free entry Door prizes
Parents Place, Boundary Rd,
Sunday 27th April 2008 10am-12pm
2hr Cloth Nappy Workshop by Kate from Nappy Days, Parents Place, Boundary Rd

SarahS
TNN convert

Post by SarahS » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:29 pm

Added extra times for Kate - hope this all looks OK.....

Find out more about modern cloth nappies - if you’re curious to find out more about cloth nappies come along—friendly and helpful advice about where to start and all the options.
Real Nappy Week Expo, Saturday 26th April, 8am-2pm
Free entry Door prizes Parents Place, Boundary Rd,

2hr Cloth Nappy Workshop Sunday 27th April 2008 10am-12pm & 1pm-3pm
Kate from Nappy Days will be presenting, Parents Place, Boundary Rd

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:57 pm

sounds good Sarah 8-)

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:46 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: Photo shoot went a bit pear shaped.

Bex sent a text about 8am to confirm time and place, however I read what I expected to see ie: lake, when Bex had written park.
So while I was madly getting ready to go to the lake, Bex, Leanne and Michelle were waiting out the back of my place to do the photos :oops: :oops: :oops: So don't I feel an absolute womble :roll:

Bex took some photos of the three boys and some of our DD's when I arrived back (Leanne and Michelle had had to leave at this point).

So I we've yet to see how they turned out. As we didn't get them all together we might do individual cut-out photos of each child and put them in each corner of the poster (or a row at top and bottom if we get more photos). We'll have to see what we've got to work with.

Mel - I was up because DH started work at 4:45 - and I couldn't get back to sleep (that's probably why I misread the text too).
I don't think we're having a napicino this week, but if you're over this way I wouldn't mind having a nosey at the kit anyway - lmk.
Netty, Mum to:

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:09 pm

:lol: I am never over that way unless theres a cino :lol:
Ill bring it next week, its not like you have to do anything with it? so still a few weeks to go yet. 8-) PLus Ill be there on the day so if worse comes to worse Ill bring it then :lol:

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:06 pm

:oops: Oops, I forgot to write this message.

If anybody has got photos of there little people in mcn and are willing to have them on a public poster you can e-mail them to Bex and she'll do the cut-out thing with which ever photos she thinks will work best on it (so she may or may not end up using yours, but the more she's got, the more choices she's got to work with.)
Netty, Mum to:

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”