Hamilton - Waikato

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:15 pm

That all sounds like a great programme. I'll put up posters - have PM'd you. Good luck with the displays!

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:59 am

If any of you ladies get The Waikato Times our RNW article will hopefully be in there today or tomorrow. :D

Other than that I think Bex or myself will see most of you either at displays or the expo. Thanks to everybody for your help so far and let's make this week a success. :D
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:05 pm

Just letting you know I got some posters up in a couple of supermarkets and the birth centres (tried to get them up where the antenatal classes were being held) and will do some more today as I'm out and about. Good luck with the stalls and the expo!
Will check out the WT tonight and tomorrow.

sassydot

Post by sassydot » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Netty did you want that rainbow fitted I have?

What time at Woolies on Friday?
I should be able to make it on some of Saturday too

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi guys

What number Boundary Rd is the Parents' Place?

Looking forward to coming down :D

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:32 pm

oh, and the expo starts at 8am, so is set-up earlier than that?

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:37 pm

Ethan's Mum wrote:Hi guys

I cant remember the number but there is a sign, its hard to find and is tucked away. (how well do you know Hamilton??) Its op. a hall and is at the five cross rds/mcds/shell end of boundary rd (Did I just get you lost and confused :? :lol: )
But...At least theres no valentines hiding the room :wink: :oops: :lol:
(and woah 8am start is going to be an early day for you lot :shock: )

Has anyone thought about making a (big and bold) sign to stick out on the curb saying Modern Cloth Nappy expo??

sassydot

Post by sassydot » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:05 pm

Mel wrote:

Has anyone thought about making a (big and bold) sign to stick out on the curb saying Modern Cloth Nappy expo??

After seeing all the sandwich-board advertising over the weekend, I just had a crazy vision of someone wearing a giant cloth nappy jumping around on Boundary road with a big sandwich board on :? :oops:

...bags not me...

:lol:

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:07 pm

Mel wrote:
Ethan's Mum wrote:Hi guys

I cant remember the number but there is a sign, its hard to find and is tucked away. (how well do you know Hamilton??) Its op. a hall and is at the five cross rds/mcds/shell end of boundary rd (Did I just get you lost and confused :? :lol: )
But...At least theres no valentines hiding the room :wink: :oops: :lol:
(and woah 8am start is going to be an early day for you lot :shock: )

Thanks Mel. I lived in HLZ for a while for uni & DH visits there for work, so we should hopefully be able to find it. Thanks for the landmarks to look out for :D

And yes, 8am is going to be a very early start!! Ethan's usually having his morning boobie feed at 8am!! We haven't decided yet whether we'll come down Fri night or leave before the crack of dawn on Saturday. :-k

If it was starting at 10am that would be much better :wink: :lol:

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:31 am

87 Boundry Road. Is that directly opposite the immigrates services hall thingee, or east or west of it?

I think if we get there just before eight we should be fine (I hope)

Maybe I could get my 7yo to jump around in a nappy but it won't be very warm and I don't have one in his size (nor have time to make one)

I thought about having a giant nappy out the front, but it would probably get pinched :roll:
Netty, Mum to:

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Netty wrote:87 Boundry Road. Is that directly opposite the immigrates services hall thingee, or east or west of it?

I think if we get there just before eight we should be fine (I hope)

Cool. We can put the street number in the GPS and drive in stress-free, lol. Which will be good as we decided last night to drive down Sat am, so we'll be leaving at around 6.30am. Ethan will prolly go back to sleep in the car.

netty wrote:
Maybe I could get my 7yo to jump around in a nappy but it won't be very warm and I don't have one in his size (nor have time to make one)

:smt043

Probably just a static sandwich board would work just fine. hehe. With balloons attached to attract attention.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:35 pm

Well, our first display at The Base went really well with lots of positive responses and interest. There is a few improvments that we can add for tomorrow but I'm quite looking forward to it (but I do hope the weather picks up).

For those that are going to be helping with displays make sure you are wearing warm, comfortable shoes and clothes - and be ready to talk lots :D
Netty, Mum to:

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:17 am

Ill get off my unhelpful butt and do the signage seen as signage is important to get the drivers driving past to pop in. (how ever this wont help you Aquabub, I will not be there before 8 by a long shot!! :lol: )

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:24 am

Mel wrote:Ill get off my unhelpful butt and do the signage seen as signage is important to get the drivers driving past to pop in. (how ever this wont help you Aquabub, I will not be there before 8 by a long shot!! :lol: )

:lol:

sassydot

Post by sassydot » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:11 pm

I can collect some signage and take it to Boundary Road on Saturday?
I was gonna just go straight there from work, no point getting home at 7.30 and leaving again 10 minutes later.

Netty did you want that rainbow fitted I have?

What time at Woolies on Friday?
I should be able to make it on some of Saturday too

???

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”