Real Nappy Week - Auckland

rangitotogirl
TNN oracle

Post by rangitotogirl » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:04 am

I think Western Springs sounds like a great location too. You're likely to have a pile of people visiting the zoo afterwards.

Since it is a Saturday, Scarecrow Farm won't be there as we're Adventists and go to church on Saturday, so that's one less business to contact. We'd have LOVED to have been there. :cry: Karen has access to some of the products we distribute however

http://www.carrymybaby.co.nz
http://www.facebook.com/carrymybabynewzealand

http://www.scarecrowfarm.co.nz
http://www.facebook.com/scarecrowfarm
http://www.mobywrap.co.nz

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:21 pm

Western Springs gets my vote too. Panmure seems a way out to me too Carla :wink: I agree with Robyn about zoo traffic - and some families might plan to go to the zoo that day who haven't heard of the nappy expo - notice something going on (esp if we're allowed to put up a sandwich board near the curb) and come and check it out!

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:43 pm

Ok well as far as it goes the cons for Western Springs as I see it are:

Size - less space for stalls inside and I could not in good conscence rent out outdoors space for april... It does make the budget tight and dependant on getting a decent discount (not guarnteed as there are lots of hoops to jump through). We discussed in the meeting that as the retailers are making money from the expo we can't expect as many freebees or favours IYKWIM.

Shape - As best I can figure it we can probibly do a one way circuit of stalls (maybe 12??) demo's on the stage...

The Zoo - Yes its a drawcard BUT if they go to the zoo first and take longer than expected they won't come at all. I just find that a trip to the zoo in itself is a big draining morning, the only way it would work for our family would be for DH to take DS to the zoo and me to meet them in there after looking around the expo, but alot of families won't want to do that as they miss out on family discounts.

In saying that Panmure certainly has similar problems the most major being that there is another group using a room right next to the hall. As people have said distance etc. I'll see what everyone says this afternoon and confirm the booking based on what the majority of people say.
Lisa

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:59 pm

even if the zoo is a bit of a double-edged sword, western springs does have the advantage of dads being able to take the kids to see the ducks (and get chased by the geese :twisted: ) and play at the playground while the mums browse :D or ride the tram! 8-)
:star:

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:50 pm

nova wrote:even if the zoo is a bit of a double-edged sword, western springs does have the advantage of dads being able to take the kids to see the ducks (and get chased by the geese :twisted: ) and play at the playground while the mums browse :D or ride the tram! 8-)

now there's a plan! :plot:
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

mermaid13
TNN nerd

Post by mermaid13 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:53 pm

mothersinstinct wrote:
nova wrote:even if the zoo is a bit of a double-edged sword, western springs does have the advantage of dads being able to take the kids to see the ducks (and get chased by the geese :twisted: ) and play at the playground while the mums browse :D or ride the tram! 8-)

now there's a plan! :plot:

definately ;0
Carla mama to luke 4 already

----------------------------------------- > my first time wrapping luke as a 2 year old

Mind is Powerful, Body is Strong, I am Mama

rochellej
TNN guru

Post by rochellej » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:03 pm

I saw back in the notes of the meeting that you hope to contact other parenting organisations such as LLL etc.

I currently hold the membership list & contact emails for the North Shore LLL group & send out the monthly notifications & any special newsletters, so will be happy to do this for RNW. We have quite a few Mums at our group who use cloth & get asked lots of questions at each meeting from expectant Mums.

I think Jessie78 is a member of the Kelston LLL & I'm sure you'll be able to find someone who is a member of the central & southern groups, or contact the groups directly through the LLL website rather than trying to go through head office level...

http://www.lalecheleague.org.nz/local.htm
Rochelle

Daniel - 2002
Maia - 2004
Ava - 2006

mermaid13
TNN nerd

Post by mermaid13 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:54 pm

rochellej wrote:I saw back in the notes of the meeting that you hope to contact other parenting organisations such as LLL etc.

I currently hold the membership list & contact emails for the North Shore LLL group & send out the monthly notifications & any special newsletters, so will be happy to do this for RNW. We have quite a few Mums at our group who use cloth & get asked lots of questions at each meeting from expectant Mums.

I think Jessie78 is a member of the Kelston LLL & I'm sure you'll be able to find someone who is a member of the central & southern groups, or contact the groups directly through the LLL website rather than trying to go through head office level...

http://www.lalecheleague.org.nz/local.htm

i'm whangaparaoa :wink:
Carla mama to luke 4 already

----------------------------------------- > my first time wrapping luke as a 2 year old

Mind is Powerful, Body is Strong, I am Mama

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:07 pm

Ok then, I'll book western springs, just confirm where the bond is coming from :shock: should have sorted that out earlier this week.

SB how many stalls do you think would fit in there?
Lisa

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:27 pm

I'm writing a list of places to contact and yes LLL is on it...

Basically I want to contact as many places as we can and see who will include us in their notices, who will put something up on a notice board etc... as well as TNNers placing posters/notices where they can.

As a broad outline:

Childcare centres - from daycares to playcentres
Healthcare - Plunket (if carefully approached some may help), GP's, Midwives, Antenatal Groups, Childbirth Educators, LLL etc
Financial - WINZ, Budgetting services, foodbanks
Environmental - Green party

As I say this isn't my "list" but is the structure and a few examples. I'll keep writing and post a list shortly.
Lisa

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:24 pm

Ok Dokey, we have 7 days to pay for the hall :shock: I'm actually going to query that as the info I got before booking was that the bond was due first and then the hire fee was due closer to the time... but anyway we still need to get moving

Confirmed Details are:
Western Springs Garden Community Hall
Hired from 9-4pm
Expo Hours 10-3pm

Ethansmum do you want to do the contacting of retailers? We will need to draft a letter and mock up a booking form... sort out who's bank acc is used too (I'll talk to CC about this when I hear back from her about the bond situation as that would be the tidiest way to do it)
Lisa

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:35 pm

karmiec wrote:Ok Dokey, we have 7 days to pay for the hall :shock: I'm actually going to query that as the info I got before booking was that the bond was due first and then the hire fee was due closer to the time... but anyway we still need to get moving

Confirmed Details are:
Western Springs Garden Community Hall
Hired from 9-4pm
Expo Hours 10-2pm

Ethansmum do you want to do the contacting of retailers? We will need to draft a letter and mock up a booking form... sort out who's bank acc is used too (I'll talk to CC about this when I hear back from her about the bond situation as that would be the tidiest way to do it)

Yay we have a venue! Good work.

Karmiec do you want to post an update in the "what, when, where" thread ClothConvert started?

Yes I am happy to do the contacting of retailers. I'll hunt down emails for the extras that have been suggested here. I can draft up a letter and booking form - do we need to schedule another meeting to go over these and anything else that will need organising??

Who contacted retailers last year? Do they have a copy of correspondence that went out that we could modify for this year?

Ali
TNN nerd

Post by Ali » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:59 pm

Helen I have pmed you!
Sorry I don;t have time this year to get involved in organisation but am happy to come and support on the day!
Ali
<-- Someone got hold of a felt pen!!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;54;95/st/20060527/n/Isobella+Elliott/dt/16/k/f048/age.png[/img]
[/url]

KS_wrapper
TNN nerd

Post by KS_wrapper » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:27 pm

Will you be asking for assistance closer to the time? I should be able to spare a few hours to help on the date, or prep if needed. You all seem to have the organisation well in hand, but I'd love to help later if needed. 8-)
Heather :) (formerly hmkt25)

Mommy to three lovely boys:
DS1--Master of fantasy--14 years
DS2--Lego fanatic--7 years
DS3--Little comedian--2.5 years
~0~ ~May 22, 2010
~0~ ~July 30, 2014

*~*~South East Slingbabies~*~*
Want to know more about slings? Live in/around South East Auckland? Come see us on the 3rd Sunday of the month at Anchorage Park Community House.
PM me or see the Slingbabies Facebook page for more details.

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:40 am

Yep there will be volunteers needed on the day, just working out the biggest details first... lots of "mum sized" jobs to be done.

If people to want to meet "in person" again to update etc I can offer my place again, for Wednesday? LMK if you are interested. We could go over the setup/retailers, marketing, and volunteers?
Lisa

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”