National Promotion

karmiec
TNN oracle

National Promotion

Post by karmiec » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Ok we are all busy organising activities for RNW, but I know a few of us need to get the word out locally and nationally that something is happening.

I have emailed kiwifamilies to give them the dates of RNW 08, link to TNN, WEN and the thread of whats on (since the front page is still lagging)

Other places of contact on my to-do-list are
Tots to Teens
Littlies
Parents Centre
The Aucklander

So I'm going to write a press release specifically about RNW and in particular the Auckland Expo.

Anyone game to help or suggest other places to contact
Lisa

bizzy
TNN nerd

Post by bizzy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:21 pm

what about the local courier... they seem to have a whats on page for community events etc...

i wonder if the good morning show would be keen to mention it somewhere...they seem to like the eco friendly angle and have had cloth nappy stuff on before..??? (sorry just pondering out loud - you have prob already covered these aspects...)
Deborah, SAHM to three

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Would be very cool to see if you can get Littlies to do a feature article - but this needs to happen, like, now (if we're not too late) to get into the April edition. I would put my hand up but I think it would work better coming from Auckland TNNers (interveiw at a Napicino?) as that's where Littlies is based.
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:39 pm

I feel like I'm trapped at present with regard to promoting the expo/RNW as the TNN site is out of date with details and we only have two events in motion (Expo in Auckland and Kates talk in Hamilton)... I have drafted a press release (I'll post in a seperate thread for feedback etc)

It feels wrong to send people to the TNN site for RNW info when the only info there is last years dates... if people want to see the other planning they go to the events section which is public (only recent post is mine about hte expo) otherwise they have to join the forum...

Now I don't mean to nag or be a grumpy bum but I'm feeling rather tired this afternoon so its probibly going to come across that way... the point is we need to get stuff done now otherwise we will miss out on those oppertunities.
Lisa

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:00 pm

Hmmm... difficult, I hear what you're saying.
Along the lines of a Littlies interveiw, I was thinking it would more be about mcn in general than RNW in particular but more to coincide with it - so that it is at the forefront of people's minds for the expo etc. But that doesn't help with advertising for other area's events and hopefully TNN will be updated before Littlies April edition is published.
So could it be arranged now?
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:14 pm

FYI - press release sent to Littlies, TotstoTeens, and Stuff/Fairfax Media (Local papers across auckland and elsewhere)

I have used generic contacts from websites so if anyone knows someone who works at any of these places let me know and I can either forward you my word document OR email them directly.

I'll get some more out as I can.
Lisa

sb
TNN nerd

Post by sb » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:33 pm

:smt023

Nice work on the press release.
Shyrel - Mum to James November 06

Amelia's Mummy
TNN nerd

Post by Amelia's Mummy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:09 am

If there is anything I can do in Arrowtown - let me know :)

We have a noticeboard which I can put up a sign in - does cost about a $1 for each week
~Louise - Busy business mumma to 2 girls with #3 due in June 2011~
Scamps Boutique
http://www.scamps.co.nz
Cloth Nappies, Baby Carriers, and more. Exclusive NZ Retailer for Cushie Tushies and Monk n Bear cloth nappies.

Mums to Be
http://www.mumstobe.net
Monthly give away for expectant parents

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:39 am

Ok I individually emailed each of the Auckland local papers (snl papers) and three have emailed back as I am working with the new word and they couldn't open the document :oops: but on the up side it means I know they are going to read it :D
Lisa

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 pm

Also emailed Parents Inc (main and magazine), and Ohbaby
Lisa

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”