Draft Press Release = feedback please

karmiec
TNN oracle

Draft Press Release = feedback please

Post by karmiec » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:42 pm

Real Nappy Week 2008

The 21 – 28 April 2008 is International Real Nappy Week. Real Nappy Week is about giving parents and caregivers fair and accurate information about the nappy options available to them; giving families’ options and support to try the modern options in cloth nappies, for a more sustainable future.

In New Zealand, Real Nappy Week is Co-ordinated by The Nappy Network: a community of parents who are using modern cloth nappies and sharing their experiences and expertise. To celebrate Real Nappy Week volunteers are hosting events in their homes and communities to share their experience and passion with other parents.

Aucklanders are starting the ball rolling with a Real Nappy Expo on Saturday 19th April (the Saturday preceding Real Nappy Week). Local retailers will be exhibiting local and international nappy products in a range of styles. Local hirekits will also be on display, and volunteers will demonstrate types of modern cloth nappies and host a sewing tutorial for those who wish to try their hand at a little DIY.

Visit www.thenappynetwork.org.nz for more local information, in particular the forum pages have details of activities as they are planned. For more information on International Real Nappy Week see www.wen.org.uk/nappies/
Lisa

Miss Shelley
TNN guru

Post by Miss Shelley » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:29 pm

sounds good!
Shelley :)
(Mum to T and L )

Jen
TNN nerd

Re: Draft Press Release = feedback please

Post by Jen » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:05 pm

karmiec wrote:Real Nappy Week 2008

The 21 – 28 April 2008 is International Real Nappy Week. Real Nappy Week is about giving parents and caregivers fair and accurate information about the nappy options available to them; giving families’ options and support to try the modern options in cloth nappies, for a more sustainable future.

In New Zealand, Real Nappy Week is Co-ordinated by The Nappy Network: a community of parents who are using modern cloth nappies and sharing their experiences and expertise. To celebrate Real Nappy Week volunteers are hosting events in their homes and communities to share their experience and passion with other parents.

Aucklanders are starting the ball rolling with a Real Nappy Expo on Saturday 19th April (the Saturday preceding Real Nappy Week). Local retailers will be exhibiting local and international nappy products in a range of styles. Local hirekits will also be on display, and volunteers will demonstrate types of modern cloth nappies and host a sewing tutorial for those who wish to try their hand at a little DIY.

Visit www.thenappynetwork.org.nz for more local information, in particular the forum pages as these have details of activities as they are planned. For more information on International Real Nappy Week see www.wen.org.uk/nappies/

Sounds good! Just a couple of little pedantic things (coloured red): "families" in the first paragraph doesn't need an apostrophe; "Coordinated" in the second doesn't need a capital; and I added a couple of words (red) in the last paragraph for sense....just a suggestion.

Great work though :-)

J
SAHM to Samuel (March 05), Benjamin (May 07), William (Jan 11) and Annabelle (June 13)

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:07 pm

I like.

Good job Lisa :smt023

mermaid13
TNN nerd

Post by mermaid13 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:58 am

Ethan's Mum wrote:I like.

Good job Lisa :smt023

agreed, perfect as always lisa :wink:
Carla mama to luke 4 already

----------------------------------------- > my first time wrapping luke as a 2 year old

Mind is Powerful, Body is Strong, I am Mama

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:12 am

If we have a final version, I'd like to post it to the press release section please - LMK :)
------- Admin --------
:smt049 Mama to 2 beautiful kiddiwinks :smt049

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:53 am

May I please use this press release to inform the Hamilton media about rnw?

I'd also like to replace the details about the Auckland Expo with details about Hamilton's events if I may, please.

I finally got the courage to ring the editor for one of our local rags and I could tell he wasn't taking me seriously. I just didn't get my point across well at all. I'm not a confident speaker anyway, which probably didn't help.

You've obviously put a lot of thought into this karmiec, so hopefully it will get the attention of the Hamilton media as it obviously has for Auckland's.
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:16 am

I'm happy for anyone to use it as a base for their own... I've got to get my A into G and send out some more info/releases anyway.

FYI for the Auckland stuff I am emailing out posters with a covering letter to MW, maternity wards, well child providers (plunket + others) budgeting services/food banks, eco-groups, and other parenting groups. I hope that helps with your planning!
Lisa

rebeccal
TNN nerd

Post by rebeccal » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:13 pm

This sounds awesome, it gets all the info across succinctly.

One thing to consider is having the details of the Expo in the press release rather than referring them to the website. Time and time again I have seen press releases picked up and run verbatim by journalists who are in a hurry to meet deadlines. It would be good if they included the when and where in any articles so let's make it easy for them to do so.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:04 pm

Thank you soooo much :)
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”