Auckland Nappacino's

karmiec
TNN oracle

Auckland Nappacino's

Post by karmiec » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Ok, just noticing that the Auckland thread is focusing on the Expo, but we really need to get some nappacino action happening... I think there were a couple of volunteers but no dates etc decided on.

One suggestion was for Nappies in the park (or some such) in the domain or similar, this would be a good one to talk to a cafe and see if we could arrange a deal for the day (ie: a discounted coffee price or something) which would double as a rain plan. The only prob is the school holidays rules out places like lollipops or the zoo as they will be teeming with kids. Any volunteers to find out about cafes?

Then we have home-based nappacinos (north, west, central, south...) Then we can get info out to newspapers and where suitable get invites out to newbies.

So if your thinking about it can you set a time/date?
Lisa

Petals
TNN guru

Post by Petals » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:56 pm

For North Shore, what about the cafe where we had the big latch on thing for breastfeeding week last year? Is it called Windsor Cafe?
Kylie

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:38 pm

Yep, that's the one Kylie. They might be up for complimentary coffee's for attendees too - worth checking out.

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:48 am

Do these Nappicinos have to be Real Nappy Week, or earlier to get the photos etc?
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:36 am

IMO the best option is to have a small TNNers nappacino before RNW and use that to get some promo for public nappacinos durring RNW.

Does that make sense?

So if we were able to swing an article in the papers about anything nappy related just before RNW and have the Expo and Public Nappacino details in the article... and then we would get more peopel to the public nappacinos (thus making it more "newsworthy" so it would most likely get a bigger write up).

Even if we don't make it into the papers untill after RNW at least we have got the word out their IYKWIM.
Lisa

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:23 pm

Ummm... anybody phoned windosr cafe to see if they are interested?

I was thinking of this in the domain for an auckland-wide or auckland-central nappacino http://www.viewauckland.co.nz/info_rest ... 15207.html The winter gardens or the museum for good photos of cloth bums.. ducks to feed for toddlers etc... I've sent an email enquiry.
Lisa

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:14 pm

Hi Lisa

Just wondering if you got in contact with the Rodney Times at all? I would like to organise a Nappicino here in the coming weeks, and hoping to get a media release for RNW, and maybe a pic of all the cloth bums at mine?

If there is anything I can do to help let me know :D
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi Karyn!
Carla will be in touch with you about setting a date... What I'm hoping is we can do some "press kits" so the next email will be RNW press release, Expo press release, Nappacino invite, probibly with a note about the "local" angle (in your case a note that the local business mothers instinct will be attending) perhaps contacts of a local cloth user who is willing to do an interview... then maybe you can drop a press release with some new lovely product you are launching "just in time" for RNW.

Then even if they don't send a reporter we send them a press release (with photos) about the nappacino which they can use durring RNW. And the date/time of a public nappacino durring RNW if possible/practical.
Lisa

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”