Page 2 of 2

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:13 pm
by jessie78
mothersinstinct wrote:Ok, did someone say this place is directly opposite the Zoo? I am being lazy and can't be bothered looking up the map book - is it easy to find?



http://www.smaps.co.nz/nz/auckland/poin ... +road/956/


:D

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:18 pm
by channyhoo
Perhaps you need an afterparty :roll:

I don't get to AKL till 2.15pm. WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:28 pm
by FluffyMail
Yay, so I can get there without getting lost!!!! hopefully! :roll:

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:31 am
by Happi
mothersinstinct wrote:Yay, so I can get there without getting lost!!!! hopefully! :roll:


if you have and or could bring an amber teething necklace.... I'll grab it. if you dont see in time thats ok too :)

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:34 am
by FluffyMail
no worries, heading off in about 20 minutes ...... long drive :roll:

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:48 am
by mermaid13
Yay its here
just getting ready to go

carla

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:51 am
by PukekoPossum
Woohooo!!

xxx Lou

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:30 pm
by flea
What an awesomely organised event - you ladies have done the cloth community proud.

I managed to talk to lots of people and confuse them more (hehe I think they were completely overwhelmed) but I directed them straight here and told them that the ladies on here will be happy to answer any questions they think of on their way home :D

Angie I'm not allowed anywhere near you and your nappies - you are a dangerous person but I loved Janines cookies :D

It was lovely meeting the Tnn'ers that I hadn't yet met :D

We are all exhausted - girls are eating dinner and straight to bed for us all :D

Thanks Ladies - count me in next year :D

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:33 pm
by flea
also (not sure if it was on those pamplets) but maybe next year we need a flyer with a break down of the types of cloth nappies as when I was speaking to them that is where they had the most confusion. If they had something to refer to and jot notes down on when going to the sellers it might make things easier. I made notes on a few peoples pamphlets for them :D


And if any of you Expo goers are here visiting our site :smt041

Hi :smt039

Our One Size Fits All Winner

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:09 am
by EmsGran
Baby Cuddles ran a competition for a OSFA Fleece (100% Bamboo) Nappy. This was drawn at the end of the day and the Winner is Amanda Byrne, Onehunga - Congratulations Amanda - it was great to meet you and what a winner!
I like to think all the new Mum's & Dad's / To Be's are winners especially when they choose 'Cloth' Nappies for their wee loved ones!
What a wonderful day it was and so encouraging to see so many visitors and so much wonderful 'Nappy Stuff'.
I loved the venue, location was great (once we found it - Maybe some fund raising is needed for a lovely big sail sign for next year or even for any Nappy Expo/Demo? Then EVERYONE will see it). All the products were primo, well displayed - And what a wonderful group of people...
WELL DONE AUCKLAND What a great start to Nappy week.

(Although I have mentioned it in various places -I'll say it again - I have photos if anyone is interested)

Re: Our One Size Fits All Winner

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:02 pm
by sb
EmsGran wrote:
(Although I have mentioned it in various places -I'll say it again - I have photos if anyone is interested)


c'mon Gail post them!

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:10 pm
by Casper
Yes please!!!

Re: Our One Size Fits All Winner

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:34 pm
by EmsGran
sb wrote:
EmsGran wrote:
(Although I have mentioned it in various places -I'll say it again - I have photos if anyone is interested)


c'mon Gail post them!

My intention was to email to anyone, but I have had Mel on my case now, so sending them to her and she will 'post' them for you all. :D

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:08 pm
by FluffyMail
flea wrote:What an awesomely organised event - you ladies have done the cloth community proud.

I managed to talk to lots of people and confuse them more (hehe I think they were completely overwhelmed) but I directed them straight here and told them that the ladies on here will be happy to answer any questions they think of on their way home :D

Angie I'm not allowed anywhere near you and your nappies - you are a dangerous person but I loved Janines cookies :D

It was lovely meeting the Tnn'ers that I hadn't yet met :D

We are all exhausted - girls are eating dinner and straight to bed for us all :D

Thanks Ladies - count me in next year :D


Yes it was funny ... talking to some people you kinda saw the glaze in their eye, like it was all a bit too much! :lol: One girl said to me .... "information overload around about now!" and she she had only been to 3 stalls!

That is the trouble with today ... there are so many new funky nappies out there, it makes the decision even harder and more confusing :D

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:33 am
by Ethan's Mum
I completely forgot at the end of the day on Saturday to nab the lrft over brochures so that I can take them to the Hamilton expo.

Whoever has the left overs can you please PM me so I can arrange to collect them before Satutday? Thx :smt023

excuse typos - I'm NAK :wink: