A week in the Life of a Modern Cloth Nappy

EmsGran
TNN addict

A week in the Life of a Modern Cloth Nappy

Post by EmsGran » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:56 pm

A Week in the Life of a Modern Cloth Nappy….

Thursday AM : Well just check this out, see my snaps, aren’t they cool, a nice bright plastic to set off my snazzy colours. Check my insides, soft smooth gentle, wouldn’t you like me next to your skin……?
They tell me I look good from the rear also, smooth curves and just the slightest fullness…..Man, I know I am looking good…….So I Just keep smart for all the potential owners….Pick me, Pick me, I’m the coolest nappy in town…..
Friday PM: Well, here we go, I found a new home, they tell me there is a baby on the way and I am just what mum and dad need….what an adventure……I knew I had prospects and purpose, this is what I was made for, I had a good start in life and I really want to serve my new owner well…with my good looks, I will go far….I’ll be a Star.
Saturday AM: I thought I was going to drowned today, such a new sensation being wet – my 1st wash – it softened my fabric more, but I did not loose my good looks – and I loved being clean – I feel good, I look good and I am beginning to suspect there’s a brand new purpose, a new role to play. As I hung on the line in the sun, I had this new empty feeling, but they tell me it’s not just my looks they are after, I have a greater purpose in life….What can it be? I hope they tell me soon!
Sunday AM: Well there’s this new noise in the house – they tell me it’s a baby, I hear that word a lot now, I have this incredible feeling of anticipation, I think they are about to reveal my new role, what other purpose in life would I have with such good looks and smooth lines, soft insides and oh those snaps? Funny though, since that washing I have developed a thirst……what is it that will satisfy me?
Monday Late AM: Today I got to wrap myself around that baby, what a new sensation, it felt just right, that tender smooth skin, resting against my inner layers, and I was gentle. I know I fitted just right, my curves looked good. My new companion and I will get on just fine. Ah Hmmm, I would be happy to do this for the rest of my life….
Monday Early PM: Phew….Wasn’t too sure what to do when I felt that warm wet sensation, but I sucked it up and didn’t complain. I like my new role and plan to serve them well. My inner layers stayed soft and comfortable and I did not irritate my new companion. There were no leaks, so my outer layer stays crisp and cute, just like I knew they would. I didn’t mind though when they took me off, I sucked it in a few times more, but wasn’t too sure how much longer…..I didn’t want to disappoint.
Tuesday AM: It was back to that washing machine today, man I just love that machine, gentle bubbles and an opportunity to feel clean again, a breath of fresh air as I hang on the line and sun bath, yummy, ….life is so good… I feel good, I knew that I would. This is the life…It will be a long time before you hear me complain.
Wednesday PM: We get lots of compliments, that baby and me. I know it’s really me they oh and ah over, but I let baby take the lime-light…I’m quite modest really.
PS: What a life and how happy I am that I can live my life to the fullest, day after day, serving many masters, year after year. How can this be wrong…….
8-)
Last edited by EmsGran on Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gail - Mum to 5 - Gran to 10 :)http://www.babycuddles.co.nz
babycuddles@vodafone.co.nz

Miss Shelley
TNN guru

Post by Miss Shelley » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:43 pm

:smt041 very cool!
Shelley :)
(Mum to T and L )

EmsGran
TNN addict

Just to keep the flow going.....what else but....

Post by EmsGran » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:56 pm

A week in the life of a disposable…….
Thursday AM, Dumbdedoo, dumbdedoo, look at all those shoppers, coming and going, yohoo, here I am, I know I look like all the others, I’m not particularly special nor do I stand out from the crowd, how can I feel so alone, when there are so many like me, but pick me please, pick me – I want out of this boring place, with my plastic package…..come on, there must be more to life than this…..they put these snazzy rippers on and a cute little design, I’m like all the others, but Yahoo, pick me……
Friday AM Well here I go, how exciting, yippee, a new home, a new life, I was going out of my mind sitting on that supermarket shelf, but that’s in the past, I have a bright new future now - where am I going what will my life be….I hear rumours that it has something to do with babies, I like babies, babies are cool…..
Saturday – Dumbdedoo, yahoo, me next, come on what’s do you want me to do, lets get on with it, come on, hurry….
Sunday AM – Well there’s this new sound, they tell me it’s a baby, sure cries a lot, I wonder why? And I feel a bit apprehensive, a bit like it is all about to end soon, what an anticlimax……Oh dear, what is that next to my inner self, soft gentle skin, I wonder what it means, but the feeling is good, I have a sense of purpose, I am happy, I think, just hanging around till it is done. Oh dear what is that sensation, it makes me swell, yuck yuck, wet skin, o dear, I want out of here, I deserve better than this, I could have been anything better than this, I could have been a plastic shopping bag, or I could have even been a Bubble wrap….but a Nappy oh no, I deserve better than this…..
Sunday Early PM – Phew take this baby off me, HELP ME! I am about to suffocate! I can not take anymore of this. At last, the relief, I wondered when it would end, but what now, hey what you doing, why have you put me in this dark black bag, w’let, w’me, w’out, hello, w’let w’me, w’out…..is any one there? Maybe if I make a smell they will notice……
Monday AM, Where am I off to now, I can not see, it is still dark, what’s that noise, Hello, hello, what the heck, what a life, what a long life - I am just going to sit here, and stink and rot and I it might take me 100yrs, what a life ah, I am sure I was destined for better things for a better life, I just had a bad start you see, no one listens, no one cares, no one really even noticed me, no-one asked me what I wanted in life, I really only wanted one wee break, I could have been anything, really, I could have been star, but anything would have been better than this……
Tuesday PM (still babbles on about miserable life)
Wednesday PM – Hello, anyone out there, anyone listening? I’m in this awful black hole, covered in all this filth and no one cares. When will it end………Will someone put me out of my misery….Please…… :cry:
Gail - Mum to 5 - Gran to 10 :)http://www.babycuddles.co.nz
babycuddles@vodafone.co.nz

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”