Auckland! :D

Ansis
TNN nerd

Post by Ansis » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:05 pm

Oh man I wish I hadn't said that! Now everyone's all paranoid and I feel bad - as well as paranoid because I know I'll show up and everyone will look at me and think "that's normal?" Look, there is nothing weird about anyone that I've met from TNN - honest. I wasn't directing the comment at ANYONE in particular, or based on my experiences, or feelings about what people wear. It was more a general comment about where not to go. Everyone has a perception of what is 'normal' and I'm certainly not going to dictate what that is. Personally I was going to wear shorts and a top - but maybe in pennance I really do have to wear a skirt and heels! :lol: I like the idea of a tshirt though, that would make TNNers more obvious - we could swap them around as people come and go. Please don't make me don "corporate uniform" anything though, that's definitely NOT normal.
Jacqui

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b4.lilypie.com/RXH6p12/.png[/img][/url]

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:17 pm

lol don't worry about it! i just caught hold of it cos there are heaps of people out there who would be a bit :? if we aren't dressed 'appropriately' just as there are people who are :? about extended bfing, or :? at babywearing, or :? at anything 'fringe' :roll: and at least looking tidy is something that most of us can acheive (or at least try :wink: ) without selling out our convictions.. kwim? so i don't reckon you should feel bad for mentioning it! :lol:
:star:

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:31 pm

Karen, can you do Thurs 8th Feb ? 7.30pm-ish as per last time? At Nova's (thanks chick)

i have asked Karen to check with her dad re screenprinting tees, and we will also try and source affordable tees - I was saying to Karen, I personally don't like wearing tees unless they're shaped ones (don't know what it is rightly called) so was thinking of the option where each person gets their own plain tee and we get it screenprinted with cloth slogans (eg the ones that have been floating around on several threads here) - either the same slogan for everyone or have a few different ones? Dunno, which do you like? If it's too expensive to screenprint, maybe we can do the cheaper iron on transfer option? Anyway, just suggestions, no decisions, but I'd like to find out costs.

Karen
TNN nerd

Post by Karen » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:34 pm

I like that Nova got a eyebrow ring, when I first saw her I was thinking " I'm not the only young mum here" :lol:
After experiencing my antenatal Coffee group where everyone looked at me as I was a pregnant 12 year old, I felt so glad that there was a young mum who is into cloth.

So I say :smt023 to your eyebrow ring from your rebel youth Nova!
(I had a few myself but got infected)

By the way.....I found a few t-shirts at the warehouse for $4.88 each,plain white and not buggy :wink:
part-time worker ,University student and Mum to Lucy Belle Kay and little angel boy 9/05/09

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:35 pm

the fall black plan, in order that TNNers can be more obvious, would be the good old "blue jeans and white (or black?) top" look with TNN name tags :smt023 Just thought it might be fun to own a cloth advocacy tee ourselves though.

Karen
TNN nerd

Post by Karen » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:36 pm

I couldn't talk to my dad CC, he left my house while I was talking to you :shock: !! that man has no manners!!

But I will get onto it tonight because I'm going over to their house to pick up my DD who left with them without telling me :x
part-time worker ,University student and Mum to Lucy Belle Kay and little angel boy 9/05/09

Ali
TNN nerd

Post by Ali » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:35 pm

OOh I can do next Thursday!!
There are some fantaastic ideas on here. The coffee cart - there is a side entrance to the playground which would make it more easily seen and accessible.
From memory there are about 6 tables (big) in the garden room, but we would have to ask if there are more avail from the other room.
If anyone needs to go to the community centre to check things out etc, I can do it as I am in G Lynn at least 2x a week.
Ali
<-- Someone got hold of a felt pen!!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;54;95/st/20060527/n/Isobella+Elliott/dt/16/k/f048/age.png[/img]
[/url]

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:43 pm

That'll be great Ali, if you can let us know how big exactly the room is, layout, # of tables (and size of them), ambience, etc on Thursday night?

eta: just an idea, have you a digital camera? photos will help :-)

Ali
TNN nerd

Post by Ali » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:48 pm

Good idea CC - I will go there some time this week.
Ali
<-- Someone got hold of a felt pen!!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;54;95/st/20060527/n/Isobella+Elliott/dt/16/k/f048/age.png[/img]
[/url]

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:28 pm

ooohh CC one of the ebb jan06 mums got transfer paper that you can print stuff on from your computer (if you don't have a dead printer like us :evil: ) then iron it onto t-shirts.. she made a super cute one for her ds, and it looked really good... anyone know what i'm talking about? :smt017 anyway, that could be an easy option if someone has a good printer, if karen's dad can't do it or its too pricey...?

thurs is all good with me.. shall i try my luck with another nappucino thread? or will that just illicit us lot ya reckon? :roll:

eta- thanks karen!! :D
:star:

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:27 pm

yes, nova, that was what i was referring to as the cheaper option. We did that when I was at the FB stand at P&C show in 2004 - each helper had a pale green (sage?) tee shirt with a pic of our baby wearing a FB- the only problem is that the pic cracked after first wash, so don't know, maybe I just didn't transfer it on right?

Karen
TNN nerd

Post by Karen » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:18 am

I talked to my dad last night and he said that its pricey because its only for a bunch of us, even if he donates the paint, we still have to buy the screen and that cost around $80, if we there were 20 or 30 of us it would be cheaper.
He does it for our church for the youth group and the mothers group which are both more than 40 people.
He told me about this shop in Henderson Mall where we could get them done for $8 each t-shirt.

Ansis
TNN nerd

Post by Ansis » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:38 am

ClothConvert wrote:the only problem is that the pic cracked after first wash, so don't know, maybe I just didn't transfer it on right?

I think that's pretty standard for those transfers to be honest, they don't last long at all. But it sounds like it'd be the cheapest option by far. The fitted tshirts are often called baby doll shirts, just to make you feel all grownup and stuff. :roll: I've got a white one I can put something on, or red. I'd think that as long as we all had the same transfer on the tshirt it wouldn't matter so much the colour? Though I'd like an excuse to have a nice sage one...
Jacqui

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b4.lilypie.com/RXH6p12/.png[/img][/url]

Karen
TNN nerd

Post by Karen » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:37 am

we could do a rainbow, everyone wearing different colour t shirt from the rainbow :wink: :lol:

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Post by LemonNZ » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:39 pm

Please refer to this if you would like posters or static display materials in the standard format for Real Nappy Week.

http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB ... 715#206715

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2007”