Auckland! :D

kb

Post by kb » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:17 am

I have been on holiday without internet access for the last week and a bit, but have got back into the planning today!
AKL ladies I can't make it to the meeting on Thursday as I work every Thursday night, so I need to hear back from you this week - preferrably by 5pm Thursday so I can organise the below while I am at work on Thurs night.

I am down as being responsible for advertising for our AKL RNW.
I have visited the Auckland City Council website and have got the information available regarding the community notice boards located around the city, and advertising on Triangle TV.
I do have a lot of questions I need answered before I can go ahead and book anything though....

Firstly - a bit of info:
There are tonnes of free community noticeboads around the city. They are allocated for Not-For-Profit communtiy group (sounds like us) advertising.
The sites are booked for 2 or 4 weeks, and the signs must be professionally signwritten.

Sites are (not sure of availability as of yet):
Balmoral - Potters Park, and Mt Eden War Memorial park
Epsom - Marivare reserve, Melville park, Windmill park
Freemans Bay - Community Hall
Glen Innes - Apirana Ave
Greenlane - cnr Greenlane/Manukau rds, cnr Wheturangi/Campbell rds
Grey Lynn - Library hall
Hillsborough - Hillsborough Reserve
Kingsland - cnr Sandringham/New Nth Rds
Mt Albert x2
Mt Eden x3
Mt Roskill x6
Onehunga x1
Otahuhu x1
Pt Chev x1
Sandringham x1
Three Kings x2
Waterview x1

Q1: Is there budget to pay for professionally signwritten boards. They are to be made on 5-7mm thick coreflute, and are sized between 1200x1200 or 1100x815, depending on site. Are there any TNNers (don't have to be AKL girls) who can do this, or have access to cheap signwritting??????

Q2: Assuming cost doesn't stop this going ahead, which site(s) would we like? I was thinking the Grey Lynn one would be good, plus one of the Greenlane ones, and possibly one other site?

Q3: Would 2 weeks be enough, say starting at the beginning of March and running until pretty much the end of RNW?

Now, Triangle TV
Auckland City's community notice boards on Triangle Television are available, free of charge, for community groups to advertise their group, event or service. The notice boards are open to all not for profit community groups or organisations that deliver benefits to Auckland city residents.

Two options are available:
1. static text notice boards. The static notice boards screen three times every evening, Monday to Friday at 7.15pm, 8.30pm or 9pm depending on programming, and at 10pm. Each slot consists of eight 15 second community notices
2. a three minute face to face interview. (One interview will be selected to screen each week at Auckland City and Triangle TV's discretion.)

I personally think that the static notice boards are the best idea, unless anyone is willing to sit down for an interview? Although on second thoughts, an interview could be a good idea as the TV screen could be filled with lovely jubbly nappies :wink:

What do you think????????

Static notice boards are not to exceed 30words, and can include a logo in JPEG format, but no pictures.
Face-to-face interviews are all pre-recorded on a Thursday afternoon.

Please - help me out ladies!

Karen
TNN nerd

Post by Karen » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:44 am

the text boards are shown several time during the day so it could be an advantage, I don't if they show an interview several times during the day thou.
part-time worker ,University student and Mum to Lucy Belle Kay and little angel boy 9/05/09

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:24 pm

Karen wrote:we could do a rainbow, everyone wearing different colour t shirt from the rainbow :wink: :lol:

That would look cool in photo!

Good work Kelly!

Q1: Is there budget to pay for professionally signwritten boards. They are to be made on 5-7mm thick coreflute, and are sized between 1200x1200 or 1100x815, depending on site. Are there any TNNers (don't have to be AKL girls) who can do this, or have access to cheap signwritting??????

Q2: Assuming cost doesn't stop this going ahead, which site(s) would we like? I was thinking the Grey Lynn one would be good, plus one of the Greenlane ones, and possibly one other site?

I was gonna say all sites, but yeah depending on cost of signs. I have no idea what any of that means, so maybe we can post Q1 on a new thread under RNW section?

Q3: Would 2 weeks be enough, say starting at the beginning of March and running until pretty much the end of RNW?

I'd be tempted to say go the 4 weeks from Feb, might as well put the money invested in the signs to good use, but probably won't get the signs done in time though?

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:28 pm

Two options are available:
1. static text notice boards. The static notice boards screen three times every evening, Monday to Friday at 7.15pm, 8.30pm or 9pm depending on programming, and at 10pm. Each slot consists of eight 15 second community notices
2. a three minute face to face interview. (One interview will be selected to screen each week at Auckland City and Triangle TV's discretion.)

I personally think that the static notice boards are the best idea, unless anyone is willing to sit down for an interview? Although on second thoughts, an interview could be a good idea as the TV screen could be filled with lovely jubbly nappies

What do you think????????

I'm so greedy, I say go for both options, lol! Or is it an either/or?
Will we have to go to a specific place for the interview? If not, maybe we can have a nappucino and have them filmed the interview a group of maybe 3 people on site? Strength in numbers and all, and kinda give people a feel of nappucinos????

kb

Post by kb » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:42 pm

I think both options for Triangle TV are good. As far as I am aware they film in their studio - so whichever brave soul volunteers will have to travel to them (I think their offices/come studio is in Grey Lynn).

I will try to write a 30word 'advert' for the static ad tonight and post it on here to get consensus on where it needs changing etc. 30words isn't a lot to use though.

In short I will apply for both advertising avenues with triangle, and will post a question on the RNW thread, and the OT thread to see if we can get any takers for the signwriting. Once we know costs of the signwriting i can apply for as many AK City community billboard advertising sites as our budget will allow. Sound good?

I was thinking today that publication for hardcopy advertising avenues (magazines) would already be in production, so probably not worth pursuing those.
I do however still need voulnteers from N.Shore, Waitak, and Eastern suburbs to approach their local rags please and ask if they would be willing to write a small piece on TNN, tying it in with a nappiccino and mentioning the RNW expo. Any takers - there is not much point me trying to approach them as I don't live in their catchment area so they won't even talk with me.

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:37 pm

just found this thread (should be doing other stuff, but putting it off, hence searching for anything to read) :D

Just wondering what the actual budget is for RNW, and what the financial situation is for TNN.

And just wanted to add that I don't think $80 is too much for a screen, as long as we make it a general one . ie. the new logo for TNN, then the screen would pay for itself in a while, once enough people have bought a t=shirt.

and i'd be happy to help at the event. :D

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:37 pm

Kelly, just a thought, maybe the question is which community boards are still available for RNW time? I'd imagine they're probably quite booked up in advance?

definitely Kate. I just need to find out more about how this screenprinting work, I can't get my head around it. Please girls can we make this an agenda item for tomorrow's meeting? just for my benefit, lol.

kb

Post by kb » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:07 am

Man, I wish I could have come last night - much better than being at work! We haven't even had any LSCS all night so I have had no bubbies to play with :blue:

Would love to see some 'minutes' in the next couple of days so I can catch up on what I missed.

Was also doing a little search in my head and I vaguely recall that Gabes does screenprinting. I don't suppose she could be persuaded to do screenprinting for us?

Also, how soon until the new logo is available for release? I can't send off our static ad thing for Triangle TV until I have a JPEG of the new logo.

kb

Post by kb » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:09 am

[quote="ClothConvert"]Kelly, just a thought, maybe the question is which community boards are still available for RNW time? I'd imagine they're probably quite booked up in advance? quote]

One would hope they have atleast a couple spare, as there are about 25 sites around Auckland and each site has 6-8 spaces!
I have sent an enquiry off to them, and I'm hoping they get back to me pretty soon.

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:33 pm

we've already got a couple of people sending wipes to me :D and helen (CG) is emailing me a voucher for some knitting for our raffle!! :dancin:

umm sorry kelly, but i probably can't help with minutes since i missed half of it :roll: :lol:

i went shopping today :twisted: i've got the bits to make two little A5 booklets of nappy fabrics (i figured two, so one can be at ecoday & the other at TDO, then at RNW people don't have to share as much :wink: ) with 12x5cm samples of fabric.. does that sound ok? just enough for people to be able to see what it looks like & have a wee feel :wink: would someone be able to overlock the messy ones for me? probably just towelling & bkt....? i'll also need someone to print them out for me once i've formatted them..??

anything else i'm supposed to be doing? :smt017
:star:

kb

Post by kb » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:34 pm

Oh man - I feel so out of the loop!
We are having a raffle now? And giving away wipes as spot prizes? How cool!

Now, am I still allowed to be 'in charge' of organising the Nappy table? I sure hope so, as it is all planned in my head now. If 'yes' I will announce my plans....

Other stuff I am up to (seeing how I missed the meeting):

I still haven't heard back from ACC regarding the community notice boards, which is really starting to irk me. One would assume they will be in contact FIRST THING on Monday morning :smt017

There must be someone in each of the 4 corners of Auckland who is willing to approach their local papers to do a small article on RNW. Would be good if it could co-incide with a nappiccino so there could be a pic to go with the article of lovely clothed botty's....

If I get some flyers printed up (I have access to a small amount of free printed material), do you think we could hang them on Plunket notice boards, GP surgeries, Midwife clinics?
What is TNN stance on leaving the odd flyer in Parents Rooms at malls?

That's it for tonight....

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:20 am

hey kelly, our next meeting is tuesday if you're free? :D

yep we're having a wee raffle, and wipes as spot prizes (hopefully to newbies!! :lol: )

we're not having selling wahms- too hard basket

and we're investigating having tshirts made (upright baby!!)

janine is hoping to schmooze angie (zayarn) into doing a sewing demo, cos she's fast & makes it look easy 8-)

yeah i reckon you go ahead with your nappy table! whats your plan?

CC i have that ball of cream wool for you!!! don't let me forget!! :lol:

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:00 pm

Nova - Angie is suitable shcmoozed and has some fab ideas about doing this demo... like having seating for it, and then giving the nappy made away to someone who stayed and watched.

She did say thou that it might be better to do a nappy cover than a nappy... anyhoo, I will leave it up to you and her to sort out finer details.

email or PM her, she is zayarn on here.
Janine
DS-M - 11/03/05
DS-B - 03/09/07
DDs-R & J - 09/06/09

PukekoPossum
TNN nerd

Post by PukekoPossum » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:11 am

I am completely lost :(

I will reread this thread tonight - will make it to next meeting!!

Is it ok if I approach a couple of secondary schools about making nappies as a sewing project for Freedom Naps (the charity project I am STILL working on :oops: :oops: :oops: ) would be good to co-incide with RNW...

xxx Lou
Mwah!!

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:36 pm

next meeting should be tuesday, hopefully i've got more done by then :oops:

(lou, i have some naps you can have for your project, if mediums are ok?)

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2007”