Remember When...

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Remember When...

Post by LemonNZ » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:26 pm

Think back to when you first found modern cloth nappies...

For some it is only recently but for a lot of you ladies helping with the organising of this years events you have been here FOREVER!

Back when we got into cloth there were only a handful of WAHMs...1 or 2 real stores with Kushies or Weenees that we only wished we could afford and most of us looking to Oz or USA for the solutions to our cloth nappy needs. Nappicinos began and it was a "Great turn out" if more than 2 people visited your own home...many of us now are meeting in public places as homes just aren't big enough!!!!

Image Just for a laugh...remember this CHCH ladies? Oct. 2004!

Hasn't a lot changed since those early beginings of TNN?

So please remember the "Newbies" and "potential Newbies" that you are hoping to meet and greet this year. What was once a list of WAHMs that could be counted on 1 hand...then fitted on an A4 including names, addresses and photos of their nappies is now too long to print just websites on 1 page. The different styles may still fit into a few main catagories but the subtle differences, colours, prints etc. is now just massive.

Remember you are trying to convince people that cloth is easy. Don't overwhelm them with too much information...they will switch off...instead reinforce the main points as very well laid out in the TNN fliers and then just make the whole experience warm and "fluffy" so they will go home feeling positive and visit us here on TNN for their next fix of info.

Happy Planning to you all.

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:46 pm

everything Michelle said :smt041 =D> :smt023

The two Michelles are on the mission to drum KISS into you all :smt040

LemonNZ wrote:Remember you are trying to convince people that cloth is easy.

cos' all they'd probably hear elsewhere are:

"Cloth is hard work"
"Cloth is complicated"
"I'll give you x weeks, you'll be back to using sposies"

Pookee
TNN guru

Post by Pookee » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:53 am

Thats awesome Michelle (s)!!!
Mel

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:44 am

Haha, look at us!!!

Yep, those were the days!
Mum of 6

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:36 am

Who are those people? :smt044 :smt017 :smt005

That pre-dates me!

And everyone thinks I've been here forever

:looloo: :smt016
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:33 pm

Going from Left to Right

Louise with Amy and Nathan, Michelle with Sophie, Stacey with JJ and Andrea with Joel.
Mum of 6

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Post by LemonNZ » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:00 pm

Louise wrote:Going from Left to Right

Louise with Amy and Nathan, Michelle with Sophie, Stacey with JJ and Andrea with Joel.

Louise isn't Faith in that photo too?? :wink: I have honestly lost track of when she was born...I just know that Sophie is a WHOLE LOT BIGGER now.

nikkitheknitter
TNN nerd

Post by nikkitheknitter » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:19 am

Yeah, Charity gave me some tips too for promoting cloth using good old sales training - "just sell them the next step" - so my aim is to get them on here ;)
Mama to the Red Headed Devil Child and newbie arriving late Jan 2015.

Paws
TNN guru

Post by Paws » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:52 am

Well said! :smt023

jack_&_charli
TNN nutter

Post by jack_&_charli » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:31 am

as a recent convert (fully cloth for 2mths).......i must say thank you so much for your nappycinos ladies!
i went to one in chch a few months before i had charli and the ladies were great! i was so confused and overwhelmed by all the options but i came away from there knowing exactly what was what and which system i wanted to try.
so, as we head into another RNW, i just wanted to say a big thanks for making the decision to change to cloth an easy one :lol:
[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/6/642276.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/4/489863.png[/img][/url]

Joelypockets
TNN addict

Post by Joelypockets » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:52 pm

I still remember that day....it was amazing I actually turned up! I never have been good at walking into a room full of strangers. Odd also to look at that photo now of my wee man before he could even walk and know that now he is a big kindy boy!

Edited to add....does anyone remember who took the photo?
http://www.joel-ezenaps.co.nz
Andrea - Mother of 3
CJ 20/6/96
CM 25/2/99
JA 9/10/03

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Post by LemonNZ » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:39 pm

Joelypockets wrote:I still remember that day....it was amazing I actually turned up! I never have been good at walking into a room full of strangers. Odd also to look at that photo now of my wee man before he could even walk and know that now he is a big kindy boy!

Edited to add....does anyone remember who took the photo?

Um that would be me "trying" to use the timer on a tripod hence cutting Joel off a little :oops:

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2007”