RNW Hamilton

hannah
TNN guru

Post by hannah » Sat May 02, 2009 9:39 am

Can one of you guys post what your RNW plans are for Hamilton on this trademe thread as someones asking? thankies
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/Mess ... 23&L=1&C=1
Hannah, mama of M 15yrs ♥ , L 13yrs ♥ and A 3yrs ♥
2 teens, 1 preschooler-eeek!

http://www.locket.co.nz

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Sat May 02, 2009 1:05 pm

I've directed the person to TNN but will clarify the information now.

Hamilton will be having their nappy expo in October.

A number of nappy sellers will be at the Hamilton Parent & Child Expo on the 9th of May.

I can be contacted by PM or e-mail if any one in Hamilton would like more information.
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:44 pm

Well Megan and Bex have been though a lot in the last 6 months - are either of you still up to an expo at the Base in October or September? Are you still doing fabrics Megan?

How about anybody else?

No point in organising anything if no one can do it.

What date is going to fit best with Auckland people that are interested?
Netty, Mum to:

0ebuny
TNN nerd

Post by 0ebuny » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:05 pm

yea i think i should be fine by then to get things organised

let me know if u need a hand with anything
BEX

wahm to Mikayla waterbirth on 7/3/05, tristan 4/2/07 and Akasha (unplanned homebirth) 25/4/11
one angel baby Zane

Bum Basics: cheak out our facebook page were having a big sale.

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:24 pm

We're still keen to come down. We'll be at the Auckland Parent & Child Show, and I think something is being organised in Auckland for a nappy event in Oct - not sure of dates though. So mybe towards the end of September could work without clashing with other events?

Will keep an eye on this thread for developments :)

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:47 am

I think the second or third week of September would be a good time - just before the holidays. Usually the weather is nicer then than in October. Is it a problem if it doesn't match with the Auzzie dates? We will need to sort out dates soon.
Netty, Mum to:

0ebuny
TNN nerd

Post by 0ebuny » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:16 pm

yea sep sounds good should probably get onto it. let me know if theres anything i can do to help.
BEX

wahm to Mikayla waterbirth on 7/3/05, tristan 4/2/07 and Akasha (unplanned homebirth) 25/4/11
one angel baby Zane

Bum Basics: cheak out our facebook page were having a big sale.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:15 pm

:shock: September is upon us and I've done little to organise this. In light of that I was going to defer it to October, however, both dates are difficult for me due to other commitments.

Here is what I have so far and depending on interest depends what happens (if at all):

Hamilton Nappy Expo
DressSmart Mall
(The Base, Te Rapa)

Retailers
We have spaces for about 3 more retailers. The closer we get to this number the cheaper and more worthwhile it will be for everybody. Please PM me if you are interested in having a stall at the expo. The shop we can have use of is in a good, prominent place, just a few metres down from Pumpkin Patch and Cotton On Kids

Dates
Because of school holidays and the Auckland P&C show etc there remains 2 suitable dates for this:
19th September – 1 week before the holidays. Very short notice, very little time to make preparations (2 ½ weeks) and loss of some advertising opportunities. Better for me in light of other commitments, initially the preferred date.
17th October – 1 week after the holidays. Enough time to prepare and organise but only 2 weeks before the P&C show and I won’t be able to be there for the whole day due to other commitments.
Let me know what you think

Cost
The manager of the mall has given us a very good price for use of a shop for the day, so for that we are looking at $25-40 each. We have a $0 budget for this – any costs coming initially from my stretched family budget. Any significant advertising costs would be extra.

Advertising
The Dress Smart manager would like to see the event well advertised.
I have investigated some advertising avenues and the cost through the local papers would be huge and of questionable effectiveness. If we go with September we’ve missed Littlies (cost?) and City News. I’m thinking an e-mail to kindys, day cares, birth centres etc as well as street signs and the HCC What’s On site.

If we’re going to make this happen I need to know if retailers are going to take part and what they want very soon. Otherwise it’s going to be a whole lot of time, money and effort wasted that I don’t really have to spare.

I’ve copied this post from a new thread I've put in the Nappy Chat section (hopefully to be a bit more visable). If you have any interest in the expo please go to this thread and put your responses there:
http://thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=842334#842334

I really need to know where you, Bex and Helen, want to go with this - especially with dates, as you're the only one's showing any real enthusiasm so far.
Netty, Mum to:

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2009”