Page 2 of 4

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:57 pm
by FluffyMail
Faraway wrote:As a visitor...

It would be neat if there was some way to be able to pay by eftpos as not knowing Pt Chev that well I couldn't find a bank and *had* to buy choc at Countdown to get cash out :roll: :lol: Not sure if this is possible though.


Eftpos is something that would need to be arranged by each individual retailer and I did look into it last year, and it costs around $200 or more for the weekend, which wouldn't really make it worth our while really.

That is why it was stated on the RNW advertising cash only as for many retailers, it is a cost thing really. I found a few used the zip zap manual credit card machine, which some of the retailers would have had.

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:41 pm
by rebeccal
I was wondering if next year we could organise mobile EFTPOS (cash out) for the whole Expo. I'm not sure if we would have to pay for the service or whether each person who took cash out would pay a fee, but I can find out.

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:43 pm
by Faraway
mothersinstinct wrote:
Faraway wrote:As a visitor...

It would be neat if there was some way to be able to pay by eftpos as not knowing Pt Chev that well I couldn't find a bank and *had* to buy choc at Countdown to get cash out :roll: :lol: Not sure if this is possible though.


Eftpos is something that would need to be arranged by each individual retailer and I did look into it last year, and it costs around $200 or more for the weekend, which wouldn't really make it worth our while really.

That is why it was stated on the RNW advertising cash only as for many retailers, it is a cost thing really. I found a few used the zip zap manual credit card machine, which some of the retailers would have had.


Fair enough Karyn, that makes perfect sense! Suppose its now pretty obvious how closely I read things too since I didn't bring cash with me :oops: The chocolate was yummy though :lol:

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:51 pm
by FluffyMail
:lol: =P~

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:57 pm
by CarlaK
and it was soooooooooooo worth it to get that extra nappy aye Faraway ;)

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:58 pm
by FluffyMail
CarlaS wrote:and it was soooooooooooo worth it to get that extra nappy aye Faraway ;)


:lol: that was funny! I have just rang the 2 ladies that won the 6 packs and they are so excited! very cool! 8-)

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:59 pm
by CarlaK
im as jelly as a jellyfish!! lucky ladies!

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:06 pm
by Faraway
CarlaS wrote:im as jelly as a jellyfish!! lucky ladies!


Ah bum not me, but at least I got one free with my 6pack 8-)

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:09 pm
by rebeccal
Karyn, the runner up winners of the trial packs were 2 first time pregnant mums and 1 with a 6 week old who was 'considering' cloth - hopefully your gorgeous nappies convert her! They all sounded very excited when I called them too. Such a nice warm feeling!

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:12 pm
by FluffyMail
rebeccal wrote:Karyn, the runner up winners of the trial packs were 2 first time pregnant mums and 1 with a 6 week old who was 'considering' cloth - hopefully your gorgeous nappies convert her! They all sounded very excited when I called them too. Such a nice warm feeling!


oh wow! that is great .... cos I was thinking, I should have perhaps given a voucher or medium sized naps, instead of the small ones, so that works out well! phew!

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:31 pm
by ClothConvert
hey Lisa, RNW coordinating is coming under your committee role as Community Liaison aye? you're probably already doing this, but if not, do check out the other centres' debrief threads or get them to write a report to ya!

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:39 pm
by aidanasher
Faraway wrote:
CarlaS wrote:im as jelly as a jellyfish!! lucky ladies!


Ah bum not me, but at least I got one free with my 6pack 8-)


:lol: did you buy a 6 pack?? thought you were only gonna get a trial pack... :wink:

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:40 pm
by aidanasher
mothersinstinct wrote::lol: that was funny! I have just rang the 2 ladies that won the 6 packs and they are so excited! very cool! 8-)


one of them is my cousin who got into cloth from looking at asher's watermelon itti :lol:

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:57 am
by karmiec
ClothConvert wrote:hey Lisa, RNW coordinating is coming under your committee role as Community Liaison aye? you're probably already doing this, but if not, do check out the other centres' debrief threads or get them to write a report to ya!


*sigh* yes I'll watch their threads and ask a few key people for their personal feedback and what help they think they need for next year

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:03 am
by FluffyMail
aidanasher wrote:
mothersinstinct wrote::lol: that was funny! I have just rang the 2 ladies that won the 6 packs and they are so excited! very cool! 8-)


one of them is my cousin who got into cloth from looking at asher's watermelon itti :lol:


Yay! she was super excited!!! :D