AGM questions

Annual General Meeting
rebeccal
TNN nerd

Post by rebeccal » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:32 pm

OK, so just to clarify, if I've sent in the form but haven't paid yet, it means I am a member who can participate in the AGM?

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:42 pm

rebeccal wrote:OK, so just to clarify, if I've sent in the form but haven't paid yet, it means I am a member who can participate in the AGM?

Check you are in the usergroup (means Ive processed your application), then yes.

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:57 am

umm spot the thicko :oops: but i'm confused by this in the other thread-
Chit-chat, questions, comments etc may be posted in other threads under this category.
the chit chat i get, but questions & comments? do that just mean the ones not pertaining directly to official business in that thread? i'm just not sure what we're allowed to post on that one other than "present" ?!?! :lol: :oops:

:oops: in my past occupation 90% of official business was conducted over a box of beers & a ciggie :oops: so i'm a little gauche when it comes to agm protocol ;)
:star:

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:03 am

nova wrote:umm spot the thicko :oops: but i'm confused by this in the other thread-
Chit-chat, questions, comments etc may be posted in other threads under this category.
the chit chat i get, but questions & comments? do that just mean the ones not pertaining directly to official business in that thread? i'm just not sure what we're allowed to post on that one other than "present" ?!?! :lol: :oops:

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Glad I'm not the only one with questions :lol:
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:21 am

It's because that thread is the official minutes of the meeting. The minutes are a record of who spoke and what was decided, don't usually contain chit chat.
When I took minutes at the last AGM I was at, basically I noted down who spoke, briefly what they said (I had the reports from various members in note form already so didn't need to write that as well), what we discussed as a group, who voted and what the vote was/who was elected, time we opened, closed....that kinda thing.

It's all quite formal, and it needed to be submitted to public record, so that's why no goss ;)

Hope that helps 8-) .

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:08 pm

so umm if we wanted to discuss RNW (for example) we would do it in a separate thread, then the essential parts would be recorded in the proper thread??

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:24 pm

nova wrote:so umm if we wanted to discuss RNW (for example) we would do it in a separate thread, then the essential parts would be recorded in the proper thread??

Yup :)

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:36 pm

thanks! :D

CarlaK
TNN guru

Post by CarlaK » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:36 am

ok this may be my jumbled got-no-sleep brain, but im actually really confused about this whole AGM thing. what is it meant to achieve? whats the goal? (apart from nominating people for roles this part i get)

there is nothing happening in the official thread, does that mean its finished???
Carla, Mum of Kaylee - 8, Olivia - 6, Benjamin - 3

Just keep swimming ;)

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:55 pm

LOL Carla. No it's not finished until the chairperson says it is , hahaha.

purpose of AGM is to have the Board's reports (eg Chairperson's, Secretary's, Treasurer's etc) and to approve the financial statements. And to elect the new Board. We're up to the part where we need to elect the new Board. Lots of discussion going on on the sub AGM thread to have people nominated and seconded then we can vote them in :-)

CarlaK
TNN guru

Post by CarlaK » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:02 pm

ClothConvert wrote:LOL Carla. No it's not finished until the chairperson says it is , hahaha.

purpose of AGM is to have the Board's reports (eg Chairperson's, Secretary's, Treasurer's etc) and to approve the financial statements. And to elect the new Board. We're up to the part where we need to elect the new Board. Lots of discussion going on on the sub AGM thread to have people nominated and seconded then we can vote them in :-)

thanks hun *spot the person who sat in the corner at work AGMs and Board meetings and played games....* :oops: :roll:
Carla, Mum of Kaylee - 8, Olivia - 6, Benjamin - 3

Just keep swimming ;)

Return to “Archived - AGM 2009”