AGm Discussion : Committe member roles

Annual General Meeting
karmiec
TNN oracle
Posts: 12993
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 3:20 pm
Location: Albany, Auckland

AGm Discussion : Committe member roles

Post by karmiec » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:06 pm

I want to chat about the committe roles (see here for desciptions and nominations)



I had a chat with DH the other night talking about hte comittees he's been on and roles in other organisations we have been a part of and how they differ etc... so as one exercise thinking about how the roles I would have made if setting up from scratch....

I'm also trying to nut out what exactly I would expect a RNW co-ordinator to do :lol:

karmiec
TNN oracle
Posts: 12993
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 3:20 pm
Location: Albany, Auckland

Post by karmiec » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:59 pm

OK I wrote a huge long post and then the computer beast ate it :evil:

Anyway the gist of it was that I see alot of crossover in some roles baed on what I've known from other orgs
EG:
chairman : secretary
chairman : spokesman
spokesman : community liason

nothing wrong with this just trying to get a feel for it all.

Things I am thinking I would like to see TNN inc acheiving (no time frame here and no particular order)
1) a cloth friendly certification for ECE centres... possibly as a trial with a local council or just as something "we" offer as a tick the boxes, attend / host a demo, type thing
2) getting plunket t update 'thriving under 5' to include modern cloth
3)co-ordinating better with the nappy alliance regarding shared interests/goals
4) convincing TM to clarify their cloth nappy section into something easier to navigate
5) contact nanny schools about demonstrating to students.

CL
TNN nutter
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:50 pm
Location: Sunny San Diego

Post by CL » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Just a quick post as I have other stuff to be doing but something I am interested in is getting someone (maybe 4th yr research level project or summer research project) in like otago unis energy management or energy studies to do an updated/NZ applicable study of the energy cost of cloth versus disposable. From having had a lot to do with research I know there are funds out there that are underutilized and would be available for such things (as long as National doesn't can them). And I would be interested in linking the nappy network resource with someone to do the research.

User avatar
Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Posts: 14166
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:06 am
Location: lalalalalalalalala
Contact:

Post by Amethyst » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:01 pm

CL wrote:Just a quick post as I have other stuff to be doing but something I am interested in is getting someone (maybe 4th yr research level project or summer research project) in like otago unis energy management or energy studies to do an updated/NZ applicable study of the energy cost of cloth versus disposable. From having had a lot to do with research I know there are funds out there that are underutilized and would be available for such things (as long as National doesn't can them). And I would be interested in linking the nappy network resource with someone to do the research.

I've done that :)

CL
TNN nutter
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:50 pm
Location: Sunny San Diego

Post by CL » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:16 pm

navarri wrote:
CL wrote:Just a quick post as I have other stuff to be doing but something I am interested in is getting someone (maybe 4th yr research level project or summer research project) in like otago unis energy management or energy studies to do an updated/NZ applicable study of the energy cost of cloth versus disposable. From having had a lot to do with research I know there are funds out there that are underutilized and would be available for such things (as long as National doesn't can them). And I would be interested in linking the nappy network resource with someone to do the research.

I've done that :)


cool! that's fantastic! have you pubished it somewhere or written it up? I would love to read it and maybe pass it on to a friend who is a zero waste specialist?

User avatar
Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Posts: 14166
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:06 am
Location: lalalalalalalalala
Contact:

Post by Amethyst » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:09 pm

CL wrote:
navarri wrote:
CL wrote:Just a quick post as I have other stuff to be doing but something I am interested in is getting someone (maybe 4th yr research level project or summer research project) in like otago unis energy management or energy studies to do an updated/NZ applicable study of the energy cost of cloth versus disposable. From having had a lot to do with research I know there are funds out there that are underutilized and would be available for such things (as long as National doesn't can them). And I would be interested in linking the nappy network resource with someone to do the research.

I've done that :)


cool! that's fantastic! have you pubished it somewhere or written it up? I would love to read it and maybe pass it on to a friend who is a zero waste specialist?

I've printed it out and put it on my wall ;)
Flick me a quick email and I'll see if I can send you a copy. If you choose to use it I ask you to reference it to me though, as it took me all day to do the washing figures, and the better part of 3 days to get it finished :) :roll: .

k8ylou
TNN nerd
Posts: 2767
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:58 am
Location: Auckland

Post by k8ylou » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:25 pm

Chairperson - K8ylou/Claire (job share) (2nded)

Secretary - K8ylou/ Claire (job share) (2nded)

Treasurer - Posh (2nded)

Spokesperson - Kaz (2nded)

Community Liason - Karmiec (2nded)

Organiser of Demonstrations - Aidanasher (2nded)

Website - Stacey (2nded), Navarri/Katriana (in training) (2nded)

Forum Administrator - Stacey (2nded), Navarri/Katriana (in training) (2nded)

Designer - Heart (2nded)

Advertising - Callum's Godmother (2nded)

Hire Kits co-ordinator - Callum's Godmother (2nded)





Karmiec - Community Liason, RNW co-ordinator (seconded: Happi)
Kaz - Spokesperson (Seconded: CarlaS)
Callum's godmother - advertising, hirekits
heart - design, website
navarri - website, forum admin, treasurer
CL - Community Liason (to be confirmed)



No particular role, but would like to help:
aidanasher (somebodys assistant)
posh (possibly chairperson/treasurer/secretary
    Last edited by k8ylou on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.

    k8ylou
    TNN nerd
    Posts: 2767
    Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:58 am
    Location: Auckland

    Post by k8ylou » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:26 pm

    Right, okay. This seems to be dragging on. :lol: Can we ask if anyone who WAS on the committee WANTS to take on their role again? I mean, genuinely, not an arm twisting way. Stacey? Michelle P?

    A couple of roles are likely to be filled, but others have two people maybe wanting them... could those people think of an alternative post they may take instead? I'd like to see this move in a consensus type of way 'cos that's how I'm used to working :wink: so that it doesn't come down to voting. SEems like a waste of resources as people aren't exactly clamouring for the positions. :D

    Who would be overseeing the Cloth Nappy education centre in AKL? would it be Community Liason officer through the Waitakere council? need to be AKL based? I think this is a big thing... we actually have STAFF there and pay wages, so someone on the committee needs to be overseeing this. CC - Is there a position in there for you?

    CL , you are based in Dunedin - could there be Nth island and South Island officers?

    What about the role of fundraising? Could be attached to advertising role? 'cos there have been a whole bunch of good ideas that have't come to fruition as people don't know where to go. e..g t-shirts, recipe book. etc.

    Maybe we could have some more suggestions for people and the exact place they'd like to be in? Claire? Dunners? Ditto? Fnk? Gabes? ? Gidsmum? Minty? (excuse me if I missed you off, just names off the list)

    Lisa (I keep calling you Karla, i'm so sorry :oops: ) - from your talking about crossovers - are you suggesting some roles are amalgamated? like, how about Chairperson/secretary? I'd like to know how much time Secretary of TNN INc. takes up. I'd have said , not much time in the past years, as there haven't even been any members, but I could be wrong.

    Aidanasher - I put you in the Organiser of demo's spot, would you be keen?

    So, can people i've written down here either discuss, withdraw from doubled up role, or ask for a 2nder for the role? When they're filled we could move onto voting if necessary

    CL
    TNN nutter
    Posts: 910
    Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:50 pm
    Location: Sunny San Diego

    Post by CL » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:02 pm

    I am happy to withdraw my interest in the community liason position as I think Lisa is far more qualified to do it than me and I my part-time work load is due to increase hugely soon so I wouldn't have much time to dedicate to the community liason position. I am happy to assist Lisa in a non-formal way though if she ever needs a hand with anything or wants any contacts in zero-waste.

    User avatar
    posh
    TNN oracle
    Posts: 11549
    Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:22 pm
    Location: Wellington
    Contact:

    Post by posh » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:49 pm

    I am happy to do whichever role is necessary to ensure the continuity of TNN Inc. I am not one for self-promotion, so I don't want to push myself for any particular role, which is why I am leaving it to the community to vote or not vote for me IYKWIM?
    Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image
    Image

    SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!


    At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

    20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

    User avatar
    Stacey
    Forum Admin
    Forum Admin
    Posts: 4268
    Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:21 am
    Location: Brisbane

    Post by Stacey » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:11 pm

    I really want to step down - but I would need to 'train' a replacement so I will put my hand up again for nomination. But it would be WONDERFUL to have someone lined up now, to take over at the next AGM. Even if someone was elected now and I could just help them learn the ropes.

    User avatar
    ClothConvert
    TNN nerd
    Posts: 3433
    Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:27 pm
    Location: Auckland, New Zealand

    Post by ClothConvert » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:26 pm

    k8ylou wrote:Who would be overseeing the Cloth Nappy education centre in AKL? would it be Community Liason officer through the Waitakere council? need to be AKL based? I think this is a big thing... we actually have STAFF there and pay wages, so someone on the committee needs to be overseeing this. CC - Is there a position in there for you?



    there is IRD obligations to be met by the 20th of each month. I am happy to carry on the role as TNN link to WCC.

    User avatar
    ClothConvert
    TNN nerd
    Posts: 3433
    Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:27 pm
    Location: Auckland, New Zealand

    Post by ClothConvert » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:31 pm

    By the way, I second k8ylou for Chairperson role :)

    aidanasher
    TNN nerd
    Posts: 3825
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:25 pm
    Location: @home

    Post by aidanasher » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:42 pm

    k8ylou wrote:Aidanasher - I put you in the Organiser of demo's spot, would you be keen?


    I'm not sure what it requires, but if someone tell me what to do than I'm happy to do it.

    I haven't been here long enough to know how things work, so I need instructions :wink:

    karmiec
    TNN oracle
    Posts: 12993
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 3:20 pm
    Location: Albany, Auckland

    Post by karmiec » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:17 am

    Audrey I don't think we have a job-description yet. What would you make of a title like that?

    I imagine:

    Keep a list of all the hirekits and their contents.

    Assist kit-keepers in updating the kits when a new style of nappy is developed (eg: snap in twos :wink: ) - I'm assuming this would mean asking on the forum for DIYers to donate on to the kits or buying one from them? (can't be branded so a WAHM couldn't use their labels etc on them)

    Pass on any requests for demo's to the appropriate kit holders (through TNN email)

    Ask for some sort of record of TNN demo's? Really basic details like date, and number attending.

    Replace kit-holders as required.



    Something like that. So basically copy and paste some info to a spreadsheet. Write a few emails. Write a couple of Forum posts as required. :wink:

    Locked

    Return to “Archived - AGM 2009”

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest